Character Assisted Lucid Dreaming - CALD Part III

I’ve recently took the plunge and added a fifth MC, Crysar. I tried for a compromise between having him spring forth with a preexisting personality like Saichania or Morph did, and having him as a blank slate like Aiden started out as. >_<

Currently he’s eagerly hoping for anger to absorb into himself (don’t ask) and happily awaiting a chance to destroy something. His personality seems to be a bizarre combination of youthful enthusiasm, angst, joy, innocence, and above all, anger, with a sprinkling of various other traits. An odd one to be sure.

I also finally got around to temporarily fixing a problem with the second island in the Mindworld, and in the process met several citizens of the city and learned a few things. (including the fact that there were the ruins of an ancient tomb in the forests to the Southeast of the city) (this was news because I hadn’t put them there at all) :confused:

Can someone give me a rundown as to how I would go about starting and practicing the CALD technique? I’m so confused about the whole procedure. :sad:

This seems like something I could really get into.

Go here: ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t … r=asc&&sta rt=30 (WTH, seems as if I’m not allowed to post the entire link :confused: Copy from my quote… No, that didn’t work either but simply remove the space)

And scroll down, not really in the middle but a bit higher up. There you’ll find Talon’s step-by-step guide on the character creation process (Thank you Talon :smile: For the first time I actually understand this brilliant technique).

XD Very cool! Crysar sounds absoloutely intriguing ^^~
XD I love him already!
Let’s hope he’ll chose to be very helpful!

As for your world-- What was wrong with the second island…?
I Can’t remember it being mentioned :O! Perhaps I’m not observant enough-- but at least it’s being fixed ^^~
The ruins sound very cool-- by the way :3 Proof that we don’t always have to make every single little detail of our dream worlds, some of it’s spontaneous XD

~Everything sounds fun XD Great update Mecha!
~Happy lucids ^^~
Tal

^^~ Just as MovieMe so politely replied, there is a link that will allow you to see a small tutorial on how to make the characters-- after that, it’s really just co-operation and getting the characters to help you get lucid…
You talk to them just as you would IRL people or us, and get their level of realism up.

It’s kind of like a sort of auto-suggestion… But getting the realism into the characters demands you don’t convince yourself they’re just puppets-- That won’t work :O!

XD But yes-- follow the link and sure enough, you’ll know how to make the character… It’s just the part of having them get you lucid then! :3

Hope that helped-- if you still have any questions, be sure to ask! We have plenty of knowledgable people on this thread as Movieme displayed ^^~

Good luck, and happy lucids!
~Tal ^^

Haha! Thank you so much for providing an answer before I could-- I would have been sad if a question was left unanswered for too long ^^~

And thank you very much for being so condierate-- I’m glad you understand the tech and I’m glad you seem to like it ^^~
But don’t thank me :stuck_out_tongue: you’re the one who took the initiative to learn! :smiley:

You’ve guys have made my day yet again!~ XD

Much love,
~Tal

Happy lucids! ^^~

These tentacles: https://orange.blender.org/wp-content/themes/orange/images/media/gallery/s8_emotease.jpg

Which burst out of the sand near the beach while listening to this: https://download.blender.org/ED/4-EmoCreates.mp3
(it’s under a creative commons license so you don’t have to worry about downloading it)

I thought it was an isolated incident, until I came to the city. Everyone was in hiding, and the gaurds were edgy. I wasn’t able to get much out of them, but evidently something was wrong. Not feeling like taking care of the problem right then, I just put a temporal field around the whole island to freeze time while I was away. (so that nothing would get worse) A couple weeks later I finally got around to seeing what I could do about it. Returning to the island, I disabled the field and got directions to the city hall. I flew along the streets along with Morph, Saichania and Aiden. (in the mindworld they have almost the same powers that I have, with the exception that I can undo anything they do, and they don’t have the nuclear option of controlling me like I have.) We were told we needed an appointment to see the Mayor, until I told the attendant that I was the owner of the island to the north and needed to talk to the mayor immediately. Then we were brought to see the mayor, who told us his name was Anprete Daco. He was able to tell us a little about a local legend about the tomb, and reffered us to the local library for more information. We thanked him for his time, and left for the library. This time we took a cab. Once we were there, I reactivated the timefield and went back to real life. Some days later I resumed the task and asked one of the librarians where I could find information on the ruins to the south. She showed us to the history section and showed us several books on the subject and then left. I was about to start browsing through one, when I realised that text would be next to useless in the mindworld, which shares some characteristics with dreams, like screwy letters. Frustrated, I wondered what we would do next. Sai suggested finding a historian and asking him about it. Agreeing that that was a good idea, I called up a map of the island on Mecha’s viewscreen and asked him to show the location of any historians on the island. There was one, locacted in the northwest section of the city. I teleported everyone to outside the building he was in, a grubby rundown structure. He didn’t seem very nice when we met him, and evaded several of our questions. We left feeling rather suspicious of him, but at least we now knew exactly where we could find the ruins. When we got there, the tentacles attacked again. Not in the mood for a fight, I simply banished them with a thought. No obvious entrance was visible, so Aiden warped inside and had a look around. He came out with a run down radio that had been placed in the tomb, apparently the gaurdian is easily put to sleep by music. We think that the historian was the one that put it there, to distract the gaurdian long enough for him to do whatever it was he wanted, perhaps steal artifacts, or information. We left a new radio in the heart of the tomb with an extra long-lasting battery to keep the beast pacified until a more long-term solution could be thought of.

Oh wow! How exciting! So the Tenticles were actually from a beast inside the tomb?
:open_mouth: That’s really dramatic XD I don’t think anything that interesting has ever happened in Aria! XD
:stuck_out_tongue: Perhaps a wedding, but that’s not even close XD
I hope the people will be safe, and the time-pausing barrier seems cool :smiley:

Good luck with finding a full soloution! I really hope that that historian isn’t anyone TOO bad :C

~Good luck, and happy lucids!
~Tal :3

Artwork for Crysar is up. What do you think of it?

https://community.ld4all.com/t/mechas-3d-and-traditional-artwork/25765/21

o0o0o! Wow! Crysar is quite impressive… I had really imagined him to be a more bounsy, young kid who spouted lines about anger o-o! He seemed much more upbeat XD

:stuck_out_tongue: But he is very complexly down, I like him very much! :smiley: I could never draw such characters as you think up Mecha! XD

Crysar is Lovely, in such a strong way XD

~Happilly yours,
Tal

Actually he is rather upbeat, despite his appearance.

I don’t know, Serpentus was pretty impressive. (I still wish I could draw reptiles like that)

XD Oh! Well that would explain his personality… :stuck_out_tongue:

And Serpentus? He wasn’t tool hard ^^~ It was really just up to scaling… That’s all-- But I have trouble with altered humanoids with sharp edges-- tings overlaps other things and poke out and… It’s all very cluttered when I try XD
Thanks very much though, I didn’t really think he was -impressive- XD But it probably would’ve made him happy if he could understand, to know that XD

:3~
~Tal

Ok, temporary respite from mad keyboard syndrome, due to the loan of my sister’s keyboard for a little while. Negotiations with the guardian were successful, although it turned out not to be sentient. I had to communicate with it via thoughts and feelings. It wanted it’s “friend” back (turned out to be a sarcophagus that had been stolen from the tomb) I was able to convince it that the townsfolk were not responsible for the loss of his ‘friend’ and that he should leave them alone. After that, our little group set out to find the sarcophagus and return it to the guardian. Our first stop was the historian’s place. We checked both floors, but it looked as though he wasn’t there. I decided to float down through the floor to see if there was a basement hidden underneath somewhere. Jackpot. In stark contrast to the upper levels, the basement was very clean and white, with good lighting. There was the historian, and the sarcophagus with him. We left Crysar behind to watch the historian while we returned to the tomb. The guardian was happy to see his friend again, and I told it that if anything ever happened again, to just try and get our attention instead of terrorizing the populace. We went back to the basement to find the historian tied up, dangling upside down from the ceiling. I gave Crysar a look, then warped us all to where the local constabulary were based. After explaining the situation to them, they took charge of the historian and we left.

Hopefully this will be the end of adventures on the islands. They’re supposed to be a place to relax and chill out with the MCs, not go around hunting relics or stopping monsters.

I haven’t mentioned this before, but the whole mindworld so far is actually a small moon orbiting a planet. My plan is to relax on the sanctuary moon and use Morph’s teleportation station to travel to the planet whenever the urge to have an adventure strikes me. We’ve only gone once so far.

I’m so glad everything worked out so well! :smiley: Everything seemed to have a good outcome-- and what an exciting adventure XD
I hope Crysar didn’t traumatize that historian too much… but serves him right for being so greedy >:C.

I had no idea that your mindworld was a moon XD Most people go for the full blown planet first-- :stuck_out_tongue: But it sounds like a good idea! Probably more peaceful anyways, as you said ^^~
So are the islands on the moon, or the planet…?

Great job, and thanks for the update! It sounds like your mindworld is plenty exciting! :smiley:

By the way-- What is Mad Keyboard syndrome?

~Happy lucids!
Tal

What is mad keyboard syndrome? It’s my term for when the keyboard garbles everything you type, and it won’t let you backspace. We were about to get a new keyboard, but luckily it spontaneously fixed itself yesterday, (?) and I’m hoping it’ll decide to stay fixed. As for the moon, the suface is entirely covered in ocean, except for the two islands so far. I may decide to create more islands, but two is plenty for now.

heh, I’m back. Sorry everyone, I’ve been WAY to busy for the internet…I’m tellin ya school has been murder. Not fun at all. All those honors classes, they test us on things that we haven’t studied and they won’t teach us, that way we go out and try to learn as mych as we can. If only it wasn’t on such random topics lol. Well, how’s everyone doing?

Yesterday was the 5th time Morph’s appeared in my dreams now, but still no luck going lucid with CALD. (but I haven’t really been trying lately, just interacting with my MC’s)

XD Haha, very cool… I can’t imagine a keyboard malfunctioning like that-- my keyboards have always been very well-behaved XD I hope that it stays fixed as well, it sounds very frustrating…

And as for your moon XD It sounds so nice XD Very managable… I’m glad! :smiley:
:stuck_out_tongue: So what is the first island like, anyways…?

Hppy lucids!~ ^^~
~Tal

Haha, hello Tribe! Glad to see you’re back! :smiley:
I hope that those classes aren’t just TOO BAD D: sounds frustrating that they’d jump on you like that-- It’s crazy to think you’re my age and attending such things XD

Aria’s been calm, and there’s been much happy Roleplaying-- I added a new character to my roster namerd Serpentus XD He’s worked well at least on one occasion so far ^^~
And I’m really, very, very happy-- CALD has been used enough to have it’s very own acrynym! :smiley: I’m overjoyed XD

So how’s everybody over with you been?
Mandy still ok? XD

~Happy lucids!
Tal~ :3