Could autosuggestion help me?

Okay, here’s my problem. I get startled VERY easily. I jump whenever a teacher shouts at school or if someone makes a loud noise, even when I’m expecting it. It is really bugging me, especially when my classmates snigger and such its just so embarrasing. So, do you think that autosuggestion would help me, ie when I go to bed I repeat a mantra or something?

If not, does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop this or at least suppress my physical reaction?

It sounds as if you are somewhat high-strung and jumpy. I used to be like that. I would think that basic relaxation would help you out. Like meditation for instance would definitely help you relax a bit. Auto suggestion might help you out a little, but I think just basic efforts to calm yourself down would do a lot more. Take a few deep breaths if you feel a little jumpy or anxious, and see if that helps out any.

And to just put this into perspective, this really isn’t that big of a problem. In a few months after you’ve calmed yourself down, you’ll have a laugh at how big this problem seemed at the moment, but how simple it became after it got fixed :content:

Your probably right :lol: thanks