What would happen if...

I’ve thought of a few things that I’m curious about. What do you think would happen if you did the following things in a dream:

-Commit suicide
-Take a hallucinogenic drug (i.e. lsd or mushrooms)
-Will yourself out of existance
-Attack dream gods

These are just a few as I can’t remember all of them.

Whatever YOU think would happen is what would happen, not what someone else thinks. However…if someone else says “i think ____ would happen” that could change what you think would happen, and therefore it would become what would happen.

Those are intriguing questions. Perhaps i should try them tonight. That is IF i get lucid.

But if the power of the dream gods is beyond your own, then why would you still be in control of what happens?

ahh, robutel?

Whose dream is it? Yours or the dream gods?

If you think you have less power than these dream characters, then you do…and you would surely lose in any battle. Remember, you can do whatever you want in a dream. If you want to fight a character that is just as strong or stronger than you, you can. If you feel like beating up 12 dream gods at once, you can just as easily do that as well.

I love it when people ask these sorts of things

Then i’ll see myself die, and wake up

I don’t think anything would happen to me. Of course, i’ve never tried this.

You can’t do that

Most of the time i AM the dream god, except in one case in which i saw someone who told me “I am the dream god” so out of curiosity i attacked her. She was quicker than me, and i didn’t seem to be able to hurt her. Good fight.

Post the rest sometime :content:

Why can’t you will yourself out of existence? I thought anything was possible in a dream

Just try it! Then you’ll see.

I have wondered about what dream suicide would be like. I think the method plays a big role here for me. Because I could probably walk into fire without feeling too weird about it. But something like opening my veins just feels too creepy for me. What I expect is that it would feel really morbid and I’d question my mental health. But walking into fire doesn’t seem as bad. I guess it’s not as realistic I mean, you don’t really hear much about that method. It does happen though.
Jumping from a bridge, for me, I think it wouldn’t work. I would just land softly.

Taking an hallucinogenic drug I have tried. And I saw some strange lights. I felt good and funny, I had some weird thoughts. It was fun, I recommend it. Experiment with dream drugs! But be careful with real drugs!

Willing myself out of existance. Well. If I didn’t exist I wouldn’t experience anything so. I imagine it’s a big possibility that if I am successful, things will disappear and I’ll end up in the void. I think it’s the closest thing I can imagine that unconsciousness is like. If I am more successful maybe I lose consciousness. Wich I think would be a waste of a lucid dream.

I don’t quite believe in gods, but god has been present in at least one dream wich made me lucid. PLaying with the thought, all manner of fun things could happen if I were to attack any such DC.

^Agree. It’s just a dream, your dream.

When I committed suicide it was like whenever I ‘died’ in a dream, there was a warm feeling and then it just went into darkness.

Hallucinogenic substances worked as they do IRL for me.

I haven’t tried willing myself out of existence (I’d probably just drop out of the dream), but I always attack dream gods… Nothing happens except some epic fight, sometimes I even defeat a dream god, but it isn’t permanent.

Then dream god ‘reincarnates’ or something and shows up in a later LD.

Haha dude, thats great. Just some epic fighting. I have to try that. Nice job

Personally, these are my experiences:
-I can not die in my dreams. I’ve killed myself multiple ways, been shot stabbed what ever. In lucid dreams I feel nothing and nothing happens.
-In lucid dream the drugs do nothing, in normal dreams they feel just like they do in real life.
-Everything just goes black, or you have third person view and watch yourself disappear.

-As for this one I’ve never done it, because I am the god of my dreams.

Commit suicide:
Either watch yourself die or wake up.
I died in a dream and I just floated up and was standing over my dead body. So I kicked it and said pice of crap carcus, then moved on with my dream.

-Take a hallucinogenic drug:
Trip balls or nothing at all.

-Will yourself out of existance
Probably wake up.

-Attack dream gods
If it was infact a Dream God you would fail misserably and wake up.
quote]

comit suicide-… why would you want to? i have been killed many times in dreams well attemped and nothing ussaly happens but there are times when i am forced into a black void or into a place wherei cant feel or even think that only lasts like a second and i wake up.

Take drugs

i think it would depend on your life expereinces with them, ie if u take acid or shrooms a lot then in your dreams it would be very real to life, but i think if you had not taken them, then in the dream it would be what you expect it to be or something very amazing or terrible.

will your self out of existence…
again why? i have willed my dream out of existence, it just ends i would presume you would end your dream if you willed your self out of ex as you are the dream…

attack dream gods?

dream walker can relate to this and so can i. Its a big struggle with lucidity. but agan as others have said, what you beleive it to be it will be on the most part, and i really do mean on the most part

I challenged a dream god, and the funniest thing happend… A soothing voice that possibly was morgan freeman said, “You are not worthy, and i woke up”. But it was a false awakening.!!

Thats messed up but funny non the less.

Haha yes, thanks.