Sensory Handcheck

this is largely an RC for WILDers, as it works on the least physical stimulation as possible. essentially, if you think you may be asleep but dont want to risk losing everything, you can take your thumb and use it to feel each of your fingers in turn. if you feel abnormalities (warts, scales, extra length and, of course,those telltale surplus digits). hopefuly you’ll be able to tell if your dreaming, and if your not you can get thier with as little interruption as possible.

That seems like a good RC I might do that and see how it works.

wow nice going ill have to try this

have you done it yet? or did you just come up with it.

ive always had a problem with not knowing if i was dreaming or not from a WILD, and usually end up waking myself up early with an RC, so hopefully this will get rid of that completely :smile:

thanks

no, i just came up with it. last night (though it was very confused) i remember hearing a hum of voices, and some drums. i always aim to,er, wakeup in this shopping mall place, so the chatter and the music werent far off (though i always thought there would be a brass band , not african drumming) anyway on reflection i just thought if id done this, i could have established that i (or at least my hands)were dreaming.i think from there i would do the nose check, then use my fingers to lift up my eyelids.

Hmm…
Good idea. I think I’ll try it out one of these days.

I haven’t tried it exactly the way you prescribed it, but last night when my eyes were closed in a dream, I felt how many fingers I had on my right hand. I felt seven. So it’s definitely possible, I think! :wink:

Now I got bit by a dog a few years ago and my left ring finger almost fell off.
If you can imagine the scar and the condition of the nail there, do you think that it would be like a regular nail in a LD?

well it could be anything, couldnt it?
as long as it aint how it is IRL, you are probably dreaming.

I think I understand it now, thank you very much.

bones to answer your question, ive had a tree for a hand before.