The BIG Cat Lover & Dog Lover Topic III

Wow, Muzzius, it’s amazing that you have the courage to let your cats out… do you live in a very safe area or have a big yard or something? I’m getting a cat soon, and I already know that I’m not going to let him out other than on a cat-leash. We also had a family cat when I was younger, we didn’t let him out either… Joe also had a housecat that we never let out either, in fear of the cat getting injured or even lost…

You should post some pictures of your cats, it’d be fun to see them! :content:

So yeah, I should be getting a cat soon, something I’ve been really excited about lately! :woo: I thought I’d get one a few days ago, but someone had already bought him… :crying: so instead we visited the local cat shelter, and they should have some kittens for sale the wednesday after next wednesday… so I’m of course keeping some weird sort of count-down for this (rather than thinking about how many days I have left, I focus on counting the number of days I’ve survived waiting around lol). I just can’t get this cat thing out of my head, and it’s so much harder to wait for something if you think about it every 5 seconds. I wonder what I’ll do when I actually get the kitten! :lol:

Other than just sharing and ranting randomly, I also wanted an opinion on this idea we had for the cat’s name. I’m a little obsessed with the whole Caturday thing (lolcats, anyone? :tongue: ), so Joe suggested we should just name the cat Caturday! An idea I’m crazy about at the moment! :woo: :lol: Still, the part of me that isn’t obsessed with Caturday wonders if that’s a really lame name lol, so I just wanted some opinions on that. :happy: :lmao:

I have a cat named Tiger and a dog named Joey.
I honestly cannot decide whether I am a cat or dog person.
I would say I am both.

Unfortunately my dog just got diagnosed with cancer, so he doesn’t have much longer. He is 7 years old.

Aww man, that’s awful. Spend lots of time with him, because when he’s gone, you’ll miss him a whole lot. :sad:

Yeah, that is sad. But remember when a window closes, a door opens… Or is it. nevermind :wink:

Yeah im more of a dog person than a cat person :smile:

Thank you.
I am trying to spend as much time with him as I can.
I can’t stop giving him food, because when I don’t he just looks at me kind of sad and I just have to do it. I will miss him a ton when he is gone.
They had to remove his spleen and the chances were that he wasn’t going to make it through that night, so that really got me thinking about how much I would miss him and how big of a part of my life he has become.

havent had much time to go online due to the fact that i just got a new kitty YAY

but yes anyway IM STILL HERE!!! :smile:

just thought id let you know

you can’t say that and not show pictures of the kitty :happy:

sign the petition here https://community.ld4all.com/t/the-big-cat-lover-dog-lover-topic-iii/23736 :moogle:

His names Chewie :smile:

Chewie 1
Chewie 2
Chewie 3

He looks playful.
:smile:
How long have you had him for?

almost a week

Ohh, a new kitten.
I talk to my cat, I meow at him and he meows back, we can get into some pretty serious conversations.

“Congratulations, it’s a boy!”. :grin:

I just brought home my new kitten… I’ve been wanting to get a cat for so long, now it’s finally happened. He’s 12 or 13 weeks (the only thing I forgot to ask the owner, lol, I knew I should have written it down), and so far he doesn’t have a name. We’re going through name ideas like crazy, we already rejected like 200 names…

I’ll post pictures later :grin: he’s really cute! Grey/brown/mocca, PERFECT cat! :content:

aaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww
:hyper: yes need piccehs

call him mochi :grin:

(name 201 :tongue: just popped in my head when i read he is grey/brown/mocca )

My family’s always been a dog one. So I’ve never had a cat before. But once I get out of college I will for sure get a cat someday!

I like that name.
Congratulations on getting your kitten Olesia.
Tell us when you have decided a name.

's been a while since I posted here. Sadly we lost Felix on the 2 year anniversary of adopting him from the RSPCA - we found him curled up in the grass at the side of the road :sad: He’s sadly missed by the whole family…

On a happier note, we have a new adoptee - Dora. She is a very lively and fairly insane one-year-old who captured our hearts on a recent visit to the RSPCA :content: She’s settling in with us and beginning to tolerate our 10-year old Cinnamon.

Those are cute cats there Sleepyhead :content:

oh Sleepyhead :sad: :hugs:

oo odd markings … you will always be able to spot her from a distance :smile:
… and most younger cats do tend to be a little insane :tongue:

I’m gonna post a picture of my dog soon!

My dog just died about a month ago.
I had a dream about him two nights ago after looking at pictures of him before bed.
It was nice to be able to pet him again.