Sleep paralysis

Im sorry if this seems to be a dumb question! How does one know when he/she has entered Sleep Paralysis SP during an attempt at a WILD?

well, you supposedly feel your body “vibrating” just before, and a telltale sign that you’ve entered SP is… that you can’t move

When I get SP, I feel very, very heavy and I feel anxious.

SP is NOT a step in WILD! Sleep Paralysis occurs when you enter REM sleep, your body then “locks” itself to prevent you from acting out your dreams.

In SP you are unable to move, no matter how hard you try you can’t move, so the numbness you get from doing WILD is not SP.

You know MovieMe, some people do have SP when they WILD.

I am aware of that, but I got the impression from Ky that he believed SP was a step in WILD (Many peple seems to think that :wink:) so I simply explained.

Ive found that SP when going into a dream a alot easier to get out of than it is to get out of SP after you wake up from a dream.

so what im getting at it that you will feel very heavy, but if your used to SP after a dream, the feeling will be a little bit different, so dont trick yourself into thinking that you arent experiencing it and screw up your WILD by trying to move, it is alot more sensative in teh beginning

Sometimes your heart races. Also you may feel spinny.

for me I can feel my heart beat like crazy, like it is going to jump out of my body.I also feel like I’m falling.

I have went from LD to SP back to LD more then half the times I LD. I know they a tied some how.

It’s already been explained: when you’re paralyzed, and unable to move, you’re experiencing SP.

You might get some hypnagogic/pompic hallucinations (kinesthetic, auditory, visual etc …), but the main sign is that you, well, is paralyzed.

so, after you mastered WILD, there comes the sleep paralisis and you cannot NOT notice it, is this right? i fear, that i won’t notice my SP :tongue:

and if you’re in SP, you are automatically lucid or is there anything else, you have to do, to take the last step?

If you’d know if your in SP you would be paralyzed as in you won’t be able to move your body at all. To get to the next step (I think) you might see a white glow or just a glow itself and you try to imagine an object and then try to reach out to it or step into the white glow. That’s how I know to get into the dream state from SP. I have no personal experiences of this, I just got it from other people while ago.

ok sorry im confused when i enter what i believed to be sp i feel like my bodys shut down an i cant move it but i can enter back into a moveable state reallly easy is this just accidently hypnotising myself rather than sp im very into hypnosis so i thnk so now but not sure also when i awake i often get one arm that is completly numb and unmovable for a while but i always put this down for having a low blood pressure

No I’ve experienced both. The feeling of SP is far more intense buzzing than what you get when you’re trying to WILD and your body goes tingling. In SP i feel my body warping and a weird sensation creeps over my like a wave. I can quite easily tell the difference between the two, even if i don’t move during the SP.

When I get SP, and I get it a lot, I find that the first thing you notice is that your limbs get gradually heavier, it’s almost like something’s pushing you down. I’ve never experienced any vibrating or buzzing, but my heart beat tends to speed up and anxiety starts to creep over me, I get the intense feeling that there is something else in the room with me and often hear sounds, mostly jumbled voices where none or very few of the words are audible, or sometimes very loud bangs that sound like someone hitting metal underwater, these are hypnogogic sounds (hypnapompic if you’re coming out of sleep) Also you may experience hypnic jerks, which are the most likely thing to startle you out of the state, thats the feeling that you suddenly get of a fall or an impact.

After that I get the visuals kicking in (mine tend to be people looking over my bed or reaching out towards me, which is freaky) and from there on in you just have to go with the flow but try to remember that it’s a dream.

Sorry, didn’t mean to go on for so long!

I locked this because there is already a Big First Steps to WILD Topic and a Big Sleep Paralysis Topic :ysim: