psychokinesis/telekinesis

I don’t believe it. If people could do it, then we’d see it a lot more often in real life. Or they could take up Randi’s challenge and earn a hefty amount of money.

As for the “We only use [insert number]% of our brains,” snopes.com debunked that a while ago.

Merged into existing topic :moh:

Do you think it is possible to move things with your mind? Maybe just slightly?
I read somthing on the internet about scientists say that It could be possible. I also saw some websites and videos of people claiming to do it and saying that it is real. So, if you know anything about it, or if you can (or claim you can) do it, tell me.

P.S.
I’m not crazy

isnt the big psi topic for this … bur well good you open a dicussion on this (anyone notice that stycky threads are less frequently replyed to then non-sticky ?)

Me too :content: . I have had a few “experiences”, but not sure if they were just a coincidence. Here are some of my examples:

-Last year, the 7th and the 8th graders would wave a “war” going on. They wern’t bullying or anything, it was just play. Before school, we are not allowed to go inside of the halls and we have to stay at the bottom of the stairs. The 7th and 8th grade stairs were near each other and there would be two large groups of people. The 7th graders would throw a water bottle, then the 8th graders would throw it back along with a few pieces a candy and an old folder. Then, things started to fly everywhere, then for the first time, a teacher saw this and walked in between the two groups of people and yelled “STOP! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!? THIS IS…” blah blah blah…then I said to one of my friends “heh, that would be funny if he got hit by a water bottle.” then…BAM! He got smacked in the back with an opened water bottle.

I predicted the future :content: .

-And every once in a while we go somewhere I’ll say “We’ll probally see sombody that we know here” and well…we would! normally when i dont say it, I see nobody I know, but when i do, i usually see sombody i know. I have been wrong probally once or twice out of the 12 or 13 times i have said this.

and i know i didnt actully move things with my mind, but it is the closest personal expericence i have had with telekenesis.

OMG! This happens to me all the time! Only the opposite, so if it just randomly comes into my head and I don’t say anything it’ll happen, but saying it is almost like spoiling it. (except the whole harry potter scar thing,which I TOTALLY called!!!) I don’t know what to consider this as, and I don’t think it’s TK or PK or anything. Until I find out what’s going on, I’ve been calling it life’s inherent irony. :tongue:

I’d like to hear if you’ve thought more about this, but not sure if it’d get off topic.

PS: I :hugs: Florida peeps!

psistudies.net/forums/index.php?topic=946.0
mmh lets see what comes of this …

I believe, just because I have seen some strange things. I could elaborate but I would rather not be evaluated on the topic.

I totally believe it. And don’t blame my ‘youthful ignorance,’ all you nonbelievers. I went to that website, PsiPog.net, and I tried out the paper/thumbtack thing, and the paper kept twitching the first time. The second time I tried it, the paper turned a little; about an eighth of a turn. I completely believe it’s true and possible.

I totally believe in it but I don’t think the people that can do it will let anyone know. Just think of the concinquences if “some” poeple found out.

I’ve found some interesting things out over the last few days…

one is that you cannot control nature, nature takes its own course. All you can do is go with the flow of nature and direct it the way you want it to go.

the second thing i found is that pure willpower can do things like telekinesis, given that it doesn’t disobey the above statement - otherwise it will simply not work.

So it would seem then that to achieve telekinesis, one would have to be going about their daily business and then using will power to make something move that is in their way. It is very difficult to use will-power let alone pure will-power. I would describe pure willpower as a godlike will that contains no greed, selfishness, evil intent or desire. So it would probably be easier to try and use your willpower to move people and cars out of your way, rather than a stationary object. I think a stationary object would take something close to the will of god. I also think it would be easier with people because they can be influenced on a subconscious level and I believe humans do possess some kind of psychic ability. Take for example when you are staring at someone then they turn their head because they can sense it… or if you notice you are being stared at just because you sense that feeling of being observed.

Noticing that you are being stared at is a bit strange that we know if we are or not. I don’t know if it is part of psychokinesis but it might. That is a very good example.

if anything it is a part of Telepathy
according to my limited understanding ofcourse

Lol we notice when people stare at us because we subconsciously see their eyes. If someone behind you was staring at you you would have no idea. And think of the possibility of all the times someone has stared at you yet you didn’t notice. You don’t count those because you don’t even notice it in the first place.

And for telekinesis, I doubt it exists. For the thing of the car moving out of the way, thats not telekinesis at all, cars will move out of the way eventually. It’s like strongly wanting a green light, the green light will appear whether or not you want it to. As for the superhero type of telekinesis, that makes even less sense. What even makes it move? The air? EM waves from the mind? If they are waves, it wouldn’t actually move the object otherwise natural EM waves would already move things.

Thats why we keep it to forums where this kind of thig is openly discussed. Ive only ever shared this to a very very small group of people that i really know. TK isnt really something thats accepted very well by a lot of people. for instance my x girlfrind made me give it up kuss it freaked her out so ive been out of practice for the last 10 months. so I really try and not tell people about it to much kuss ill get labeled as crazy or on the sli occasion that they actually do believe they will probably ask you to do it for them which is tough kuss 1 i suck at it and 2 its really hard to concentrate when there is soeone leaning over your shoulder.

My opinion about it: false until proven otherwise.

Check my sig for more info.

So there are people who believe in TK :smile: I have TK, but cant control it to 100%. I can affect already moving objects, I can EMP systems (this power I cant control) and I can create electric fields (I cant control this either). Is there a place to train powers like this? (I have always wanted to fly IRL).

I wish i had telekinesis.

I don’t know if there are actual, physical places, maybe a secluded temple somewhere… google earth any one?

There are many useful websites if you do a quick google search. The one I am most familiar with is down forever and merely an archive site now… so … anyone else wanna take this one?

but isnt the definition of phenomenon an observable occurrence?

telekinesis / PK is one of the things that parapsychologists research. Unfortunately there are less that 100 people on the world who have this profession. There is micro PK and macro PK. Micro PK is when it happens on the atomair level, and that is what has been demonstrated already with “regular” science. Particles being influenced by the mind. I’m sure there have been reports written about that, but in Quantumphysics.

macro PK is that what you all are talking about here, when you can really move objects with your mind. I for one definately believe it’s possible, however, since there are so many illusionists, magicians, etc who do this with tricks it’s easy to call all fake or fraud. I can definately imagine people being able to do this that they rather keep it silent. If you film or tape this then it’s impossible to prove it was real since everything can be tricked so easily on film.

Just the other day I watched a tape in class where someone moved an egg cup just with his hands, not touching. I immediately tried to see where the trick was. The parapsychologist that had set up this experiment explained that there could be no trick involved since it was his own egg cup and glass plate that he had brought for the experiment, so it couldn’t have been tampered with by the one doing the PK. And still I was sceptical. I believe it is possible, but if I see someone doing it i think it’s fake :tongue: