A diary to be used by all... The Nightmare Diary

I don’t have nightmares anymore. Once I prayed that I would never have a nightmare again, and I don’t. I think of this as a very interesting coincidence, or the power of my subconscious and nothing more. :razz:

So, the last nightmare I actually had twice. Or maybe I dreamt that I had it twice. I was about 7 when I had it. I made the tremendous mistake of going inside a creepy looking house. I was thrown down a flight of stairs, and when I looked up…

An old lady was in a suspended rocking chair, cackling.

AND I WAS STUCK IN THIS HOUSE FOREVER.

Hey I remember I used to have this horrable dream in my childhood. It was a RN and I would always wake up when my parents died ( In the dream they are alive in real life).

The dream was that I was at soccer practice and I saw this abandand car. me and my friends would look into it and no one saw anything exept the cars interier exept me. I saw a man who looked like he was in a waking coma then he would jump at me and hit the window. After that I had the grim reaper following me. The thing was nobody including me could see him. I just new he was there and whan I told sombody noone would listen. After that I saw the car every were. The man inside was gone but every time I saw the car death would try to hurt me. I would get hurt pretty bad but he would never kill me. After a couple days of this I got a letter in the mail saying I was invited to a soccer party thing in this lab. There were two pathes I could take now. I could choose not to go and then I would get three letters saying if I didnt go my parents would die. they would always die in a different way and there were so many I forgot what they were. The second path was to go there and then a bunch of scientists would strap me down and bring out a huge needle ( I have had a needle fobia since I was three) and prick me in the arm with it. the thing is every time he pricked me I would wake up with a pain in my arm like somone had stabed me with a needle.

i had a nightmare before it was so bad. i hate the mirror RC because i always lokk freaky anywas i was running through my house because i have a darkness phobia and i ran into the bathroom ( now in real life i cant look at a mirror without the lites on it just freaks me out) then i turned on the light stared in the mirror and i was there having this evil grin and then it sucked me in the mirroralmost like we switched places. everthing went black and then i woke up. i think it means like im now a diffrent person and need to change. :eek:

one nithmare i had was were i was in my bed and i fell asleep then i was in this dream world were theres water jungles just eerything and i had to collect thies stones to get bak to RL then i got the stones i woke up in my bed agoan (in the dream) my mom was vacumming i went back to bed that night ( like i skiped th entire day) then i did the same thing but it was like a movie and i was swinging uderwater and droped my bag of stones it zoomed in on the stones like impliyng i couldnt get back but then i found the golden stone which ment i couldnt get back to this place if i used it, so i grabed a rock and a stick in each hand and used the stone i woke up to find my hand had turned into stone and my other hand had turned into a tree. then i really woke up :confused:

Me and my girlfriend were in my bedroom and the lightswitch controlled 3 lights in the room, one by one they all went off and I jumped onto the bed and curled up. I expected to hear a really fast and sharp violin sound and I did for about 10 seconds. I escaped the nightmare then… but man that violin is scary :cry:

I don’t have many actual nightmares now, but I had one last night.

I was in this big building castle like place with people from school. We were in this library computer type room that was huge. There was this monster that looked like a person with long hair that could fly, teleport, clone itself, and do spells and it was trying to kill us all. We were trying to collect something (don’t remember what it was or exactly what we were doing) and someone said something like “If we get this done we’ll feel better since we’re going to die anyway.” If one of us left the room to go somewhere else we’d have to be extremely careful beause the monster would appear and kill you. There was a part where I was in a hallway and I saw it. I was really scared and was trying to hide from it and had my face covered. When I was in the huge room again the monster came and casted a spell where you couldn’t see anyone at all; the room looked empty except for the monster. I could see one other person and said I could which broke the spell and angered the monster. Another time it came back and I was a Pokemon. It did some spell which hurt me and I said “Just kill me now” and it blasted me or something and I was on the floor. I wasn’t dead, but I faked it and the monster went away for a while.

The nightmare didn’t have much of a story to it and is really jumbled up in my memory right now. But it’s one of the few nightmares where I actually felt fear.

The latest of one of my nightmares involved very gruesome scenes of torture, punishments, rituals and violence. i don’t think i can- or should- describe them all, because it might cause them to linger further in my memory. But since you asked, i have a horrible (repetitive) nightmare where i am travelling somewhere in Africa or Asia (have never been in RL) and i am told there will be a big festival that day, and i am invited and i go and it turns out to be to some horrible ritual involving female gen. mutilation, or the cutting off of a hand of some one caught stealing or whippings or stonings and all that kind. I want to run away and i cannot get away, or i am forced to watch. I usually wake up and i have a very hard time falling asleep again.
It might have to do with the fact that i used to volunteer for Amnesty International and we still get publications from them and from Docotors Without Borders and the reports i read “regurgitate” in these nightmares.

I have not had any recent nightmare (actually not many dreams at all).

It has been about a month, but I’ll try to describe it the best I can.

I had a dream that a noise from somewhere else in the house had woke me up. I got up and looked around. My parents were not in bed, and neither was me brother. I assumed that it was just them making the noise, but I couldn’t find where they were. Then, a call came from the phone. I picked it up, I thought it was going to my mom, but it wasn’t. It was a man with a deep voice, like sombody from a horror movie. He told me that he knew where my family was. I was too nervous to talk and just used small words, then I hung up on him. I finally was able to talk and called the police.

After he called me back, he told me that there were four pile of clothes in a room. He told me to grab a knife and stab one of them. If I didn’t he would kill me. He told me that he was under one of the piles. I tried to look and figure out which one was his. I noticed a light coming from one of the piles. I assumed that it was the man’s cell phone, and that the man was under this one, so I stabbed it. After I looked under and found it was my mother. I screamed and said somthing to the man (i forget what is was). Then, I noticed that there was a door in the wall that I have never noticed before. It looked like a trap door, but high up on the wall. I climbed onto the table and opened it. It was where he was. But, he was no longer there. Finally, the police came, but they were too late, my brother and my dad were missing somhow, and my mom was dead.

i had a very scarring dream which i doubt id ever forget
i have awesome recall lol

well i was sleeping in my toilet in my house and i open the door.
i peep my head out through the toilet door and i saw my corridor but instead of the walls bein a nice white it was a very dark dark black and its patterns seemed to ‘bring you in’ in a sense
anyways i close my door tinking wth… then open the door again
everything changes i was puzzled now the walls were a light blue and i saw my family sitting down all gazing one direction
i was still puzzled and had a little fear in me
i squint my eyes and out of no where there was a guest but he wasnt a guest no one seemed to notice her except me
she had very wet greasy hair and was wearing a yellow stained dress and she didn’t have a face it was just skin
and she looked directly at me
i was scared so i closed the door hoping the scene would change
i closed it then opened the door scene changed i could feel my sweat pouring on me and as i wiped my sweat it was all blood but i felt nothing i got scared closed the door. scene change
open the door the daceless woman was right at the door i closed the door opened she wasnt there
i thought to myself this is crazy i wanted to shit myself
i opened the tap to wash my face and out poured blood
i looked up at the mirror then suddenly i saw my horrific face
it had stitches and infected wounds and opened slits all over my face and my eyes was pure white
i blinked took a deep breath looked up and instead of my reflection i saw the woman mimicking my moves

woke up
checked myself… everything was ok

That was a very scary dream.
My nightmares usually feauture a lot of inertia or something sucking me in.
In one dream I was going home from school and suddenly the sky darkened. A huge tornado was behind me, I wanted to go to home very fast but the tornado started throwing me around the whole city.

Other ones are just that I’m on a swingset and swinging very fast or I’m spinning around my axis very fast etc.

Until about 7 years ago, I used to have horrible recurring nightmares, where I was in an elevator, and it started malfunctioning. The interesting thing about them was that they wouldn’t be very scary at all if they were RL situations. Somehow the dream’s atmosphere(or something like that) was, itself, terrorizing. :scared:
Oh yeah, I’m new here! After over a year visiting ld4all I finally registered! Yay for ld4all :shy:

I usually don’t have nightmares, that really creep me out. I had a short nightmare a few weeks ago. And this one makes me creeped out when I think of it.

It starts out as normal dream. I don’t remember much of it. I was sitting down on a hill with a friend. We were talking about normal things like school, then she changes the topic on paranormal things. After awhile we get up to leave. At this point I see a man in a black outfit. I can’t focus on his face (this man has been in my dreams many times before, but he isn’t the one I feel scared around). I then begin to realize that this was a dream. Right when I became lucid it flashed to my room.
Here’s the nightmare part: I’m in my room, laying on the floor, facing the window. And standing in front of my window was this…figure in a black cloak. He had a hood on, and his face was nothing but blackness. I could feel my heart rate speed up. Then something I can’t see starts to grab at me. I begin to struggle, moving around, trying to break free. The whole time, the only thing I was able focus on was this dark figure. It lasted a few minutes, than I woke up. And when I did, I felt like I was going to be sick. :help: Nightmares have never done that to me before. :scared:

It was a time ago since I had a nightmare but today I had one.
A storm is coming
I am at the busstation, I’m going to university, I meet Sandra at the station(Sandra from my old program), I also see the other Sandra and someone else from my university.
I tell Sandra(the first one I met), it wasn’t so long ago now(I met her recently 30th may at the university at the party ), she tells me that they have learned about computers and she’s going in now, to do some sort of game where she could win something with each square? she made hers.
She also told me that the other two weren’t going in.
Now the bus are coming, Sandra rushes out into the road and waves intending to get it to stop, but instead the bus who seems to be driving over the speedlimit drives right on Sandra and then over her, luckily no of the tires drives over her.
I’ll go over to the other side to ask if she is ok, she seems worse like a black eye, but I blow on it so it should feel better.
I’m walking now along the sidewalk, the other bus also drives past, I meet two persons one of them a woman with a small dog.
The sky is very cloudy now, I see lightning strike the big electric lines several times, it seems pretty fantastic and I wished I had a camera so that I could have taken a photo.
When walking on the sidewalk, I noticed these gigantic holes in the road, so that no cars could drive there, I’m happy I didn’t decide to take the car as I thought about doing, they are several of the holes.
I know it’s the lightning strikes that has caused them.
Now I’m at Freeport where my mum works, I unhinges a white door, for a moment I wonder how mom got here with the gigantic holes in the road.
I think or it happened, due to the gigantic holes, the water will sink and the land rise or something like that. Making it a very unfriendly land.
I wish that this could be only a nightmare and that I should wake up.
I wake up.

It was a relief to wake up

I’ve had the same general nightmare a couple times recently. It involves me flying over a cliff in my car, and basically I sit there with a free falling feeling (like your dropping on a roller coaster), and I can’t see anything outside the windows as its all a blur(typically the dream is at night).

It’s very realistic though, so I essentially have experienced the moment before my death several times now. I REALLY don’t want to experience that more than once!!

I fall for a while, MORTIFIED, knowing that any second we are gonna hit and my entire life will be over in that second. It’s me living my worst fear over and over. Having a short time to sit and think that I’m gonna be all over in seconds.

I rarely have nightmares that frighten me too much, but I have had one on occasion. I think the strangest/freakiest experience with dreaming I’ve had was a few years ago…

I had a small necklace of a square-like wooden cross. In the dream, I remember going to look for it in my bedroom. I had left it earlier on the nightstand right beside my bed. When I approached my nightstand, I saw a blotch of turquoise on one of the edges of the cross. I bent down to look at, puzzled…

I suddenly felt two chilly, rough hands shove into both my shoulders from behind. I fell flat into my bed, ready to scream in fear – and I wake up, jerking as if I had fallen into that spot on the bed. (I had a moment of “revelation”: apparently, my room was haunted… because something possessed the necklace. It was a ghost, or something, that attacked me…)

The transition between the haunting presence shoving me unexpectedly from behind in the dream and the seeming to “fall” into my bed when awaking… that is one of the most disturbing things that ever happened to me. Gave me the shivers for the next week!

Needless to say, I never wore the necklace again!

omg this NOT a thread to read before bedtime…
hmm nightmares…nightmares sometimes the WORST thing ever but they can give you weird feelings
like…survival?

besides that the ambience is usually awesome.
the first nightmare i can remember (really old too,all the dreams in this post are when i was about 8-12 years old)

is a flesh bridge thats screams while im passing over it
under the bridge there are dirty water and zombie dogs

suddenly the bridge cuts in 2 and i fall in the water while the zombiedogs try to bite me

i swim and get out of the lake.I look around me and its like a Huge cave…
far away i can see something like Acropolis of Athens but with many people
they are so many and i am so far that they look like little dots…

sometimes you can turn nightmares into good dreams.so one time i was playing capture the flag with skeletons ^^ i lost though…

another nightmare that turned into a good dream was me and my family 3 more ppl
on bicycles…on a mountain…while passing through a really high and small passage with nothing underneath i fall down from my bike (my family ignores me and that feels bad)

but while i am falling i open my arms and start to fly (this must be the first time i could fly like that)
and land on some cables.in a dune like place…some old couple are watching at me.
i am sitting like a bird on the cable (i feel so good)
and then i come down,look at the old couple and wake up.

Well, how unfortunate. I’m about to go to bed xD
My nightmares aren’t usually about zombies chasing me or anything like that. They’re strange…stuff that you wouldn’t normally think of as scary. Things that I just think of as “morbid” and downright freakish…like my one dream about black sheets sliding down over my old apartment’s exits as I tried to escape from a fire. Those black sheets scared the heck out of me, and coupled with the fire…ugh. I used to have a LOT of nightmares about fires and tornados. Now they’re mostly about bombs and guns.
I remember one nightmare where I was on a very high staircase that spiraled around a tall square house. It was a long, long drop to the bottom, and the stairs just kept going higher. Sunlight shone through the windows and cut through the shadows, it looked as if it were morning. It wasn’t a scary scene at all. The scary part was that I was wrestling on the stairs with a man who was trying to shoot me point-blank with a pistol. Eventually, he got a few shots off and they hit me right in the face. I think I can even remember about where they hit me. Somehow I was still living, and I think after a while I beat him and threw him off the stairs. It was one of the scariest dreams I’ve ever had, probably number 3 on my list :wink:

I had a really weird nightmare the other night. (at least, i think i was asleep)
i was lying in bed in my pitch dark bedroom just like i had been when i went to sleep and i could hear this young boy’s voice saying loads of things at once. at first i could distignuish them but i cant remember what any of them were, and then they got too many to hear individually. and i was shouting into the darkness of my room “Jack! Jack, is that you? Please don’t Jack! You’re scaring me. Is that you Jack?”
what i want to know is, who the hell is jack? lol
it was quite sinister experience actually so that’s why im calling it a nightmare. sounds weird written down though.

Interesting thread… Surprised I didn’t see it before. My most recent one was a bit ago. I didn’t want to put it in my DJ because I didn’t feel it was needed but if there is a thread about these things, it might help to share.

[color=purple]It is dark and I suddenly find myself sitting down talking with a woman.  She has bright red hair and is dressed in elegant clothes.  She is surrounded by a group of cohorts.  She is talking directly to me.  She is telling me that the time is soon to come and within my lifetime her system will attack my planet.  She is telling me that our fear will drive us forward and fuel their attack.  They will conquer and destroy, and speaking with me is her fair warning of her arrival.

As she speaks a portal opens in the sky above her and spores begin to rain down from the sky.  I watch as they enter my pores of my skin on my arm and watch as my skin begins to grow plants.  She continues to talk with me and I begin to talk back.  I explain that I will not stand for this, and that there is no reason for them to bring their attack to us.   But she continues.  She references previous dream communications that I have had and demands they be fulfilled.  

I continue to plead for her to stop and she won't.  I finally  break down in tears and beg for help.  I cry for someone, anything to stop this from happening, I cry to her and she looks at me blankly.  I realize my tears have no effect on her and there will be no help.  Everyone agrees that she has a right to invade and will do nothing to stop her.  All around me people are running mad from the pain the spores are causing them.  There are individuals completely covered in green growth from plants growing on them. 

Out of the black portal flows more destruction.  Giant mushrooms bloom out of the ground as high as skyscrapers overturning everything in the path, and with slow movements they turn themselves inside out and release their spores before rotting and falling to the ground.  I don't know what to do to help, and I do not understand why she has come to speak to me.  Slowly the vines over take me as I awake.[/color]

it was an intense experience to go through. i have not been able to tell if it was just a silly dream, possibly a past life experience on another planet, or something else completely. good thing I don’t get bad dreams that often.

Ok, apart from the obviuos ones after watching a scary movie points at saw 1, 2 & 3 mine are either about one of 3 things;

[well, four…]

1. Spiders! Creepy crawlies! My most recent one, being in my house, floor covered in repulsive worms, bugs, spiders, hairy things, etc. Who, unfortunantly enough couldnt be killed. Yeah, scary stuff. Also most of my most memorable nightmares are of giant spiders. :sad:

2. Got to be being caught or chased by a dodgy man/person, going to scream but hey-ho, youve lost the ability to. Goodness i hate that.

3. Running from something, and tripping. Or running painfully slow. Away from something suckj as an erupting volcanoe? A falling building? A murderer? Yeah. Charming :confused:

4. Well, its a joint of the top two really, its creepy men, killers, psychos, basically people with the outward intention of wanting to kill you or kidnap you, yeh i hate those DCs. Die!

Lol, well thats it. =]