MUzIC

i love musicals, especially phantom of the opera :tongue:
rent is AWESOME! i’m listening to la vi boheme right now!
i love meg & dia. i just got their cd, and i love it!
ummmm…
i don’t know, recently all i’ve been listening to is RENT…
:tongue:

TRJR Dimmu Borgir is the correct spelling. yeah they are awesome. ManOWar, Judas Priest, Dark throne, Darkfuneral and the such are what i really love and Behemoth

I tend to like the extreme ends of the muzic spectrum. Which means stuff like heavy metal/hard rock and smooth jazz/elevator music/chillout.

If it’s too smack-dab in the middle, it has to be real good for me to like it. Oh well, Asia is a really good 80s progressive rock band i often listen to…

I’m pretty open minded. I listen to things from most genres. There is certain stuff i can’t stand though, certain types of dance.

I mainly listen to Rock or Metal. Favourite band being Guns N’ Roses :content: I’m in love with any band that has guitarist Slash in it :cool: Everything he’s done i love! Guns N’ Roses, Slash’s Snakepit, Velvet Revolver and everything in between.

Couple other favourite bands just now are Muse and Black Label Society.

merged into existing topic :moogle: also :truit: kt4all :tongue:

What kind of genre do you guys listen to on a daily basis? And what kind of bands do you listen to (list what genre it is)? I’m mostly alternative, I like some rock and electronic, classical and indie.

I don’t really mind what music i listen to as long at i like it, but i like indie and rock the most.

I like Maximo park and bloc Party too.

Techno , Classic, hip-hop
(btw this topic is gonna be merged SOON)

classic rock, punk, classical

If i’m with my friends i can listen to anything though.

I have interests in many genres of ‘muzic’, the majority of them are from the past though. I mainly listen to classic rock(more on that in a minute), classical, jazz, blues, techno, symphony orchestra, electronica, and even some 80’s. I don’t usually have a favorite artist(or composer), I just pick and choose things I love. However I do have some favorites from the classic rock era, some of them are(not in this order):

-Queen(really like this one)
-Alan Parsons Project(this one too)
-Kool and the Gang
-Bee Gees
-Journey
-Elvis(mostly his 60’s stuff)
-Eagles
-Elton John
-Ray Charles
-Stevie Wonder
-AC/DC
-Linda Ronstadt
-Fleetwood Mac
-Phil Collins
-Meatloaf(sometimes)

There are a lot of others from this era that I enjoy, but these are the first ones to come to mind(I’m having a moment here). :uh:

Right now, you could say that im “studying” throat-singing. Here’s an example of several types of throat-singing being used.

youtube.com/watch?v=6vkejOp9wOc

Also, im practicing in the shower. (lol?) Also, when i do it in school, people tell me to stop my “taliban throat-singing”.

I watched a few of those, and man, that is crazy.
In one video a guy was singing along with a Balalaika, and I love those.

I’ll list a few of my favourite albums (I’d recommend these to almost anyone):

Abydos

Anathema
Judgement
A Fine Day to Exit
A Natural Disaster

Angel Dust
Bleed
Enlighten the Darkness
Of Human Bondage

Coldplay
A Rush of Blood to the Head

Dark Suns
Existence

Dream Theater
Images and Words
Metropolis: Scenes From a Memory
Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
Train of Thought
Octavarium

Evergrey
Recreation Day
The Inner Circle

Green Carnation
Light of Day, Day of Darkness
The Acoustic Verses

Hans Zimmer
Gladiator (Soundtrack)
The Last Samurai (Soundtrack)
The Thin Red Line (Soundtrack)

Katatonia
Last Fair Deal Gone Down
Viva Emptiness
The Great Cold Distance

Lacuna Coil
Comalies
Karmacode

Nightwish
Wishmaster
Century Child
Once
Dark Passion Play

Pagan’s Mind
Enigmatic Mission

Porcupine Tree
Stupid Dream
In Absentia
Deadwing
Fear of a Blank Planet

Portal
Element

Redemption
The Fullness of Time
Origins of Ruin

Riverside
Out of Myself
Voices in My Head (EP)
Second Life Syndrome
Rapid-Eye Movement

Shadow Gallery
Tyranny
Legacy
Room V

Therion
Gothic Kaballah

Vanden Plas
Colour Temple / AcCult
The God Thing
Far Off Grace
Spirit of Live (live album)
Beyond Daylight
Christ 0 (favourite album ever!)

In this list you’ll find no death metal and very few harsh vocals at all. It’s mostly progressive, atmospheric and unique music.

So… yeah.

I have increased my music library since the last time I posted. Here are the bands I listen to now:

-Weezer
-Sum 41
-Sugarcult
-Hellogoodbye
-The All-American Rejects
-Plain White T’s
-Blink-182
-The Fratellis
-American Hi-Fi
-tobyMac
-Cute is What We Aim For
-Hawk Nelson
-Relient K
-Simple Plan

Some great stuff i listen to

Rolling stones
john lennon
bob dylan
System of a down
sublime
nofx

Okay, so I’ve rediscovered the song Tarzan Boy by Baltimora recently, and I was wondering who else agrees with me that this is the BEST SONG EVER. Ever since hearing it on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III movie when I was little, I’ve had this crazy sense of nostalgia hearing it now.

Here’s a link to the youtube video, it’s a very bad video, but just watch for the song.

Tarzan Boy

Best chorus ever. Period.
( the tarzan call i mean )

youtube.com/watch?v=7QtCQiS_0aY

She picks up a damn nice beat at 00:39, drops it and picks it up a minute later.

Wow, nice instrument! The Japanese invented Techno!! laughs

Oi! punk and Irish folk punk :cool:

What bands and music styles do people here like?
I’m personally a rock guy. I’ll listen to just about any type of rock–classic, hard, metal, thrash, emo, punk, progressive, alternative…the works. My favorite style is progressive, and I’m starting a progressive rock band as soon as possible. My favorite band is Coheed and Cambria, they’re progressive rock. I also like Godsmack, My Chemical Romance, Nickelback, Ozzy Osbourne, Shadows Fall, Guns’n’Roses…it varies :wink:
What are the favorites of some other people? Favorite songs?

EDIT: this is from an old post so that’s why it doesn’t make sense :wink:

Im the same, but prefer metal,heavy metasl ect, my fave bands are, Guns’N’roses, Aerosmith, Metallica, Dragonforce, Poison