Transforming in LDs

Moved to Adventures ~Q~

Hey guys! I’ve been getting very excited cus now im getting LDs way more often than before, even though they dont last a lot, I’m happy with my results. However, the only thing I’ve been wanting to do since I started having LDs, is to tranform into a dragon. U see, I love dragons, and I would like to see how it feels to be one. In my LDs I always remember to do it ASAP, but I just cant get it to work. I imagine the size, shape, everything of the dragon I want to transform into, and then I imagine myself transforming into it as hard as I can, but it just doesn’t happen :sad:

I’ve tried various techs, including one i came up with in where i imagine myself, with an arrow to my right, pointing at the dragon I want to be, but it doesnt work. Basically, transforming doesnt work at all, ive also tried transforming into a wolf.

How can I achieve transformation?

It all takes time and practice. I have no experience however, but maybe you just need to believe more that you can do it. And that you might be trying too hard, maybe you should try doing something else for a change.

Hey UCM_AXEL_ :smile:

Believe it or not, transformations are as easy as walking in a lucid dream. The only reason why you’re having difficulty is because somehow somewhere in your mind, you think the transformation itself is either extremely hard, or just plain impossible. In addition to training yourself to let go of the real world rules (physics, law, etc…) while in a lucid dream, try the following:

When lucid, look around for (or spawn) something you can eat/swallow/drink. For this example, we’ll say you spawned pills. So, you have a box of pills in your hand that reads “Insta-Transformation: Become a Dragon!” Open the box, take out a pill, and confirm to yourself that once you swallow that pill, you will instantly transform into a dragon. Take the pill, stick it in your mouth, and swallow! Instantly, as the box promised, you’ll become a dragon, free to fly around and burn the hell out of anything you see with your fire breath.

Try it and let me know if it works. If not, I have plenty other ways to go about it!

Wow thats actually a great idea (that sounds funny also). I’ll try it and post my results as soon as I have my next LD!

It didnt work :cry:

When I gained lucidity, I used it for staying in the dream and it worked and stuff. I actually used it for a ton of things, like getting more vividness out of the dream, and all of them work, except the transforming one :cry:

I have also to suggest something :smile:

Imagine that you are a kind of bio-transformer. Go to a place where far far bellow is a sea of fire. Fall into. As you are falling, try to think that your only chance to survive is to become a dragon and fly away…
When you are in the middle, say loudly “I am transformed!!!” and try to make moves as a transformer would do if he wanted to be transformerd from robot-mode to airplane-mode.

What’s this for inspiration :smile: youtube.com/watch?v=IyJD2PL6408

My best advise is to not try so hard, but let it go naturally in a way. :grin:
The problem could be that you are more wanting to transform then actually believing that you will. (This have wrecked my transformations many times…)

Try to more believe that you are a dragon (or whatever you want to transform to) instead of imagining that you are one. (Sorry if this sounded cheesy.)

With just a little time and practice I’m sure it will work.

I tried that once: died :tongue:

try screaming TROGDOR!!! off the top of your lungs, maybe? :tongue:

seriously though. if i were to give advice in a single sentence, it would be something like this: wanting and expecting are two different things.

i’m sure i don’t have to go to great lengths to explain that. just take a couple minutes and think it through yourself. even if it doesnt work, it’s still something you should ponder for a while. surprisingly useful, that thought.

Why not you don’t push yourself too hard and not to think about transforming to be a dragon.Try and do some other things,then you can try to do transforming into a dragon again.
Because most of the things that you are too desperate for it.It just won’t happens.

Thought this was the best topic to post this in :grin:

I am reading “Earth, Air, Fire and Custard” by Tom Holt and came across a good way to transform yourself in a LD. You basically mould yourself like putty with your hands.

It could be used to change into an animal too :smile:

I’ve tried spawning things, like apples. But always fail
So I would think transforming would be harder,For me atleast, since I can’t close my eyes in dreams or I will wake up. :grrr:

I’ve never transformed before. But would it help to try something smaller? or a bit at a time. Look at your hand and try to make it change (into a dragon paw or wing, maybe). Only the hand. It might help. :wink:

I use a mirror, works every time for me for some reason, all of my lucid dreams I have ever had are at my house, so I find any mirror imagine what I want to become, and jump through as if when I come out the other side I will be what I imagined. Its like a magic wand if you will. Give it a try, I know how frustrating it can be and its hard just to imagine that you are and have it work.

Yeah being a dragon would be super cool…

"Trogdor was a man
I mean, he was a dragon man
Or maybe he was just a dragon

But he was still TROGDOR!
TROGDOR!

Burninating the countryside,
Burninating the peasants
Burninating all the peoples
And their thatched-roof COTTAGES!"

wow that’s that a great idea :happy:

PILL ADDICT :eek: lol just kidding.

but those things that you used the pill for are some realy good ideas :happy:

i never would have thought of using a pill to gain vividness! good job :yay:

When I transform myself successfully… it’s usually when I remember NOT to close my eyes, doing that seems to make me lose lucidity or change the dream scene. I don’t recommend keeping your eyes closed when you try to transform. You can still transform with your eyes open, in fact it’s the only way I can myself :lol:
And for your spawning problem… try plucking it out of thin air, if it doesn’t work one way, improvise!

Even if you know the size and shape whatever, you still need to imagine what it would feel like too, if you don’t it might be a little harder, but if you do it should be one of the easiest things. If you still have trouble though, take a transformation pill or find Merlin or some crazed Black Witch, mad scientists, a magic stone. Enter a world where there are no humans so your forced to be a dragon. Zap yourself with a TF gun set to “Dragon” (or whatever you want to be, for the other people reading this… this is an old topic…)

My friend tried transforming into a dragon also in one of his lucid dreams : D.
He went onto a " Dream Computer " and looked up Dragons, then he jumped through the computer ; ).

NO
do NOT do this!
NEVER believe it is harder than something else!
all you are doing is putting up walls and barriers to get to that point!!!
what you must do, is believe that it is EASY to turn into a dragon, or do it harry potter style! “make” a potion labled “dragon” then drink it while believing that by drinking this, you will turn into a dragon!
if this doesent work, than maybe you should simply conjure up a “transforming box” or “room” where theres a small computer outside of this tube looking thing, and type in this “dragon”
then, walk into the canister, and imagine the doors closing behing you, and do NOT close your eyes, believing that when you hear the doors open once more, you will be a dragon!, then look at your hands, and look behind you to see 2 gigantic green wings behind you. im personally going to try this when i wake up at 4:30 to do an O.B.E., sooo if i get in,(wich i might do to a site i went to that explains and helps alot wich allowed me to have 3 O.B.E.'s already), than it should work!
see ya in the mornin! :thumbs:

I GOTTA TRY THIS!

What I do is as I’m trying to do something like transforming I say out loud “This is a dream. I control the dream.”