Impatient Noob

So i’ve only really been trying to LD for like…24 hours haha

Any of you other fellow noobs feel like you always wanna fast forward to tonight to try again?

Had my first attempt at it last night i’m trying the VILD tech. just cause it really appeals to me no other reason.
So last night i had a go at it but i think i was too tired, been working for like 7 days solid :neutral: so as i started to drift got to the tingling numb stage but then lost it as i could only focus on the physical feeling. :woo:
So i ended up just falling asleep and having a normal blurry dream i can’t really remember, guess i’ll need to practice my recall a lot more :spinning:

Anyway i felt i made some kinda progress so i’ll give it another shot tonight and im gonna try pick up a wee notepad and an unusal pen for a journal today…then try not to burn myself out so i don’t just KO tonight again haha!

WBTB makes you happy … XD
welcome Iruzmi :wave: well im not really a noob but im too dissapointed if i dont manage to LD
greets
sakoda , forums harlequin

Thanks Sakoda, i’l probably end up trying different techs but they’re limited as i work a weird “continental” as they call it, shift pattern.
But here’s hoping i’ll be able to start achieving some kinda control with practice, my normal dreams just now are usually quite linear, though sometimes i have slight control of actions!

ah i remember my first time trying to LD. back in march i spent so much time researching i didn’t have enough time to LD! just take your time though, imagine what you could do once lucid. also, say that you ARE a lucid dreamer even if you’ve never had an LD before, and just research a lot. dont forget to work on your DJ and DR to help imporve recall for that glorious day you finally do have a lucid dream.

also, try drinking lots of caffeiene. that’ll help you.

Assumming you are still able to get to sleep :wink:

Impatientiance helps.

(I’ll leave that to you to figure out whether or not that is sarcasm)

…Seriously, I would try MILD as described here, plus doing RCs throughout the day and saying “I will have a lucid dream tonight” throughout the day to yourself. That is my most succesful method.

I tried doing a bit of MILD stuff before i went to sleep last night then tried to WILD go get away but i’d had too busy a day yesterday and just fell asleep lol
But i started the first page of a DJ this morning so i’ll keep at it an see how i go.