EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 132
2020 Vision

What is your easiest/best way to get an LD?

Author  Message 
Kandri
Lucid Student
Lucid Initiate

What is your easiest/best way to get an LD?
PostPosted: Tue 23 Oct, 2007  Reply with quote

I just want to know, what is the easiest, or best technique or method you use to get lucid dreams? WILD? or WBTB? Perhaps MILD? Or maybe you use lucid foods, such as chocolate?

Please give your advice in this topic. smile I am willing to try almost anything to get a LD, and I'm sure many others are willing as well.

Bones
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer
Bones has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

WBTB combined with your method of choice is the best way in my opinion.
I think MILD is a good way to do it, maybe adding a little FILD.

Kandri
Lucid Student
Lucid Initiate

I would love to do the WBTB method, because I had a lucid dream a few times without even intending to have one. Bad thing is that I'm a deep sleeper and it's very difficult to wake up early. Is there any other method I'm able to take that doesn't involve that method? neutral

altheman9993
Is this a dream?
Astral Explorer
altheman9993 has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

You good at waking up in the morning, Then falling back to sleep?

Good time to try MILD maybe.

Current LD goal(s): Short term goal: Practise WILD. Long term goal: Achieve lucidity at will.
Basilus West
Cat of Ulthar
LD4all addict
LD count: 199

As for me, it was autosuggestion (quite MILD indeed) plus WBTB plus RC's. WILD generally give bad results, unless you can fall asleep fast and often have HH naturally.

altheman9993
Is this a dream?
Astral Explorer

Basilus, When you did MILD. could you explain how it worked, did the intention to remember you're dreaming just pass on into the dream (from WBTB)?

Current LD goal(s): Short term goal: Practise WILD. Long term goal: Achieve lucidity at will.
Basilus West
Cat of Ulthar
LD4all addict
LD count: 199

altheman9993, I said MILD to simplify yet I did autosuggestion (BTW, it's often called MILD on the forum. Now MILD is a bit more complicated, as for me I was just repeating a sentence).

Autosuggestion (or MILD) works well when you're in a very relaxed state, quite like you were just on the verge to fall asleep. WBTB is interesting for that cause you're generally in a rather relaxed and calm state, so it's useful. As you say, the intention passes into the dream. You have to formulate the sentence in a simple way, so that your SC (or what you want) will easily understand and accept it. You have also to feel calm and completely confident in the result. Just as an example, here are two sentences I've been using: "Tonight, I'll realize I'm dreaming" (direct suggestion) or more recently "It's very easy to realize I'm dreaming" (indirect suggestion). This can lead to prelucid dreams with obvious dreamsigns, or to the spontaneous realization that I'm dreaming. RC's were useful cause they enhance lucidity, once you're prelucid or low lucid.

I hope I answered your question. smile

Irezumi
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

I like the indirect suggestion idea basilus i think i'll give that a try thanks for explaining so well

The Kroc
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Yeah, I like the indirect suggestion idea. I've known about LDs for a year but still haven't had one. But I haven't lost hope. ^^
Then again, I'm not using my Dream Journal as much as I used to...

EyaknaD
Illuminati Buster
Somniologist
LD count: 7.5

My success comes mainly from WILD + Counting. No WBTB necessary.

LucidEpiphany
Complacency
Astral Explorer
LD count: 7,777

PostPosted: Wed 24 Oct, 2007  Reply with quote

hardly anyone mentioned WILD. WILD FTW for me. its really easy, may just not work for most.

jojoreality
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 12

kiekeboe I find that doing RC's all day long is a great way to start out. Just test yourself all day to see if you are dreaming (at least 15 times or so). Look at your hands and ask yourself "am I dreaming?" Or you can pinch your nose and try to breathe, if you can still breathe you know you're dreaming. And try to look at a clock or a written word, read it, then look away, when you look back if it's changed you know you're in a dream (if the clock jumps ahead like ten minutes in the span of two seconds, pretty obvious huh?) combining RC with MILD is probably the surest way to success in the beginning. You should also start a dream journal, so that you can remember whether you're having LD's or not.

Good luck on your quest for LD's!

Graech
Philosophic Dreamer
Somniologist
Scribes

I don't know. But apparently I did two nights ago.

Two nights ago I woke up from a lucid dream (at least I'm pretty sure that I did because I was in the same place that I went to sleep). I thought "aww... that was a good dream, I really want another one!" Then I thought, "well it will be easy to get another one!" Somehow, I knew the secret of LDing. I'm fairly sure that all I did was intensely visualize were I wanted to be and there I was, though as I said, I could have already been dreaming.

To talk about normally how I get an LD, I usually get it in my dream. I just suddenly think: Wow! I'm dreaming!

kTFox has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

I'm surprised no one has mentioned HILD/FILD. It is supposed to be used when you are really tired and it usually works on the first try.

altheman9993
Is this a dream?
Astral Explorer

Rememberd three dreams this morning, Only just started to recall my dreams a few days ago. On one ocassion, I was nearly lucid. (Autosuggestion i did before going to sleep, I said, I will have a lucid dream). I was with my family, I was talking to my dad, he suddenly asked me about lucid dreaming. Asking me what it is ect. Didn't check if it was a dream. But autosuggestion just takes what you say and puts it in the dream in anyway possible.

print