Since I've been studying LD...

Hi everybody. I’ve been studying LD for a couple of week now. Something weird happened to me: I stopped having those complex dreams I had before reading a lot of stuff about LD. Before I knew about LD I dreamt about people, things, houses, situations and so on. Bizarre stuff, but at least there was something to write about (I always write down interesting dreams). Now it seems my mind doesn’t want me to try and have a LD and it gives me nothing but splinters and fragments,little images, nothing like the long dreams I had before. In my dream jurnal I just keep writing these incredibly short sentences: “I just remember this.” Full stop. I heard that a good method to have LD is to think about it, to really wish to have one. It seems this method doesn’t work for me at all. Don’t know what to do. Please, help me. All advices are welcome.
P.S. I’m Italian, sorry for English mistakes :grin:

:wave: hello silentgirl, welcome to LD4all
The recent poor recall could be due to the stress of trying to have a LD too much.
May be reading some of your old dreams will remind you how normal dreams are enjoyable too.
I’m sure you will soon get your good dreams back again … with the bonus of sometimes becoming lucid in them too :thumbs:

This is happening for me right now, but it’s a bit different.

Two months ago, I never really remembered many dreams. I started to get into LDs and started writing down all my dreams. I REALLY wanted to have an LD. The vividness of my dreams increased (and I remembered so many, up to four a night). Then, a while back, I had my first long and vivid LD (before that I had 5 that ended within 10 seconds). That was about two weeks ago. I haven’t had a vivid ND since then. I’ve even stopped being too obsessed with LDs.

For me it seems to work in reverse. The less obsessed (and thus more relaxed) I am about it, the less I dream lol. For many people it’s exactly the opposite. You might want to try not to focus on it too much, just adapt a “it will happen when it will happen” attitude and your dreams will likely come back.

Meanwhile, I need to learn how to be obsessed with LDing like I was before lol.

Just a little advice here, take it as you will :smile:

Try reading other people’s DJ. See the cool things they have done.

Good luck :thumbs:

Oh, I have a VERY vivid imagination and plenty of ideas about things to do in Lucid Dreams, especially since I got to do only a fraction of everything during my first :stuck_out_tongue:
Even if I’d have 4 long and vivid LDs every single night from now on, by the time I was 80 years old, I’d still have stuff to do, hahaha!

Since you have been only doing LDing for a couple weeks, stop trying to LD ANYTHING and just concentrate on dream recal for maybe a week. When you think you have a sufficent amount of dream recall per night (about 2 or 3 dreams is enough, or 1 really long one) then start going your technique. There is this really cool topic about what technique is right for you; check it out.
Everyone has their dips-just don’t get stressed about it. About a week ago I only remember small fragments for about 2 nights in a row. But I didn’t berate myself; and after looking into what could be the problem (waking up by the loud alarm, had a deadline for something,) I just let it breeze by me, and I dreamt about Halloween and being a rebel kid last night in good detail :crazy: