What huge dreamsign have you missed lately Part IV

A couple of nights ago, i was offered a ride around school corridors on an elephant.

starflightdream, that is one of my dreamsigns too!

Last week I had a hilariously boring dream where I was browsing another forum I frequent. Someone had posted a topic about a weird dream he had, but I skipped over it and started reading another topic instead. How’d I miss that one?

There were giant birds in one of my NDs, one ate sakoda…

Bill O’rieley was my housekeeper. :help:

I found Dr Pepper hats in a sunken ship and the hats weren’t soaked!

I haven’t posted in this topic in a while. I guess it’s because I’ve been catching all my dream signs.
Well, I was bond to miss one sooner or later.

Last night I had a dream TRJR was trying to contact me and get me lucid. Then I heard the voice of my SG saying, “So damn stubborn.”
Yeah, I guess so. :tongue:

Oh well. That won’t be happening again anytime soon.

Okay i just missed the most OBVIOUS dream sign EVER.
A DC came up to me and went: “you know this is a dream, right?”
me: “dont be ridiculous, this cannot POSSIBLY be a dream, i can assure you.”
:ding: :dingding: :cry:

I came into my room, it was dark, so I wanted to switch on the light - which did not work!

Then I spent the rest of the dream changing the lightbulbs… :grrr:

… while wondering what the odds are, that all 3 lightbulbs burn out at once… :grrr:

… and without paying any attention to the fact that it was light as day so I could change the lightbulbs easily - while it had bee dark as night a moment ago… :grrr:

And I did not even for one second think, that I could be dreaming!! :cry:

It seems like dream signs are things you watch for to realize you are in a dream, however it’s often these very things which I enjoy the most about dreaming.

Kayaking up a set of rapids, against the current.

Last night one of my friends was in my dream and he was wearing an LD t-shirt. On the top portion it says www.ld4all.com and it had the logo on the bottom part. I was wondering where he got it from.

I was butt-naked (once again) and didint care to do a reality check because people were staring at me and it was the most embarrasing naked dream that i remember :rofl:, also a recurring DC that i know in real life was the one who caught me naked.

Malfunctioning equipment :cry:

Every dream I have is full of stuff not working correctly. Last night in my dream I was involved in numerous firefights and my freaking gun kept jamming…it should have been a pretty obvious sign :tongue:

Oh I have to go with that last one, guns often jam on me in dreams or require almost inhuman strength to fire. But I had a really obvious DS last night that I just can’t forgive myself for ignoring.

Sure I don’t LD hunt like I used to, if they happen they happen, but a talking whale… I mean Come on!

/me slaps self.

One of my non lucids from the other night had to take the cake on this situation

I am a passanger in my car, we are driving through a car park, and i watch as the road turns to water, you know that haze when its really hot and your driving at a distance, well it was that at first then it was rivers of water, then it was moving ocean of light colored water.

I looked at the car driving ontop of the water and said to my self

“hmmm that looks like water that i have seen in my dreams i better do a reality check” so as if that wasnt a DS enough i did a test, i looked at the clock and it changed as it should and i completly ignored it.

I even felt my behind voice say something along the lines of “you bloodly idiot!”

ah well cant win em all. I did go lucid in the dream later btw :wink: but only breifly i lost it

Isn’t it incredibly annoying when you’ve been trying to have a lucid dream for ages, and one day you wake up and realize that you missed an obvious dreamsign, or passed up an opportunity to become lucid? It’s happened to me a frustratingly large number of times. Please post about the times it has happened to you.

(Note: I saw this topic on another lucid dreaming forum and the replies were hilarious, so I thought I’d post it here on LD4all.)

I’ll start: Once in a dream I was in my house, except it was different, there was this huge, wide hallway at the back, and I was standing in it. I was thinking, “actually, my house is really pretty big, I wonder why I always think it’s small?” Then I had a vision of what my house really looks like, and I’m like “oh yeah, this isn’t what my house looks like in real life.” And I didn’t become lucid… :ack:

Merged into existing topic :ysim:

At one point I was flying a remote control Cadillac around a grocery store with a laundry detergent scoop whilst trying to steal bottles of liquor from the liquor isle, and I said to myself;
“Wow. This dream sure is realistic.”
Didn’t become lucid. :lol:

Since I am currently enrolled in school, weekends are usually the only time I can get in enough sleep for a decent WBTB. However, the computer, friends, and other things always end up sucking my time away from me, 'til I discover it’s 2 or 3 AM already, the time I planned to WBTB in the first place. I usually end up just wanting to go to sleep, so I don’t even bother trying other methods at such a late/early hour. I always get really mad at myself when I wake up in the morning. :ohno:

I’ve had too many lol…
Examples:

*I became frustrated because I couldn’t type my e-mail password correctly, I looked down at the keyboard and the letters were all over the place. I just proceeded into typing my password with one finger as I spotted the letters.
*I was in class and there was a clock that covered most of the wall, and I didn’t bother looking at it once.
*I have a habit of freezing my dreams and rewinding them, I suppose this is some sort of lucidity, but I never realize it.

and other stuff like that.

I had a dream last night where I remember I just stopped in the middle of the road and Christopher Mast (youtuber that I’m subscribed to) was on his bicycle and we just talked for a bit. Should’ve done a RC

Low gravity, my biggest and most common dreamsign (I never have a dream without lower gravity) and yet I never recognize it anymore, it used to get me Lucid all the time, that and the dream-feel I have, my dreams feel kind of like I’m floating in a semi-thick soup, which is probably the cause of the low gravity too, but along with that I have bareley any feeling in my dreams, it’s an odd sensation “feeling” the dream when you have little feeling inside your dream.

But yeah, those were the two biggest things that used to get me lucid, and now… :dingding: