Found a way to stay aware longer in LDs

Had my best LD yet yesterday, finally more than a couple of seconds :smile:. I used a different technique to try and stay lucid. After the nose RC, I kept my nose plugged and breathed at a steady pace, almost as I would in RL. It was plugged and I was still able to breath. I focused on the feeling every know and then, and it kept me from fading out at one time.

I am not sure if this technique is old or not, but it helped me out. I have been trying LD for about a month, and this LD was 1 or 2 minutes long - not to long, but still a nice jump from my usual 10 - 15 seconds.

Congratulations on a longer LD :razz: I’ll try this as well on my next LD since they are usually also only a couple of seconds long :wink:

Instead of occupying one hand during your LD by plugging your dream nose, you can just make sure to take deep breaths through your nose whenever you feel you may be losing lucidity.

It’s a dream. Create an extra hand!

Congratulations! That’s an effective technique. I already knew about the pinching nose one of course. :razz:

Haha yeah, I guess so eh. Looks like I’m losing my edge from being busy with school… >.<

Yeah Kt4all, it is old, but effective. Don’t act so snooty >.>

And congrats!! :happy: It’s great that you found that one on your own.

Sos

Oh yeah, that’s a good technique! :smile: I should try this. I stayed lucid for quite a while in my first WILD LD because I kept breathing through my nose from timet o time, reminding myself that I’m dreaming. That was the first time I used the Nose RC, and I was rather surprised it worked, so I kept breathing through my nose to make sure it worked. So I’m positive that if you keep breathing like that, then you will stay lucid.

thanks for the advise, il try this when i get my first LD

yea i heard almost any reality check can help prolong lucid dreams like continously staring at your “distorted” hands or closing one eye to see your nose and keep that eye closed.

congratz