OMG.. I just had a stroke of genius!

I have been solving a lot of internal thought problems lately which has been resulting in a fighting/killing/murdering dream every night. I have been solving these problems in the form of freewriting which is where you think of an area in your life that you are unsatisfied with, then write everything you can about it non-stop just writing everything that comes to mind. Then you look for repetitions and try to analyze the theme and general problem and work out your own solution. It works really well for me… and i just finished solving another problem and then I thought “hmm i wonder if i will have another fighting/killing/murdering dream tonight” Those are all symbolic of internal struggle by the way. Which led me to this stroke of genius…

Another way to become lucid for beginners and basically a way to predict what type of dream you will have! If you learn the major symbolic interpretations, then at the end of your day think about what the most pressing thought is at the moment, and what it is about that thought you are worried about… then you just cross-reference it with the interpretations and you will know what symbol to look out for… what type of thing is likely to happen in your dream that night!

that is a great idea…
i use dream interpretation a lot so this could possibly help.

I often tell myself “Tonight I will most probably dream of X and Y…” but it is almost never true. What can be done, I think, Is to RC whenever you have a deja-vu. Whenever you feel even the tiniest feeling that you have seen this, you should make an RC. For instance, if you are playing monopole, and your friend takes the red character, and yesterday you played a different game and a different friend took the red character, make an RC.

In simple words: Whenever you can connect two situations, even by the weakest connection, check your reality.

It’s a good idea. Ofcourse I don’t have confidence in dream symbolism as such. I read I think in ‘creative dreaming’ that the symbolism changes in people based on what they believe about dream symbolism. that people who read freud had freudian dreams, and those who read jung had jungian dreams. None the less, this method can work. You just have to figure out how your dreams will be affected, by the day’s events.

hmm… i actually did have another fighting dream last night and I knew that would happen but i didn’t become lucid in it! so it seems that even if you can predict what dream you will have… that isn’t enough to make you lucid. I think the lucidity part stems from general conscious awareness… that creative spark of intelligence that says “where am i? what is this?” and “what if?”. I find that if my awareness is placed mostly on my self and whats going on inside me most of the time then its harder to become lucid… but if my lucidity is placed on my external environment most of the day then its much easier to become lucid. Thats why i think the best techniques are tibetan dream yoga and lucid living.

Well it makes sense, if your mindset is to not observe the outside, you won’t realise that you’re dreaming what you were supposed to. But if you revise the method a little. You visualise, as you go to bed, the upcoming dream. This serves as dream incubation too I guess. Combine it with MILD and you have a solid method.
The problem for me is I just don’t believe that I can predict my dreams.
Today I dreamed of shaving my head, because my brother is supposed to bring his trimmer today. Sort of a preparation dream. It’s not a pressing matter, couldn’t predict it.

Thats funny, this just kind of happpened to me.

I had to do a presentation in class and i was obviously kind of worried about it. Sure thing, the night before i had a dream in which i slept in and was late for my presentation… if i would have predicted this obvious dream, i could have become lucid instead of just being worried.

Predict your dreams?? Should be easy…

It’s easy to say: I will have and when i do, i will become lucid. But when your actually dreaming, it’s totally different.

I tried that, i said " whenever i have , a general dream like swimming or sports, i will notice and become lucid but it just doesn’t work
(for me) hehe

Hey, I’ve fighting/killing/murdering dreams often, but never thought this as a reflect of a problem. This topic gave me a great idea, maybe they might tell me something funny.
I’ll try to answer if I succeed. :wink: Thanks for the tip.

Yes, I believe your right because this is what I have found too. I am able to predict what kind of dreams I will have… but because I only know what type (symbolically), it doesn’t mean I know exactly where they will take place or how, or what exactly will occur/transpire. And as someone pointed out before, I think even if you did know all that… you still wouldn’t become lucid because lucidity comes from a high awareness of the outside world - paying close attention to your surroundings, environment and whats going on around you.

But it still is pretty cool to be able to say “i know what kind of dream i will have tonight”