Distinctive paranormal knocking in real life.

I’m not sure how relevant this is to this forum, but I would like to enquire as to wether anyone here ever hears a very distinctive knock on their door, when there is nobody there. I have on several occasion heard a knock that goes 1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4-5, very clearly and evenly, and this has occurred sometimes to wake me, if I’ve overslept and need to get up, and another time I can remember, I was in the bathroom, about to go out on a date, and the first thing that came into my head after recognising the knock was “go a different route”, so I didn’t take the route I had planned, believing that some misfortune might await me there. I soon remembered something my old Polish grandmother told me. We were in Poland, and she told me that she had heard her father (long dead) knock on her door the previous night, and was wandering what was wrong, or what would happen, and she explained that she hears it occasionally as a warning or prompt, and recognises it as her father’s distinctive knock. His isn’t my knock. I don’t don’t know who’s knock mine is, and I’m not even sure it’s really happened. I asked around the family, but no one knows of anyone who had a knock like the one I hear. Has anyone out there had a similar experience?

I haven’t, but I do find that interesting.

Banging isn’t new to me, though I’ve only experienced bangs of objects in an adjacent room in school.

The knocking on the door thing is something I have heard of before though, usually a warning sign as you mentioned. It would be something that if it happened to me, I would take note of.

It only exists if you think it does… and i mean that quite literally for if you were unable to think then you wouldn’t know it’s there, and the mind has a tendency to play tricks on itself.

That is strange, I’ve experienced something vaguely similar, sometimes whilst I’m lying in bed I can hear a repetitive tapping on the wooden headboard, I don’t know what it is, and it only happens some nights.

In one of my more superstitious moments I tapped back and it just stopped. No Idea what causes it or what significance if any it has.

Maybe there’s just a really big spider crawling around on the back of it, a spider with heavy boots on!

Things that go bump in the night… lol :razz:

I hear noises too like creaks and knocks, but I think that just happens sometimes with structures regardless of how well they are built. Theres also the possibility of leaking/vibrating waterpipes, birds on the roof/antenna, tree’s, leave’s and of course… the wind.

i’d say , dont do anything and and look if it goes away (i personally stay AWAY from such things:P)
hey … Post Nr .380

Well, if you DO believe in ghosts of paranormal beings… I’d take that as a warning. Someone’s helping you :smile: It’d be good to know more about it, but really, don’t go crazy over it. Go on with the flow. If you’ve got a guardian, thank him/her, pray, whatever :happy: Maybe changing your route did save your life or help you. Waking you on time seems smaller, but who knows, it might have been important somehow.

you know its actually good to do the opposite.

our minds have a tendancy to not confront problems, and when they resurface we hide from them, but if you purposely put your awareness on the problem and investigate and analyze it, then you can solve it. And in some cases simply putting your awareness on the problem instead of hiding from it or burying it all the time, will be enough to make it go away.

nah , i mean stay away , because you can’t 100% know if the spiritual power is really a good one , thats why … i hope you got my point now :smile:
greets, sakoda

Thanks for all the replies. It’s good to know that someone else has heard of this sort of thing, it reassures me I’ve not lost my marbles. It’s not something I worry about or think about much, but I find it really interesting that it happens. I’m absolutely certain that whatever is behind it means me well. One thing that I forgot to mention, is that it wouldn’t have been any of my housemates; firstly I would have heard them walking, and secondly, they’re all music students like me, so all their knocks are usually fancy drum fills.

you know, reading this, i feel it might actually be one of your spirit guides trying to contact you, i mean, usually audible contact is usually only established after having practiced, but theoretically it’s possible, though it’s also weird that you hear the knocking, and that the SG isn’t trying to talk to you… anyway, let me know what you think about that theory

maybe we all have XD