2012 the end.

I think the reason the calender stops there went something like this:

Mayan calender guy #1:

Mayan calender guy #2: My god(s), this calender is getting too confusing!

Mayan calender guy #1: You’re right, what should we do?

Mayan calender guy #2: I know! 2012 is, like, 500 years from now, right?

Mayan calender guy#1: Yeah…

Mayan calender guy #2: Well, we just say that some cataclysmic event will happen that will destroy the world! Then we don’t have to do anymore work!

Mayan calender guy #1: Good idea!

And so the world is in panic now. :smile:

haha i like that equation

bunch of mumble jumble

The Mayan Calendar does indeed end on December 12, 2012. Also from what we deciphered it indeed seems that that is when they thought the world would end. The reason they thought this is that they calculated the position the planets would be on that day and realized the planets will be aligned in the sky. They took that as a sign that their gods would come to destroy them. Modern science has proven that the planets will be aligned in the sky at that time. Also many of the Text of the Maya we still have, mention phrophicies and the Astrological text they made have to this date not been wrong. So therefore people have blown this out of proportion saying that the Mayans have never been wrong before and that 12/12/2012 is the day we all die. However, unless the Mayan Gods were actually Aliens from another planet and said that they would return to destroy everything the world when the planets aligned in the sky, this is unlikely.

Just my 2 cents

Maybe we are just an experement by the aliens and that the Mayans somehow realized it when they came to check on us. :peek:

:nuu: :nuu: :nuu: I don’t want aliens to take over this world that they might have created! We will fight back!!! Mayans might have been aliens :wow:

Oh well, only time :clock: will tell. :twirl:

Due to my faith, I believe this is the biggest crap I’ve ever heard, but that’s just me. :content:

I just won’t let it worry me. In fact, I’ll be laughing when it happens some obscure date before then. XD Because seriously, if we worry about it, and it does happen, it’s just been a waste of our lives, anyway. Why worry about the future when you can have fun and no regrets on our last day, no matter when that is?

Does this mean I shouldn’t have applied for my new job? Maybe those who speak of 2012 are aliens… Or maybe I am… normally I keep saying “when my people will come…”

lol that last sentence suits your icon

We do not know for sure what will happen on December 12, 2012 but we do know that the planets will be aligned. Don’t worry about it and work work work.

Can I just ask what it is that you mean when you say that the planets will be aligned? Because astronomically speaking they won’t, not even close. So I can only assume that this is some obscure astrological meaning of the phrase “planetary alignment”.

Actually, I don’t know what I’m saying. I don’t know if they’re going to be or not…GOOGLE TIME! :grin:

lol.

I checked it out, nearest actual planetary alignment is going to be december 24th 2011. So it’s a year early, but as I said, that’s astronomically speaking, I don’t now much about astrology but I think that astrological meaning of planetary alignment is different, having more to do with the planets energies than with their relative positions in the solar system.

I’m guessing that means they will all be in a straight line…or something :confused:
There have been tons of doomsday predictions in the past (1912, 1948, etc) so I’m not really worried about this.

Yeah I was wondering if the planets are going to be in a strait line on that date too… Mathematically it is possible.

I fed the date into the solar system map on astroviewer, no alignment there I’m afraid, no where near. It took me a while to reply because I was checking my night sky map for this region tonight, and Mars and Saturn should be visible, I went out back, spotted Mars, couldn’t find Saturn, got cold, came back in.

But yeah, no planetary alignment in 2012

astroviewer.com/interactive- … ky-map.php

And anyway pluto’s not even a planet any more now… Take this you mayan calendar writing guys! We changed the future! And in a totally random way…

When my people will come you’ll see mwahahahaha :welcome:

:nuu: :nuu: :nuu: I don’t want you ppl to come here! … Wait aren’t you here already since you have one of your guy’s alien in this guys body on this earth?

It could allso be the next “War of the worlds” Where everyone freaks out for no reason. History does repeat itself. This could be our generations turn.

I have a new theory… the mayan civilization dissapeared right? So wouldn’t the calender stop adding new dates when they fell out…who’s to say they weren’t just on that date of the calender when they disappeared?

i say you should just live life. Be happy and and have fun. Whatever happens, happens. Don’t worry. LIVE LIFE! We all have so much time ahead of us. Make that time worth living. Overall, JUST LIVE LIFE!!! :grin: :grin:

And lucid dream :content:
Some people are just like that, worrying about the future and stuff. I guess I’m one of those people or I just wonder about it a lot not really worrying though.