One Superpower?

If you could have any single superpower or set of superpowers, what would they be? I’m going to do something obvious and ban people from saying Omnipotence or the like. You can be really, really powerful, but you can’t give yourself power that absolute. Omniscience and Omnipresence is fine.

For me, I’d be an Omnimorph (with the proper saftey nets I.E. no killing myself with impossible forms, always becoming the exact way I wanted, being able to return to my own form). The ability to transform into anything I wanted would be just awesome, and I’d be almost invulnerable, assuming I didn’t get my brain destroyed. Even balancing out chemical levels in my body would be cool for, say, going to sleep whenever I wanted.

I like the prefix Omni.

Good choice of power! :grin: (And yes, the prefix “Omni” is teh shiz, :tongue: ) I’d probably have to go with Telekinesis. If I can’t have that, then Hydrokinesis or flying.

EDIT: SET of superpowers? In that case, Telekinesis, flying, and Hydro or Terakinesis.

Oh, fun question!

Would reality warping in this sense be banned, also?

(Given it is - which is more likely the case - then I can still provide an answer, but with no promises held that it would remain the same a week or so from now…)

Other than reality warping - my obvious primary and only real choice, other than this special circumstance - well, last week it would have been teleportation. Now, however, I would absolutely enjoy super speed a la Quicksilver and Kid Flash. I gravitate toward superhuman abilities that seem limited, but harbor a lot of potential.

With super speed, I could definately see me pushing myself to reach increasingly faster speeds, eventually to the point of time travel. Invisibility whilst in motion, accelerated healing and phasing through solid matter (via vibrating my molecules) just being a few of the perks. Alongside a vast intellect because of an ability to process information faster than the fastest super computers. And, discovering how to jump mere seconds ahead in time, I could create an indefinite number of temporal duplicates for those times I want - or need - to be in multiple locations at once.

I’d probably become most impatient with the rest of the world, though.

Don’t mind me if I post a new choice a few days from now. :content:

My superpower would be flying at any speed. This means I could be anywhere in the world anytime I wish it.

Another great ability would be speed reading. Being able to read any book in the matter of seconds :smile: (And of course remembering all of it).

How about… Being able to grant any superpower, to anyone but yourself?

“What have you got me to my birthday?”
“Oh, nothing special. Just some telekinessis. I know how much time you wanted that for.”

:lol: hey , if you can move a teapot , why should you not be able to move the tea too ? so splitting this is not really usefull :razz:

Telekinesis would be kewl (also , i think i would be able to ignite thing too…)

Oh, and GEH i wanted to make this thread foe sooo long

the only power for me, the only power ever, would be the ability to transform at will

no question, no arguement. I would pick that faster then a “jackrabbit on a date” (as ralphie from “A Christmas Story” put it. awesome movie.)

That’s never been a hard question for me. If only for practicality purposes, it’s the most useful, because you can do so much with it. second most useful is telekinesis, and then flying

set of superpowers? why would i need more superpowers?

if i HAD to have a set, telekinesis. then maybe flyign if i REALLY want to.

Eh, I dispute that, Jolly - in that list, the sequence would probably be more like: telekinesis, shapeshifting and then flying. (Although, with true “comic-style” telekinesis, the addition of flying to this list is redundant.)

Telekinesis harbors within it the extremely powerful potential of mimicking reality warping in the sense that one might control individual atoms, at its most powerful, converting original molecular matter into a new object.

Actually, have a look…

yeah, i know flying is kinda redundant :wink:

on the subject of telekinesis, let’s talk in very simple terms here. like, jean grey, early xmen. Telekinesis is useful as hell in this state, but i think transforming would be still better due to all the subtle powers it can hold, for example, easy infiltration anywhere. That’s why mistique was such an annoying bitch in the xmen movies, because anyone could REALLY be mistique.

Also, commenting on different TYPES of transformations, i would have to clump all of them into one power :razz:

Okay… But tell me, how many people attempt - or even entertain the idea - of infiltrating places on a daily basis? (Besides you. :razz:)

And why speak in simple terms? Certainly if you had the super ability of telekinesis - or any superhuman ability, for that matter - you would want to know its full potential. And with its full potential - “psychogenesis”, to some extent - shapeshifting would seem easily feasible… So flying and shapeshifting are both redundant.

I do like the idea of omniform/omnimorphing, though.

What my only power would be able to stop time itself. The most effective power ever!

The sets of power would be Sublimation, Flying, Telekinesis, and many others

psycho GENESIS ??? you mean the abbility to create souls ? :lol:

Ooo interesting topic… I’d probably go for telepathic powers (all the set, like reading minds, moving stuff with my mind, controlling people, creating energy balls and the like :grin: ). Although elementalist would be awesome as well :cool:

Uh, sure… (I think we’re both thinking of two different definitions, though. I was referring to the “reality warping” definition. But creating souls is cool, too - I suppose.)

The ability to control time completely would defeat all others. Action requires duration(except for you of course). It would be awesome. Stuck in school falling asleep at your desk? Freeze time, go home and sleep for a few hours, then head back to class if you feel like it.
It would also give you the ability to remain out of trouble no matter what. You could get away with doing absolutely anything. The possibilities would be endless.

But you still can’t fly!
And, flying will give you similar powers. I’m sure that if you flew out of class in middle of it, no one will even think of stopping you :tongue:!

Sure, but if you simply freeze time, they will never know that you were out of class for 2 weeks, it’ll be instantaneous to everyone else. I can fly in my dreams, but freezing time would only be worth it in waking life.

Are you speaking about freezing an area, or the entire time?

Because when freezing the entire time, you can’t fly to hawai during class…

Funny, I asked some of my friends the same question a couple of days ago. :rofl:

For the set I would want the teleporting/time travel like Hiro in the Heroes tv series (Which is my FAVORITE show along with LOST which are sadly both ended but they both come back after new years!)

If i had one it would be a “new” type of shapeshifting. Because if I wanted to turn into anything wouldn;t it be cool to be able to change other things too? The ultimate shapeshifter. The cops are chasin me? Turn them into bananas! A drunk driver is on the road, turn him into a cautious driver. :smile: I would ruin and help the world at the same time.

And on Page 2 we’ve officially gone off topic. :content:

I guess chronokinesis (manipulation of time) would in essence trump most aforementioned super powers in this topic. And a loophole allows for one to mimic a limited form of super speed. (Although, you still can’t run across water or scale buildings…) :neutral: I’d still rather have super speed.

Twilight’s idea of granting super powers as a power is cool, too. You could grant someone the power to grant you super powers. :happy:

(My younger brother asked one of his friends - Buddha, his name happens to be - the same question. He said the best superhuman ability the power to throw Chinese people.) :confused: