One Superpower?

yeah, i know flying is kinda redundant :wink:

on the subject of telekinesis, let’s talk in very simple terms here. like, jean grey, early xmen. Telekinesis is useful as hell in this state, but i think transforming would be still better due to all the subtle powers it can hold, for example, easy infiltration anywhere. That’s why mistique was such an annoying bitch in the xmen movies, because anyone could REALLY be mistique.

Also, commenting on different TYPES of transformations, i would have to clump all of them into one power :razz:

Okay… But tell me, how many people attempt - or even entertain the idea - of infiltrating places on a daily basis? (Besides you. :razz:)

And why speak in simple terms? Certainly if you had the super ability of telekinesis - or any superhuman ability, for that matter - you would want to know its full potential. And with its full potential - “psychogenesis”, to some extent - shapeshifting would seem easily feasible… So flying and shapeshifting are both redundant.

I do like the idea of omniform/omnimorphing, though.

What my only power would be able to stop time itself. The most effective power ever!

The sets of power would be Sublimation, Flying, Telekinesis, and many others

psycho GENESIS ??? you mean the abbility to create souls ? :lol:

Ooo interesting topic… I’d probably go for telepathic powers (all the set, like reading minds, moving stuff with my mind, controlling people, creating energy balls and the like :grin: ). Although elementalist would be awesome as well :cool:

Uh, sure… (I think we’re both thinking of two different definitions, though. I was referring to the “reality warping” definition. But creating souls is cool, too - I suppose.)

The ability to control time completely would defeat all others. Action requires duration(except for you of course). It would be awesome. Stuck in school falling asleep at your desk? Freeze time, go home and sleep for a few hours, then head back to class if you feel like it.
It would also give you the ability to remain out of trouble no matter what. You could get away with doing absolutely anything. The possibilities would be endless.

But you still can’t fly!
And, flying will give you similar powers. I’m sure that if you flew out of class in middle of it, no one will even think of stopping you :tongue:!

Sure, but if you simply freeze time, they will never know that you were out of class for 2 weeks, it’ll be instantaneous to everyone else. I can fly in my dreams, but freezing time would only be worth it in waking life.

Are you speaking about freezing an area, or the entire time?

Because when freezing the entire time, you can’t fly to hawai during class…

Funny, I asked some of my friends the same question a couple of days ago. :rofl:

For the set I would want the teleporting/time travel like Hiro in the Heroes tv series (Which is my FAVORITE show along with LOST which are sadly both ended but they both come back after new years!)

If i had one it would be a “new” type of shapeshifting. Because if I wanted to turn into anything wouldn;t it be cool to be able to change other things too? The ultimate shapeshifter. The cops are chasin me? Turn them into bananas! A drunk driver is on the road, turn him into a cautious driver. :smile: I would ruin and help the world at the same time.

And on Page 2 we’ve officially gone off topic. :content:

I guess chronokinesis (manipulation of time) would in essence trump most aforementioned super powers in this topic. And a loophole allows for one to mimic a limited form of super speed. (Although, you still can’t run across water or scale buildings…) :neutral: I’d still rather have super speed.

Twilight’s idea of granting super powers as a power is cool, too. You could grant someone the power to grant you super powers. :happy:

(My younger brother asked one of his friends - Buddha, his name happens to be - the same question. He said the best superhuman ability the power to throw Chinese people.) :confused:

It would be outright WEIRD IMHO !!!

Queen SD , what you are reffering to is mostly summed up under the term “psionic abbilitys”

ChronoKinessis is Movement of time. You ment PsychoChronoDominatio (complete control of the time through the mind)

Indeed :smile: That’s an excellent and useful ability to gain. +100!

i’d want to have Telekinesis without a doubt. I think it’s the coolest ever :happy:
I wouldve said flight too but i think i can fly if i had telekinesis :wink:
Jean Grey yes… Sylar too :razz: though not in an evil way of course :razz: hehe.
Darth Vader,mm.
eh, i have a thing for baddies.
if not TK then i’d just settle for flight.
Thought if i’d have to choose a more “down to earth” ability, i’d choose photographic memory… or (a subfield of that) omniglotism, which is the ability to understand and speak any existing language.

Si.

I like that term better. :smile:

This topic reminds me of a question my fourth grade teacher asked her class to answer in their journals. In short:

Flying or invisibility?

I think I chose invisibility back then, but considering the question now, I’m more inclined toward flying.

I’m VERY sorry to anyone I may have spoiled in my response to Jake_Drummer, Bruno removed it and sent me a PM and it won’t happen again. I hope you can forgive me. :sigh:

Same happened for me. Invisibility or Flying? I think I would choose invisibility as long as no one can see my outlines or feel me when they think they know where I am.

Has anybody read Fade?

I would like Psychokinesis powers…