LD induced by realy wanting to do something?

This just a loose idea, I can’t try it out until saturday, but if someone wants to try this out, please do!

This usualy occurs when I wake up at lets say 7 AM in a school-free day, and I still want to nap till lets say 9-10AM. Today (school at 12AM) I woke up at 6, and I realy wanted to pee. But I wanted to sleep, so I dint move from my bed. Then the todays dream occured (Linky!). I had dreams like that before. Like at summer, when I was downloading some large files overnight. In the morning i realy wanted to check out my download progres, but I was too lazy to move from the bed, so I slept longer. And that induced about 5 dreams about me standing up and turning my monitor on to check the download status.

So, today I thought: can this be used to induce a LD? Maybe…

Lets say you combine it with WBTB. You wake up earlier, and put a glass of water near your bed. Before you fall asleep, eat a half spoon of salt (I know its unhealthy, don’t overdo it!). You’ll probably think about getting up and drinking the water all the time. So think: “If I get up to get this water, I will be dreaming”. If everything goes well (who knows!) you will have a dream about drinking that water, and you’ll say “Hey! I’m drinking the water! I’m dreaming!”.

As I said, this is just a loose idea, i’ll probably check it out this weekend. Maybe somebody would like to try it out too?

PS. Woops, a wall of text! Sorry!

This sounds interesting. I think I might do it on Saturday too. I would just use a water bottle and not a glass. So what we would do is eat some salt and go to sleep while looking at the water craving for it right?

Yucky! :happy:

Nice idea sounds like a thing you would try in a Lucid Warp experiment.

Yeah, thats the idea. I sugest merging it with WBTB. I suppose salt should make you thirsty, so you’ll realy want to drink that water.

I think the idea is very good.
But salt?
I belive the want or longing for something is powerful enough to induce a lucid dream, it did for me once without even trying.
I think it has to do with how you want it, so it doesn’t get resolved and the thought sticks in your head, which presents in your dreams.
Now these being normal dreams or lucid dreams I think it what distinguishes people with intention from people without.

(Doesn’t make much sense, sorry)

Worth a shot, once i had to “do the business” too, but I was too lazy to go. That induced many visions or dreams that i went to toilet. I never thought I could use that to get lucid dreams though. It might be very efficient.

I don’t know any other ways to make yourself thirsty :smile:

Maybe you just need to make yourself a certain bit uncomfortable. (Like the need of going to toilet, hunger, thirst). Doing that and not doing anything results in the dream-like visions of what you want to do actually. You could use that as a stepping stone to LD, do a reality check or something like that.

How about turning on the heat? It was suggested (And worked) before.

Hmm… this sounds feasible. I’ve had biofeedback in dreams before. Once, during a sports season, I was completely unaware of how dehydrated I was. I had like two dreams that night about getting up and drinking water in the kitchen. When I woke up I went straight to the water and chugged a ton, just to test the validity of my dream, realizing it was right about how dehydrated I was!

So I could completely see myself using this!

:smile:
Ok, but I was hinting at the want steming from a more emotional desire, rather than fulfilling thirst.

I just thought that thirst is the easiest thing to archieve, so I can test this method. If you have any other ways (like from a emotional aproach), feel free to post it or test :smile:
Saturday tommorow, i’ll shall try to wake up earlier, and try out the salt and water.

EDIT:
Ok. DONT use salt :razz: I almost threw up, and it dint induce any thristy dreams. I’ll have to find a better way to get emotionaly uncomfy. I’m thinking about sarting a big downoad overnight, so in the morning I have a big urge to check out the progres (almost always works for me).

I wouldn’t totally dismiss the idea, but I went to bed thirsty before after eating ham. I don’t think it would work, but give it a go if you think it will.

it might make it easier if you put the salt into a small glass of water, then drank it before bed.

ive also had these types of dreams of either getting up for water (after a night of heavy drinking) or going to the toilet (after a night of heavy drinking).

Well, if you’re going for thirst, why not kill two birds with one stone and just exercise before bed? It’ll make you thirsty, make your body tired, and keep you in shape!

(oh… I guess that was 3 birds… searches for bird emoticon :fly: ) Of course, not too much exercise but just enough to get you tired. :unsure: :unsure:

Why not use saltine crackers? A handful should be a cheap and easy way to get your mouth dry, especially since you’re forced to chew them, and it shouldn’t be as unhealthy as just salt. Just keep them away from your bed, those crumbs get everywhere.

I’d personally avoid the “have a ton of water and don’t go to the bathroom” approach, as not only can water poisoning kill if you go REALLY overboard, having a dream where you rush to a toilet to relieve yourself and then wake up with moist pants is not fun.