First Steps to MILD (for all basic MILD related Q&A)

moved into first steps to MILD

:happy:

Don’t know if anyone remembers me, I posted alot last winter. Just wanted to say hey, and it’s nice to be back.

Also, any tips on how i can use mild with my schedule? Getting up at 5:30 fails :neutral:

There is a welcome back thread in The Gathering part of the forums post there :content:

moved into First Steps to MILD :moogle:

Hi I am posting this because i can’t find anything on MILD ing. I know MILDing is reminding your self to remember you are dreaming before you go to sleep, but is there anything else i should know, possibaly specific techniques.

Umm, I think there is an FAQ section of MILD. So you can just post your questions there.

well , i started doing RC about 1 month ago and everytime i go to sleep i say i wanna have a LD, and every time i remember my dreams sometimes at 50% sometimes i remember them all, but i havent a LD yet…i am doing anything wrong?

P.D: sorry for my bad english, im mexican :happy:

First of all you did very well with your english, second, to answer your question based on what you said you are doing it right. I usually say "the next time I am dreaming i will realize I am dreaming. Remember sometimes this takes a couple weeks and sometimes a couple of months to work (it different for everyone…). I took me half of a month. Just keep practicing and I bet you will have your first lucid dream any day now!
Hope this helped,
The Luciddator

Thanks for your help

I have been trying MILD after three months of unsuccessful attempts at WILD. So when i try to tell myself to have an LD I end up counting my breaths. So can anyone give me help because I end up not meaning what I am imagining

im afraid it is going to take me until im like 30 till i get one i used to do it all the time when i was little but now im mature and im afraid it will be hard to do im kinda slow when it comes to getting things and horrible when it comes to mastering it do u think it will be really hard for me

I don’t think that it’ll be hard for you. This technique is quite simple and easy actually. You just have to be tired for this one.

I think MILD works for me in the long run, but doesn’t necessarily work if I try it that night. I sort of know that I should become lucid when I go to sleep now even if I don’t actually repeats a mnemonic thing in my head. When I actually do repeat it in my head I often find my thoughts have wandered and I’m not doing it any more, I guess that’s just normal falling asleep though.

I’ll have to try mild, it sounds interesting ^^ :smile:

I dont really think in words, and it feels strange when I amke my slef do so for such a wierd amount of time. I ahve very little experience with this, but I had a dild or whatever the other day, and I tried doing it artificially, by saying the words, but I dont think its really necessary. though I could be wrong.

Well, as for saying the words in your mind, it helps you to remember it in the dream. Your subconcious might pick it up at somewhere. (I think) For myself it helps a lot. But I think motivation and “knowing it will happen” are the key aspects of DILD.

I started a couple of weeks ago and since then I’ve only had success about 4 times. I remember my dreams most of the time now. Better than I did before. I do RC’s during the day. I repeat sentences over in my head at night before I go to sleep. I say them with meaning too. But I’ve never become lucid in my last REM cycle. I was wondering if anyone just had any ideas.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to get SP using MILD, how common it is, and how bad it is? Since wanting to try Lucid Dreaming, I have been too scared to try it because of SP. MILD seems the safest method for avoiding SP but I just wanted to make sure. Also, does anyone know if using an alarm to wake up would instantly stop or prevent SP?

Thanks

SP is a natural phenomenon that happens every night when you sleep. Its what stops your body from moving when you dream. There is nothing to fear.

Techniques like WILD where you try to stay awake during the transition may give you more opportunity to consciously experience SP.

MILD has no relationship to SP.

Can you do MILD at regular bedtime or do you have to wake up in the middle of the night and then do it?

You don’t have to, but it helps greatly, but you can use a previous dream which you recall well.
You are supposed to wake up from a dream, and then use that dream to kind of get in to it again, but if you have another dream which you can recall well (What it felt like being in that dream, the tastes, the sounds and the smells), then you can use that too.

I’m going to concentrate on MILD in April. I’ll report back every now and then if I get successful or not.