an idea - doors for a reality check

when I was a kid, well okay when I was younger, I used to have loads of dreams where people were trying to get into my house and attack my family. I used to lock the front door so they couldn’t get in, but the door would open anyway.

I had a lucid dream the other night, and in the dream people were outside, about to get in and I locked the back door. But when I checked to see if it was locked, it opened anyway. I realised I was dreaming and because I had been dreaming of people fighting all night and was not fully lucid, it seems, I asked someone to wake me up. I promtly woke up.

But anyway, in real life, I check the back door of my house multiple times a day to check it is locked, and expect it to open. Today I realised that this is a relaity check, a reality check I have been doing for more than 10 years, without realising it.

I wanted to tell you guys so you could check to see if you do anything like this… then you wouldn’t have to worry about reality checks really, as you’re doing them along with normal daily things.

that’s brilliant!
using a daily routine as a RC! awesome idea! :smile:

That sounds good, too bad I don’t do things like that. I think it might be your dream sign too.

That’s amazing, it only took 10 years of paranoia to produce a lucid dream!

Actually that might be a good idea, I have been locking my door+checking it each time before going to bed. However, there aren’t always doors in dreams, very few in mine. I am just going to buy a vibra watch to remind me to do a RC. I just sometimes lose track and forget RC, which is not good, forgetting in WL is like drifting off in dreams.

Good luck on your journies!

thanks, I was thinking, I could try combining it with VILD.

I have thought of this when I noticed I could open locked doors, but I don’t find many opportunities to try it IRL. Though, a RC could be done only in dreams.

its funny Joe, my first lucid dream was about looking for a door 2 open whiles I was going up stairs, but i never got to open one i was too excited!!!

This is a pretty good Idea,

I do an RC everytime I walk through a door, I have been doing this since i joined 2 years ago, it carries over into dreams, doors are a big part of my dreams now, it works like a charm :content: