y dont u hear about luicid dreaming

It is simply because LD-ing is so difficult to achieve for the common person (Which basically means, everyone who is not a natural and isn’t very spiritual) So, just like most people won’t ever walk to their holy sites, but some will, So is lucid dreaming.

I have seen twice that a special addition to a newspaper included info about Lucid dreaming, and dreaming. It was a quite famous newspaper, so you may take into acount that many know that Lucid dreaming exist, yet they think (And this is the most important reason for unpopularity of LDs) That LD-ing is just for naturals, scycophants, people who seek inner enlightment, gamers and just freaks of LDs.

If you could make someone have a lucid dream as easy as turning on the television (Don’t mind the learning curve of how-to-fly; Only the ability to lucid dream) And, in the same time, you will have renowned, or just plain people who are “proffesionals” speak over the media of it, it will be quite much known.

I’ve seen programs about Lucid Dreaming. pasQuale was even interviewed about it for a paper/magazine a while back. I also remember someone posting an mp3 file of an interview, not sure if it came from a radio or tv interview though.

You can find it if you know where to look.

I believe Reader’s Digest (an extremely popular American magazine) had a cover story on LDing and dreams in general. Just like Twilight Dreamer’s example though, the magazine made it sound as though you could only LD if you were a natural, or if you bought the expensive Nova Dreamer.

What really shocked me was that this magazine is meant to be for the general American population. Pretty amazing that their cover story was about dreams/LDs.

Norway’s most known science magazine had an big article abut LDing some years back.
I think they even listed this site as an reference.
I’ve also seen it mentioned once in an non-LD book.

If it got a big notice in an popular media I think lots of people wouldn’t want to believe it, and some over-conservative Christians would probably say LDing is an sin, or goes against God or something, and start black-mailing, and complaining to, that media.

LDing is just one of those things that the general public doesn’t like talking abut.

I have asked another Christian about LDing and asked if it is bad or good, they said that it was like a cult and shouldn’t be practiced. The public is just too arrogant.

Lucid dreaming has been mentioned in Norway’s biggest popular science magazine, and one of our biggest national newspapers. It is often just given a footnote in articles about dream interpretation and sleep science, but the newspaper article covered two pages.

At least in my country the subject of ld’ing has never been talked(in any media), moreover, i’ve asked a lot of people(Friends,classmates,family) and they have a slight idea of what might be but have never got into it.
So take Lucid Dreaming as an ‘underground cult’…not bad though.

I’m christian myself and i practice ld’ing freely, what i don’t do though in ld are things such as killing, random sex…

I’m a Christian and I think LDing is awesome! :grin: However, my family… at first they thought it was ok but now they think it’s “interfering with my relationship with God.” :bored: Whatever. It’s not.

ok im a christian, go to church every sunday and im trying to ld… did it befor without knowing what lding was so im prettyshure its not a sin( no more than playing a video game)

I know it’s not a sin or anything bad. I’m just saying what those people said to me.

that’s just silly :content:
how can… :confused: god!!! it’s just silly.
It’s not in the media that much because it’s just not known by most people

I hear ya’, kT4all, I was just proving those people wrong. Clearly there are living examples of Christian dreamers here.

And I’ve asked around out of curiosity. Most people (or so they admit) are either natural lucid dreamers or haven’t remembered a dream in years. If that’s true, that’s sad. Imagine, not living about a third of your life!

There was a mention of Lucid dreaming in the series of books based on the PC game: Doom. It was brief but basically the main character gets trapped in a computer program and controls it through memories of what he’d heard about lucid dreaming.

From what I’ve seen of the world I don’t think people will really give lucid dreaming a try unless it’s something that can be done effortlessly.

Wohoo! Another Florida person! :hugs:

Anyway. I think most people are either shying away from it because it’s too weird or because they’re lazy and don’t see the benefit of going to sleep and actually thinking; they can get by on a few hours of sleep in an afternoon nap, work all night for beautiful $, and drink Starbucks like there’s no tomorrow. It’s not like you’re paid to LD. :plotting: Again, you have to be a thinking individual to ponder dreams, dream signs, and their own sub-conscience.

A newspaper of mine country had an article (small, just a few paragraphs) about lucid dreaming. Nothing else though.

Hm, as I see in the posts lucid dreaming has some recognation among people, but is not all that familiar to most people, just as I experience. Some people do not even can believe it is true one can control its dream, others do not want to. And most people who know about it talk little about it.

Might there is a kind of adversary confrontal of considering dreams a way to understand yourself better. I mean that some people believe that dreams are just a brain’s function that can not offer us any useful hint about ourselves.

People aren’t interested in dreams. And I’m sure many think it’s weird to be so involved with one’s dreams. It’s up to them, not really my business.

In the media, lucid dreaming comes up here and there. Someone, I don’t remember who, talked about lucid dreaming a bit with Jay Leno. That’s something.

I just realized something. All the time people say “Pinch me, I must be dreaming,” without knowing where the saying came from :tongue: . It’s kind of funny, in an ironic way.