The BIG Cat Lover & Dog Lover Topic II

Author  Message 
reality.failure
LDer for 13 yeaaars!!
Dream Deity

The BIG Cat Lover & Dog Lover Topic II
PostPosted: Wed 19 Nov, 2003  Reply with quote

[Mod Edit]
Part I of this thread can be found HERE!
[/Mod Edit]

^^

14 Days Old
The grey ones eyes opened first, at about 7 days, the white one opened them at about 12 days. The white one still has one ear folded over...awww!
LoL...I still can't decide whether they are male/female for sure. eh

Fey~

Last edited by reality.failure on Wed 19 Nov, 2003; edited 1 time in total
Neo
Procrastinator
cookie lover

!!! :D SUPER CUTE! Haha. Great pics!

*Neo crys that he cant have a cat*
smile

P.S. This makes 50 posts...

moogle
1 LD to milestone !
Site Admin
moogle has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
LD count: 49 LDs so far

Ahh! The little grey one looks so cute with his? eyes open. It looks like he's experimenting at washing his paw! You will have to post one of the white kitten with the eyes open. Is mum still camera shy? wiske

Current LD goal(s): 6 LDs per year * ND goals - actively incubate interesting/fun dreams

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
alex
Dream Deity
Dream Deity

They are cute!

On tv in Australia there was an IQ test, testing the whole country (it was very popular for the second year running-highest rated tv show for the whole first year, but it was optional) And when it was done they look at the average scores of the owners of dogs compared to cat owners. There was a difference but there could have been cheating as people sat next to each other. But anyway i'm sure you want to find out who is smarter. That's why i'll tell you later.

Just kidding, it was the dog owners who got a higher average, but only by 1 or 2 points. Oh and by the way people who prefered neither a cat nor a dog had an even higher average!

They also compared things like different professions and male vs female. Quite entertaining.

LostBoy
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Mon 24 Nov, 2003  Reply with quote

Maybe this is lame but I love them both for their respective prperties and personalities. Dogs have their plusses but so do cats. They're both sweet animals.

Atheist
Hopelessly devoted
cookie lover

PostPosted: Tue 25 Nov, 2003  Reply with quote

Alex, I'm not sure what you think you were watching, but the National IQ test that was on last week in Australia had cat owners 1 point above dog owners (110 and 109 respectively). smile

Last edited by Atheist on Tue 25 Nov, 2003; edited 1 time in total
alex
Dream Deity
Dream Deity

oh, maybe i was wrong about that but i'm pretty sure that the neither category was higher.

Atheist
Hopelessly devoted
cookie lover

Dm7
Nonexist
cookie lover

Aww how cute! I love those kitties! I wish I could have them all! I can't... sadblauw It's banned to have an animal in apartment. Oh well.

Cute anyways. ^^

moogle
1 LD to milestone !
Site Admin
Chat Mods

PostPosted: Mon 15 Dec, 2003  Reply with quote

Trouble lived upto his name at the weekend. We were all in the kitchen when there was a crash in the living room....then we heard a cat galloping upstairs and a lot of thuds and clanks! eh
I went upstairs after him....he was trailing a playstation controller after him, which he managed to lose in the bedroom by jumping up onto a piece of furniture.
Apparently, he had walked through a loop of the lead, which then pulled tight. The cord was pulled out of the console and a clock knocked onto the floor.

I hate to think how the christmas tree is going to fare this year!

Current LD goal(s): 6 LDs per year * ND goals - actively incubate interesting/fun dreams

alex
Dream Deity
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Tue 16 Dec, 2003  Reply with quote

Quote:

The cat at my place knocked ours over last year and looks set to do it again, climbing half-way up the wall to grab a bit of tinsel.

moogle
1 LD to milestone !
Site Admin
Chat Mods

PostPosted: Tue 16 Dec, 2003  Reply with quote

alex wrote:
Quote:

The cat at my place knocked ours over last year and looks set to do it again, climbing half-way up the wall to grab a bit of tinsel.

It did get knocked down the other year....and some mornings you find a bauble on the floor that one of them has been playing with overnight! That's why we don't use electric lights on the tree.

They know to wait still everyone is in bed. :D

moogle
1 LD to milestone !
Site Admin
Chat Mods

Re: The BIG Cat Lover & Dog Lover Topic II
PostPosted: Mon 12 Jan, 2004  Reply with quote

ReaLiTY.FaiLuRe wrote:
[Mod Edit]
Part I of this thread can be found HERE!
[/Mod Edit]

^^

14 Days Old
The grey ones eyes opened first, at about 7 days, the white one opened them at about 12 days. The white one still has one ear folded over...awww!
LoL...I still can't decide whether they are male/female for sure. eh

Fey~

Hello RF. I was just wondering about your cats. Did you find them both good homes or did you end up increasing your little cat population?

whispa
no surprises please
cookie lover

PostPosted: Mon 12 Jan, 2004  Reply with quote

I love both, especially cats. I have a brown tabby called Tigg. She talks, actually she moans constantly lol.
My favourite type of dogs are Boxers.

reality.failure
LDer for 13 yeaaars!!
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Tue 13 Jan, 2004  Reply with quote

LoL

Guess!
I will take some piccies of them later in the week and update my links.

The little white one has slightly changed colour. She has pale grey paws, tail, face and ears. She also has a grey stripe down her backbone and very pale grey tiger stripes on her lower legs. She shows off her long snakelike tail by wagging it at every chance she gets. Her personality is fantastic. She has attitude. She doesn't like being picked up, probably because she is so hyperactive and wriggles around so much. Her eyes have changed to a very pale blue, almost white in certain light. She folds her ears back and looks totally evil. I think she is part elf!
I named her Cy / Sigh / Psi ...lol, I'm unsure how to spell it, but you get the idea.

Her sister is the cuddly one. She loves being stroked and picked up. I named her PK. Her eyes have turned into a lovely golden yellow colour, it was nice to look into her eyes each day to see what colour they were during the change from blue to yellow. She looks the exact copy of her father (who still prowls around occasionally, even though we got Tricksy spayed). Her coat colour is still silvery grey. She is shy but playful. I love her tummy, she has a fluffly little paunch, her coat is short, like her sisters but is very soft and kitten-like still.

Tricksy was spayed 2 weeks ago. The vet warned me that 'siamese types' tend to rip out their stitches, so to keep an eye on her. So what does she do the minute she gets home?
neutral
I had to spray her with a water bottle to stop her going near the stitches, they had given her a pain killer so I guess it didn't hurt to rip at them. Ouch! I woke up the next morning and she had one left!! The wound was still closed so I just left it be. She ripped the last one out that day. When the kitties were old enough to play, she would always be really rough with them. So now, the three of them go into attack mode, stalk each other and make a heck of a racket running around the house.

They brought a baby brown snake into the house this morning! eek2

Piccies to come soon!
Fey~

print