What huge dreamsign have you missed lately Part IV

Well, besides playing a France level on Splintercell? Oh well I have a lot.
-Like Grandma Chio from Naruto teaching me how to hunt.
-Or like Desmond from LOST in 2 different dreams.
-Maybe it is returning to my old school like the 50 different times in different dreams and not realizing it.
-Could be chasing Kate Austin (from LOST) through a grocery store… xD

Those are merely a few of my odd dreams and big dream signs that I never notice.

Lately i’ve been having these sexual dreams where i see naked women, or almost naked and because of the excitment, i cannot become lucid or by becoming aware of that dreamsign. Too hard… :cry:

I just had a dream last night where there was a shop and they were selling German helmets. Later everyone was wearing a German helmet and doing the Nazi salute while I was wearing an American helmet.

There is a new movie called, ‘The Nines’ which I would really like to see. Unfortunately it’s not coming to my local cinema but that’s besides the point.

So, I had a dream last night and despite any real evidence to support this idea, I thought that my dream was a trailer for ‘The Nines’. I had no idea it was a dream at all. Anyway, ‘The Nines’ appears to have a very surreal concept. There is a part of the trailer where it appears as though the lead character is able to make something happen by stepping over a line. This, apparently, has something to do with why my unconscious mind threw this dreamsign at me.
Despite believing it was a trailer, I was actually a part of it. It’s quite rare for me to have a first person dream but this one was. I was going to walk through a door when I read on the handle the word, “Lucid”. When I pushed the door open a bit, the bizzare laws of dream geometry meant that I could see a bit more of the same door handle. “Lucid Dream” it said. I just thought, “Ah, so ‘The Nines’ is about lucid dreaming; makes sense.”
“Lucid Dream” it said! Obvious dreamsign.

Good news is that it’s the first (as far as I remember) dreamsign I’ve had. It’s just a matter of programming myself to do the reality checks now.

Pretty obvious dreamsign: RC failure (non-reality).

The dream carried on as if I didn’t do one.

My first lucid dream was initiated by a successful RC. I had had several failed RCs prior to that within the same dream but never thought anything of the fact that I had a hairy palm or six fingers or whatever the deformity was with each RC. Then I got to a lake, looked at my hand and it looked perfectly normal and that’s what got me lucid. I suppose that’s because it wasn’t consistent with the prior (weird) results, however during the dream when I looked at my hand that last time and it was normal, I reacted as if it weren’t. Clearly my unconscious mind is a nutcase.

I was having a ridiculous, stupid dream, and, as I was apparently aware of the stupid situation I was in, I said to myself, “What is this? A dream or something?” and the dream simply went on. :grrr: My subconscious seems to be playing jokes on me.

Yesterday in the school we described what our classroom looks like. In my description I put that the walls look green like in a mental institution (which they actually do). In the dream (look at my DJ) the walls on the top floor were also that same color.

Few nights back i had a dream where my mobile phone was ringing. When i looked it, i saw a picture, and unrecognizeable name at the corner. I took the phone, but it continued to ring until my friend who called started to ask: “Hallo?” at the other end.

So two obvious things that should have made me aware of dreaming. The dream was pretty vivid and it happened 2 hours after i went to sleep. So i “blame” the “cheese effect”, even if i’m not participating in this experiment :smile:

3 nights ago I think, I saw my dead cat again. Geez, missed it again!

it took 5 massive ones before i finally gained lucidity (and even then only for a few secs)

First there was the fact that a Mass Relay (from Mass Effect) activated

Then there was the imminent Reaper invasion and my warning of the town only to be ignored

Third there was me on a spaceship commanding a combined fleet to destory the reapers

Fourth we had a Geth Hopper on my ship until we fried it with my GARDIAN laser system

And finally there were all the aliens around me from Salarians to Asari, took telekinetic powers for me to finally realise what was happening.

Sorry mods, I dont exactly know where to put this… Anyways, last night I had a dream.In the middle of it for no apparent reason,I did a RC.So I plug my nose with two fingers,and I can still kinda breath,but i think that I just didn’t cover up my nose well enough! So I just went on with my dream.I woke up and I was like “THAT SUCKS!”

Yep, this happens to me all the time. Whenever I do a nose RC and it works, I always tell myself that “I probably wasn’t pressing my nose hard enough” and carry on with the dream. Frustrating. =P

I’ve been missing so many dreams signs lately. Last night even I missed looking at my hands. Thankfully I caught it in a subsequent dream though.

One RC I’ve been doing lately is I’ll breathe air through my nose, then contract the muscles in my throat to stop it. If it stops, I’m not dreaming, if it does, I am… theoretically. I haven’t been able to catch this in a dream though. I usually use it upon waking so that I don’t have to move much so I don’t disturb the groggy state, or if it’s an FA I can catch it… but I don’t know if it would actually work. Like you said Kroc, I’m the same with this RC.

How 'bout yelling: “Hell, this is a dream!”, and not becoming lucid?

Not quite an answer to your question but I’ve actually done reality checks in my dreams and failed to realize I was dreaming.And even more messed up is that I really tried for one of them.I did it like 3 times and still couldn’t tell.The other time I tried to livitate an old man riding a bicycle and instead he went off a bridge and I hurried to see if he was ok and he was fine but I’d lost the idea that it might be a dream.

I missed at least two instances of my biggest DS this morning–darkness. I tend to dream about dark environments, though the darkness most often doesn’t have negative connotations.

I find it interesting that many people report stupid rationalizations about the nose RC, yet I’ve always found it one of the most effective RCs for me. Most of the time, if I remember to do the nose RC, I can breathe–if not the first time, at least after trying a few times. Very rarely do I try to rationalize this odd fact, though I certainly am known to rationalize other occurrences in bizarre ways. The usual result is the simple, amazed, shocked, yet undeniable realization that I am dreaming.

Now I just need to remember to try that RC a lot more often in my dreams. :razz:

I had a very vivid dream yesterday night and the night before that. :smile:

In the first dream, I had teleported to a very techy like building with a 30 meters wide and 50 meters high LCD screen!!! :happy: I also had full-screen display in my eyes so I could zoom up to full screen while watching the giant screen. I didn’t notice I was dreaming.

Yesterday night, I was in a vacation center which I usually visit each summer. I could have not been there, since it’s winter. There were also some girls from my class which I don’t really hang out with. Oh and the dream also included japanese mafia with guns and stuff. :happy:

I had a pretty sick vivid half-nightmare here the other day.
Americans where trying to “Invade” the world, starting with my country, first by giving shots to youth’s 25 and younger that would kinda like numb our brains, then they put you in prison like buildings and you’ll just wander around doing nothing for the rest of your life. Kinda like taking away your brain.

The shot had some white liquid in it, so soldiers was chasing us around and stuff, and I went hiding with one of my girls (I had several) and we just ran around everywhere. Encountering other people trying to hide, and eventually there were almost noone left.

I eventually ended up getting caught and had to take a decission wether to take the shot or get my arm chopped off, I got insanely pist at them asking what the meaning behind it all was.

And they told me it was to “secure a better future” and I told them how fucking silly that was, secure a better future by destroying the youth? And they said to secure a better future for the grown generation, I tried to yell at them and tell them how stupid it was, but to no use.

So I looked at my hands, and the shot they wanted me to take(should’ve done a reality check:() I woke up.

This was a very long dream though, actually into two parts. It started out pretty good, i school or something where I was making out with 2 of my girls at once (yeah I’m quite a slut. lol) and then it just all evolved, I actually woke up once when we were on the run, and went right back into the dream again when I fell asleep.

Last night, i dreamt it was xmas eve, and i was in school [ always school] and everyone dressed like Santa, idk why i didn’t pick up that xmas past. And being in school is a big recurring theme for me, i even say before bed " If i dream about school, i will know im dremaing" or something like that.