Nightmare

I had a LD. And I was trying to do something, but right when I started to do it, something scary was happening so I just decided to wake up. Next time I will try to face it straight on. But that’s not my point.

Can anyone else do this? Wake up when they want to? And also, wouldn’t this be good for people that have nightmares?

Also, I personally don’t really try to move my physical body as much as thinking about waking up I don’t think. I think I just think about waking up mostly then it kind of happens… but I guess I start moving also. But whenever I do wake up I have to take a huge breath of air in through my nose. And I start to sit up. That is how I wake up, if I want to wake up from an LD. Is anyone else like this?

Hey Spartan,
Reading your post just reminded me how my dream ended last night. After rubbing my hands together to stabilize the LD and state some facts like my name and date, etc, the dream seemed stable enough but really, really real. It was probably one of the most realistic-feeling LD’s I’ve ever had. So real, in fact, that I started to panic and forced myself to wake up just to be out of it. The thought flashed through my head that I would be trapped in the dream, that’s how real it seemed like.

I know that when I was little and having nightmares I could sometimes will myself to wake up as well.

I can wake up when i want to. The ability to do this is maybe a very low form of lucidity because we have a hint that we might be dreaming(so we try to make ourselves wake up). Sometimes i think, " Well, if i made myself wake up, doesn’t that mean i know i’m dreaming? Does this count as Lucidity?"

The thing i’ve noticed about most people who can and do wake themselves up is that they are aware they’re dreaming, else they wouldn’t have tried to wake up from it (as already said), but if they thought about it, waking up is as impossible as launching a fireball at whatever you want to wake up from. Once i realized this, i learned to warp the dream so whatever i want to wake up from goes away, which will leave me in my dream while causing my fear or whatever to leave (Turning the tables, such as it is).

So drill that into yourself, and it’ll make for much more enjoyable nights.

when I dream lucidly i am sortof awake, I mean im not, but it is really easy to wake up. I mean I jsut move and I can. and Hemming, nice Sig, Whats that guys name? Langdon? Oh yeah, Langston Hughes. lol Thats a cool guy

That is a very good point. I didn’t think of that. If you wanted to wake up, you must already know it’s a dream.

Also I’m glad I helped you remeber your dream Skidzz