Author  Message 
Learjet
Lightning Sprite
Somniologist

How did you get here? Part I
PostPosted: Thu 20 Nov, 2003  Reply with quote

pasQuale wrote:
Yes, a slight variation on the 'how did I get here' RC grin

How did you get on the forum for the first time? How did you find out about LD4all?

if your choice is not listed, post below and i'll add it.
please elaborate on your choice when you have come here from another site, which site, etc.

<mod>poll moved to part II</mod>
Search engine for me. I typed "Lucid Dreaming" or something like that in google.

I wanted to put a name tag to a lot of things I was experiencing and was looking for new ideas, things to try in LD. This forum has certainly helped me do that.

moogle
1 LD to milestone !
Site Admin
moogle has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
LD count: 49 LDs so far

I used google and typed lucid dreaming forum. I had to look at quite a few sites until I came to ld4all...it was actually one of the older "incarnations" with a link to this website.

Current LD goal(s): 6 LDs per year * ND goals - actively incubate interesting/fun dreams

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
pav
Dream Weaver
Astral Explorer

Search engine.
I've found many pages but ld4all is simply the best tumbsuplinkswitteduim

mystic
Dream Templar
LD4all addict

I registered on the dutch forum first, but it lasted about 5 months before I noticed there's an english version too wink
I found the dutch forum with the aid of google smile

Hubbs
cookie lover
cookie lover

I think the first thing that brought the idea of lucid dreaming was Waking Life, i was at some friends house in northern Florida, and this kid had a waking life poster on his wall. He told me everything about it, and how it was'nt open towards the public for a while. I guess that search led me to other searches. He didnt explain Lucid dreaming to much.
Lots of influences came to me, so i figured to take alook on it, and see how hard or easy it seemed to be. Then i remeber reading everything from intro to take off, and thats my story of how i found this site. I could barely remeber it.

PuddingBunny
The Pudding Watcher
Somniologist

I got it out of the bookmarks of a friend. It had lots of links towards spiritual sites and lots more, including this one.

I don't know where he got it from, but i suspect it would have to do something with those aliens wink5

Freecube
Theistic Apologist
Dream Deity

I go on GameFAQs, and I saw a board on LUE about lucid dreaming, I followed the link like a good boy =P

Atheist
Hopelessly devoted
cookie lover

It's becoming apparent that we've got Google to thank for the majority of our visitors. wink

Dm7
Nonexist
cookie lover

Well, that night of my b-day (Dec. 10th), I dreamt some amazing dreams that made me realize that I actually miss being able to share and chat about my dreams.. or even just to read somebody's dreams. I also dreamt something about big forum based on lucid dreaming.

So I opened up my favorite searching engine... google and began to search. Then soon I found this website and registered the next day. colgate

I actually came to LD4all website a long time ago before it even had a forum. ^^ What a good memory. Love it! wiske

alex
Dream Deity
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Fri 21 Nov, 2003  Reply with quote

Wow! that is a good way to find this site.

I found this site by talking to someone on ICQ and they gave me to a link to a site i think it had the word astral or something in it and that site had a link to here. I read all parts of the site and then came to the forum, the old forum. That place is a mess compared to the wonderful new forum.

charlottedreamer
Dream Deity
Dream Deity

my friend told me about lucid dreaming, but not a lot. We didn't really talk about it, other than when we were painting and out of the blue she said 'are you dreaming?'. Anyway, I read some random dream book, that sortof sucked now that I know the facts, but it did tell me what LDing was. Then I was on some random forum, that I stayed on for about 20 minutes and never returned, but I saw someones user name was 'LucidDreamer' or something like that. I e-mailed him, and he sent me this site URL. Never heard from him again, but I bless his soal!

Friend told me about it! He got the link from gamefaqs! So I have to put friend, but if I could vote a second time I'd vote link from other site...

Accursed google users! Yahoo! is better somehow!!

Hey is there a poll about "How did you hear about lucid dreams in the first place?"? I'd like that.

BioHazard
Dream Walker
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Sun 23 Nov, 2003  Reply with quote

Freecube wrote:
I go on GameFAQs, and I saw a board on LUE about lucid dreaming, I followed the link like a good boy =P

Same here. smile

reality.failure
LDer for 13 yeaaars!!
Dream Deity

Lucid Crossroads
PostPosted: Mon 24 Nov, 2003  Reply with quote

I followed a link on another forum that led me to the 'Lucid Crossroads' website. From there, I followed a link to 'LD4All'.

I do remember passing through a long time beforehand, though I didn't bookmark the site, so I 'forgot' about it. That was in the old forum days.

Fey~

Neo
Procrastinator
cookie lover

PostPosted: Mon 24 Nov, 2003  Reply with quote

Neo wrote:
I have a weird little story...cant shake the feeling that there has been a topic like this before...
Anyways, I was listening to the radio and a heard this shampoo comercial, and it started off "Did you know you can control your dreams? Its true! Because now all your dreams will come true with Blah Blah Shampoo!"
At first i was like Whoa! But then i was all Ooohh sadblauw
So i kept that thought in the back of my head, and one day i just realized to Google it to see if you CAN control your dreams, eventually found this site, thought it was great, and registed.

Thats my post from the how did you learn about LDing topic

Page 1 of 10Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

print   ShareShare