Current Wings Quest 128
The Signal

Musical FairyTale

Author  Message 
ImagineiTaLl
LD count: 5

Musical FairyTale
PostPosted: Sat 05 Jan, 2008  Reply with quote

Here a new method you could try to keep your mind awake while your body falls asleep. grin

1.Put some soothing/calm music on.

2.Lay down in whatever position fits you best.

3.Relax your body...thats probably the most important part.

4.When your finally relaxed listen to the music just try to get a feel for it.

5.Once thats done then start to imagine something that goes along with it.

Example: Lets say I would be listening to Lilies In The Valley by Jun Miyake [which in my opinion is a good song for this exercise] I would lay down do relax and such until i feel ready......this song's main instrument is the piano so I would imagine sort of a valley...I don't know why specifically the valley I guess thats just what pianos make me think of....but I would be looking at the clouds as the piano and other instruments played I would imagine the clouds forming into people and other objects and basically just dance around in the sky.But as I do this I would try to fit in every possible detail I could and be as vivid as possible. Adding little things every now and then just in case it gets boring. So as they dance the sky would change color eventually turning into a whole different setting.!. I would do this until I transition into the dream.

TIPS; meditate
<*>Your scenario doens't have to be anything like mine just make it so it goes along with the song yet stays interesting.

<*>If you keep your scenario interesting it will be harder for you to fall asleep and at the same time easier for you to transition into a dream.

<*>I picked soothing music because it helps relax you which in LD's is a strong factor..but if soothing music isn't for you go for something else.!.

<*>And lastly make sure that the song/songs you pick is long enough to keep you occupied until said entering of the dream.

Arsennio
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 10+

Interesting idea! How well does it work for you and do you do this WBTB or just cold turkey before bed at night?

Phi_guy
Assistant Pig Keeper
Astral Explorer
LD count: 4

Yeah, that's a good question. Is this just theory, or does it work well for you?

Siiw
Infinite Impatience
Globahead
Siiw has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: last 6.april

I have done this several times, it gives very strong HI if i am lucky. It has even given a LD a couple of times. I need to be very sleepy to reach the half sleep state with music on, a short wbtb makes that easier.

Current LD goal(s): To bring back a song

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com
ImagineiTaLl
LD count: 5

PostPosted: Sun 06 Jan, 2008  Reply with quote

Thats cool that you have done it before! Yeah, at times it can help my HI to but not that much, just really keeps my mind active.

And for Arsennio I do this right before I go to bed...everynow and then in the morning but its best for me night.

Oh and this isn't theory...

Phi_guy
Assistant Pig Keeper
Astral Explorer
LD count: 4

PostPosted: Sun 06 Jan, 2008  Reply with quote

I accidentally did this last night. But I wasn't planning to, so I just went straight into a ND.

print