What is your favorite browser?

Why firefox is better here you go :

1. Way faster at loadiing webpages
  2. Way faster startup
  3. Tabs are way better managed (and you can open a tab in 0.2 secs not in 10)
  4. its HTML Conform (IE most of the time displays bull****)
  5. Its free (not concernig the price but the license)
  6. Better security
  7. Everyone can help developing it
  8. There are thousands of addons
  9. using IE on linux would be kinda stupid
  10. Torbutton :smile:

Just switched to firefox after reading this and boy is it worth it… the tabs alone are AMAZING!!

I use FireFox and i have Safari for back up. I’m just so used to FireFox that i don’t like using anything else.

Ysim, I never said it didn’t crash. All I say is that some of the reports on FF are wrong.
About FF being faster than opera, I realy don’t know.

But I do know opera has mouse gestures! (Hehe, didn’t I say that already?)

I’m a total Firefox addict…have been for years now :content:

Interesting question.

Ask me yesterday and I would have said Firefox. However the more I use SeaMonkey the more I like it. It also seems a little quicker than Firefox. I like it so much I have uninstalled Opera.

I use both Firefox and Explorer (7.0 I think) daily. I only use IE to check my mail, as when I press on “you have X new mails” it automatically opens with IE. As far as I know all my prefered setting are on Firefox.

I started to use FF and now I preferi t over IE because I’m used to it. Plus more things work properly in FF. I somehow have a problem with something in IE and I’m too lazy to fix it since it works perfectly fine in firefox.

I really start to dislike IE because of it looks and how I have to use it. What I do like more about IE than FF is that it’s easier to open the first tab. After that it doesn’t matter, but the first tab is nicer to open. (Although usually I just use Ctr+click)

another thing in IE that annoys me: whenever you open a new tab it pops up on the screen: “YOU HAVE OPENED A NEW TAB”. I KNOW I’VE OPENED A NEW TAB, YOU DUMB @>#$>"# !!

well erm yer. you can turn it off… but it’s there because its a “new” feature to IE users… poor people.

Jagsaw: click the “don’t show me this message again” option in the “you have opened a new tab” page, and dismiss the notice by hitting the close button. Stupid message will be replaced with ye olde about:blank page.

Sandra: open fx, get in the options window (I don’t know, it’s either Tools > Options or Edit > Preferences); go to the “Tabs” tab and select “Always show tab bar.” This way, your tab bar will be visible even if only one tab is open, which will make fx look like ie7. Also, if you don’t like the tab bar to always be visible (I certainly don’t), you can right click the menu bar (the one with the File…Help menus), hit “Customise…” and drag a “New Tab” button to your Navigation Toolbar. :smile: Voilà: easy tab opening.

im suprised it hasn’t been mentioned yet but ive used Netscape for a while sucessfully its not bad but opera also is good (currently using newest IE not bad at all the new tab system works fabulous)

I use Trillian for MSN mostly, so if I get any emails, it will go to Firefox :happy:

Except gmail which I have to type in XD and do XD lol…

But sometimes the NoScript updates on Firefox which are updated alot…get kinda ahhh…^^;

i use firefox with IE for backup. I really don’t have a preferance, i’m fine with IE and firefox, though firefox is right on my start menu so i pick that. Firefox crashes once in a while but not enough to bug me, and it can restore sessions so that’s that. Firefox is definitely faster though i never had gripes using IE, i’m just used to firefox. plus, i would die without my 7 bookmarks below the toobar :smile: (ld4all included.)

I’ve used firefox since v1.0 and I love it. I’ll have to see if I stick with it coming up with version 3.0, see if it is still sleek and fast or goes netscape’s way of big and bloated.

I don’t like IE7, I have to use it at school and just the feel of it kinda hurts me…I dunno why but it does.

I prefer Firefox. It’s faster and more customizable. I can’t tell you how many problems I had with IE. (I have IE7 as well, but I don’t use it much). It crashed A LOT and was a bit slow.

I agree, I’m glad someone else says that. I feel like when I use XP at school I’m struggling to do everything.

I’m using Camino, Mozilla’s browser for Macs. It has great features like Firefox but is super lightweight and fast. Plus, it’s really pretty. I’m a sucker for nice looking things on computers. :grin:

Now that you mention it… that’s what I’m looking for! An old, reliable version of Firefox! :happy:

/me goes look for Phoenix in his back ups

Yes, it is well known Firefox is slow, but I tweaked my config settings, hre ill put how I did mine:

1.Type “about:config” into the address bar and hit return. Scroll down and look for the following entries:

network.http.pipelining network.http.proxy.pipelining network.http.pipelining.maxrequests

Normally the browser will make one request to a web page at a time. When you enable pipelining it will make several at once, which really speeds up page loading.

1. Alter the entries as follows:

Set “network.http.pipelining” to “true”

Set “network.http.proxy.pipelining” to “true”

Set “network.http.pipelining.maxrequests” to some number like 30. This means it will make 30 requests at once.

1. Lastly right-click anywhere and select New-> Integer. Name it “nglayout.initialpaint.delay” and set its value to “0”. This value is the amount of time the browser waits before it acts on information it recieves.

If you’re using a broadband connection you’ll load pages MUCH faster now!

:grin:

Careful with that one. It can get you banned from some servers (or by your own ISP!), if their firewalls interpret your multiple connections as a DoS attack. The higher you set your pipelining maxrequests to, the higher the chances of having your connection refused.

This actually doesn’t make much of a difference, unless your connection has an amazingly fast band, your processor is very powerful and you’re downright obsessed with velocity. Setting that value to zero will mean that either your firefox will start choking during pageload or it will earn you faster page rendering — but no more than a quarter of second faster…

Exactly, which is why it doesn’t affect loading speed. All it does it shows info as it is received, rather than waiting 10 milliseconds. It doesn’t make anything load faster it is just an illusion.

The speed up firefox rubbish doesn’t actually work, I removed all that stuff from Firefox before installing Seamonkey, FF actually runs faster without it. At least on my system it appears to. I have a 20mb connection so it’s not exactly “slow slow” anyway.

I have firefox so far and I like it. I have the FasterFox - plugin but I don’t really know if it speeds up things or not. I haven’t tested it out like Mohegan did.

But I think the best and favourite browser of mine would be Opera. I just love it. It’s simple, reliable and pretty fast.

Only downside of that is that some websites aren’t Opera friendly and thus the websites look distorted or funny.