The FA topic - Part II

I actually think FAs are pretty cool. I’ve had like 3 of them in the past week, which is weird because I’ve never really gotten a lot before…

The other night I had a FA. I “woke up” in the middle of the night and looked at my digital clock and it said it was 1:44 AM. Then I “fell asleep” again, and when I ACTUALLY woke up my clock said it was only 1:03 AM. I did a RC then, so I knew I was awake and I’d had a FA.

[notice: this post is a little graphic]

I had a few fleeting moments of lucidity last night, followed by the strangest FA to date. In the short moments of lucidity I was opening something with my favorite all-purpose knife when the blade slipped, punctured my artery, and then got stuck under the curve of my jaw.

I woke up in my bed and felt a throbbing pain and warm sensation, the knife was still buried in my jaw and I was bleeding profusely on my bed. I pulled the knife out with a jerk(it’s a CRKT Greg Lightfoot M1, w/ combination edge, if you’re curious as to what was sticking out of my head :O) and applied pressure to my neck. I then tore off my sleeve and used it as a pressure dressing, I couldn’t really feel my body and I tried to yell to anyone for help, but I couldn’t make anything come out, I just rolled of the bed gasping for air. Oddly, when I applied additional pressure to the neck wound, I got tunnel vision and felt moments from passing out. It became quite peaceful, I just lay there on my floor staring at my ceiling thinking ‘so this is what dying feels like’…

I woke up for real shortly thereafter and checked my neck, to my great relief I was still in one piece lol.

wow…thats what happened to me 2 nights ago…

About a week ago, I had this really vivid dream in which I became lucid. But when I woke up from the dream, I was apparently partially out-of-body, except that I couldn’t move anything except my right arm, and when I looked at it, it was nothing but a ghostly silhouette. After looking at my arm and struggling to move, I seemed to wake up a second time, and this time, I was truly awake.
Does this sound like an OBE, or was it just an odd dream? I’ve never had an OBE before, so I can’t compare it to any other experiences.

It wasn’t an OBE
You were probobly still in a dream, it is very common to have dreams where you are still in your bed. This is the main “nemisis” of Lucid dreams because this leads to FA

Could be an OBE could be an FA.

Many people who have unexpected OBEs are unable to control their movements. However, if I was to hazard a guess I would say you have been reading up on OBEs and it influenced a dream in the form of an FA.

I was thinking about FA-s yesterday and some questions came in my mind .

1.) I guess its individual but how many false awakenings do people have per month ? Especially those when they wake up in the middle of the night , dont realize they`re having a FA and fall asleep again ?

2.) Is it possible I wake up in the middle of the night , have a FA , do a RC which is not working ? For example I try to push my hand through the wall but can`t do that ?

3.) I wake up about once every night . I guess it`s because one REM - cycle has finished . Do people wake up after every REM - cycle . If not , why do they sometimes wake ?

4.) Is it possible to increase the number of FA-s ?

Thank you !

1.) I guess its individual but how many false awakenings do people have per month ? Especially those when they wake up in the middle of the night , dont realize they`re having a FA and fall asleep again ?
-I haven’t had any in awhile but when i did it would be when I was napping. with one I did become lucid but i was very ‘retarded’, my body and such was deformed and i couldn’t function, then i woke up.

2.) Is it possible I wake up in the middle of the night , have a FA , do a RC which is not working ? For example I try to push my hand through the wall but can`t do that ?
-Try something simpler (like holding your nose to see if you can still breathe) because you’re still in the ‘This is reality’ state of mind so you might expect your hand to not go through.

3.) I wake up about once every night . I guess it`s because one REM - cycle has finished . Do people wake up after every REM - cycle . If not , why do they sometimes wake ?
-I hear we wake up around 8 times? in the middle of the night, we just don’t notice it.

4.) Is it possible to increase the number of FA-s ?
-Maybe if you keep telling yourself you will. No idea.

I have tried to get into the habit of purposely thinking that I’m in a dream world, trying to spot all flaws in it, to try to convince my SC that I’m dreaming (whether true or not).

I know what you mean. The same things happened to me. I tried to float once in my dream and i didn’t so i never got lucid :meh:. Just try longer i suppose. I gave it about 5 seconds :razz:.

I think I had a FA once . I went to bed at 8 am when it was already getting lighter outside . I fell asleep quickly and woke up . I remember I was thinking about my dream and then fell asleep again . Later that evening when I was filling my DJ I realized it was a FA . I slept on the wrong side of the bed and it was dark outside . It was about 2 months ago . Now I wake up at least once during the night . I do RC every time I wake but I haven`t had any more FA - s . Is it normal ?

And another question . About once a week I go to bed and start to fall asleep . My mind is wondering and Im almost asleep . About 30 minutes later I suddenly think " Hey , Im not sleeping " . I get up , make my bed more comfortabe and fall asleep quickly . I have always thought its strange but could it be FA ? Or is it really possible that right after Ive fallen asleep I wake up ?

I had a false awakining last night and i really had thought i was awake because i had a really scary sad and depressing dream about the end of the world :bambi:. The people were standing in the middle of the street huddled up together and then a steamroller came and crushed them it was a horrible dream then i woke up (in the dream) to my sister asking me if i was ok i was sleeping downstairs on the couch and then i decided to make breakfast i made sausage, scrambled eggs, and bacon, and after breakfast i was even going to go write in my journal about the dream when the scene changed and i dont really remember anything else from the dream but how do you not have false awakinings?

false awakenings are annoying. :grrr:

I really do think I’d be glad just to experience a false awakening of any kind - at least then there might be a chance of going lucid or having a vivid dream I can remember when I wake up. :razz:

I’m sure I’ll later reverse this particular belief, but…at least that’s a dream sign I can make myself remember later on. :happy:

Not if you dont do an RC and actually think you’re awake… Well, I guess that’s why it makes sense to RC right when you wake up in real life then doesnt it.
*is stupid :shy:
I kinda just answered my own point.

Well, I think you can’t avoid FA’s… :sad:

But what you can do is getting in the habit of doing RC’s every time you wake up, so if it is a FA you’ll become lucid!

I’ve had one or two FA’s in my life, but I don’t really find them annoying… I think they’re kind of interesting to look back on.

thank you, the rc is a really good idea.

If I remember correctly, I had a bunch of FA’s as a kid. I always dreamt that I woke up and went to the toilet. Then I woke up for real, had to pee and thought “Huh, didn’t I go to the bathroom five minutes ago? …Oh, I must’ve dreamt that …weird.” It happened almost every day! :razz: Sometimes it even happened many times in a row, I think.

Actually, I think I get FA’s quite often :meh:

Sounds like a great idea. I’ll try that.

I hate these things! Almost every time I get lucid I have a FA and it ends my lucidity!

I think it’s a good idea to not only stay calm and stabilise your dream during lucidity, but also to remind yourself to be aware of FA’s. Or even demand that an FA won’t happen.