2020 Vision

Lucid dream killer (The black void?)

Author  Message 
Kit
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

Lucid dream killer (The black void?)
PostPosted: Fri 11 Jan, 2008  Reply with quote

I have had a major problem with my lucid dreams lately, and I was curious if anyone else experienced this or had a solution.

The more lucid I become, the more likely I am to lose the dream completely. The first thing that happens normaly is my vision switches to third person, and even so I can still move myself from my own eyes and the DC created me. But if I try and act if I am seeing through my own eyes I get thrown out of my lucid body and in to thrid person perspective once more.

The next thing that happens is I am increasingly aware of the fact that I am in my head, I begin to feel my body laying in my bed and the dream fades even more. Often it can only take seconds before everything goes black. From this blackness I can no longer recover a dream, I feel almost like it is because I know the dreams are not real.

Also if I stop to think in my dreams at all the same affect will occur, and every time it results in me waking up suddenly (IRL, I do check for FA's). This has been an increasing problem and is how most of my now incredibly short lucid dreams die.

Sakoda
That's my name.
cookie lover
Scribes
LD count: '09 about 4
Location: Terhe is an icaseinrng duobt of the rtiealy of tihs rlieaty

this must suck badly sadyes , but I've got a couple tips for you which i hope will help you , first you should maybe stop paying so much attention to the fact you are 3rd person (that might sound stupid , but a part seems to be the annoyance about this ) i tend to get 3rd person every so often , its not my favorite perspective , but its not so bad either .

As for the fading to black part , have you tryed doing hand rubbing ? if it is already fading .... geeting less vivid ... you should try to relax , that hopefully will re-deepen the dream , you also can attempt to do WBTB when you wake up , there is a good chance of getting back (if you don't start smacking your head about the ended LD)

regards /me

Fate
Solitary
Dream Deity
Wolfgame
LD count: 16

In addition to hand-rubbing, try to focus your vision at one point, you may yell Lucidity x1000 etc too. In one of my dreams I gained Lucidity. When I began to lose lucidity, I focused my vision on the moon, everything around me went black void, except the moon, then I started rubbing my hands and yelling: I OWN LUCID DREAMS, NOT VICE VERSA! or something like that, it worked tounge1 .
Good luck and I hope you will overcome that problem

Sakoda
That's my name.
cookie lover
Scribes
LD count: '09 about 4
Location: Terhe is an icaseinrng duobt of the rtiealy of tihs rlieaty

aaah , right , i forgot about that one , but a better thing to focus on would be your hands , a near wall or the like , maybe not something as big as the moon , you also can try to make ... via force of will... something appear , (a tiled floor , an apple , the scene you were fading away ..)

Kit
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Sat 12 Jan, 2008  Reply with quote

Thank you for the advice, I have tried those as well though. I am not exactly inexperienced in lucid dreaming, but I think you just helped me realize a major reason I wake up. Focusing on the third person view that is, I never used to do that and when I started doing it the black void started.

Ill try and ignore it tonight and see if it helps turn3

print