The impossible dreamer

Well, im a bit of a problem case. Just about anything that stops LDING from becoming succesful hinders me :razz:. I have basically given up mentally, so MILD is useless, I take a long time to fall asleep, and get overexcited if I feel like I will get lucid. Any advice?

Nothing is impossible! Well, trying to imagine nothing, as in nothing at all…not even color is impossible… Google brilliantdreams or dreamsupplement. I’m not sure if it works though.

maybe take your mind off of focusing on it? dreaming in general I mean.

like, you’re pretty much gonna dream most nights weather you try to or not… getting all excited (or thinking to much about it) may take the fun out of it from your dreaming mind shrug

my advice; expend as much energy during the day and stay way from soda, coffee, redbull, etc (for a few days or something, no need to get all serious about it :smile: )… read a book, ride a bike, watch a movie etc… get to a point that when you go to sleep you, and your mind, are just so worn out you fall asleep pretty quickly…

:thumbs: gl with it all :thumbs:

In my opinion… You shouldn’t use sleeping pills. It makes you depend on the pill to be able to dream and it’s harder to do it naturally.

I believe Henry Ford once said “Those who believe they can and those who believe they cannot are both right.” Making this topic, saying that you are a problem case, and believing that you get overexcited are all counterproductive to your quest. The power to dream is within you, just have faith in it. Pills may work or whatever, but they are still producing an effect that you can produce yourself. It takes more practice for some people to not get excited, but everyone can lucid dream.

My main problem is not that I get excited, or that I am slow to fall asleep, which people seem to focus on, But the fact ive completely lost faith in my abilities. Nearly all Techniques require you to believe it will work, like that Skeleton key movie :razz:

If you persist and keep trying every technique…look at me, i’m trying to have ld again and i haven’t really after weeks BUT this morning after NOT GIVING UP, trying every possible way, i had a low-ld where i was able to use non-normal dream abilities.
The key is that, just keep focusing on 2 things:
PASSION-THE REASON YOU’RE LD’ING
DISCIPLINE-KEEP TRYING AN DON’T GIVE UP.

to fall sleep faster:

1.Eat dark chocolate & banana(back up for DR)
2.drink a Yoga/Kava tea/ sleeping tea(2 cups)
3.lay on bed read a book for 20-30 minutes(mind feels tired)
4. Do MILD for 10 minutes(Almost falling)
5.focus on one item/place you would like to be at in your dream(Welcome 2 Dream World)

no drugs please :cool:

I don’t do drugs :razz: thanks for the food advice

It all comes down to the same thing. believe in yourself. You’ve lost faith? Bring it back. You can force it back, it’s a matter of willpower. Let yourself know that you can do it, because you can. Everyone can, and there’s no exceptions. It will be worth it when it pays off.