Childhood dreams VS. Adult dreams

When I was a kid I used to have alot of reoccuring dreams, and dream themes. I used to always have this nightmare that I was falling off a cliff. I really hated this dream because it used HURT :cry: when I was falling and wouldn’t stop until I finally hit ground. Another reoccuring thing was ninjas, plungers and the big ben clock. :tongue: Ninjas were always attacking me, the plungers were always grabbing me and keeping me from moving, and the big ben clock was always striking 12. :woo: I had these dreams very often but as I got older I gradually stopped having them.

Now that I’m older I dream alot about people and situations rather than random weirdness.

Does anyone have any similar experience with there dreams? I’m just wondering if anyone else had dreams that changed over the years. :eh:

Yeah, childhood…

I still get the occasional bout of randomness, here and there. I think it all has to do with a shift in one’s thinking patterns and other related psychotics, growing up and all…

Although - :eek:

You could be losing your imagination. Have you ever thought of that?

I was joking, btw.

My memory of those childhood dreams is very poor now.
The ones that stand out are the first one I remember which was a recurring dream about a witch and a cauldon and the other one was fighting with my sister and it was so vivid I had to work out if it was real or just a dream when I woke up!
So I don’t think mine have really changed that much. :eh:

edit
:rofl:
after i pressed submit
i remembered the dream i had when i had my first tooth out at the dentist!
I was on a potty in the dream!

so I was having 'Toilets, Toilets, Toilets" dreams then :tongue:

Although i still have some reoccurring dreams, those are somehow different now. For example, over the years i sometimes happen to travel in certain places that don’t exist IRL (or exist partly), but are pretty permanent during many reoccurring dreams.

But reoccurring dreams, that i had during child-(teen)hood, are for example following:

I dance in our living room and i’m covered with white sheets and the same white sheets are covering the whole floor. My dad and mom are eating at the kitchen at the same time, and i see them through the doorway. What’s also peculiar about this dream is, that it’s black-and-white. I don’t remember having almost any black-and-white dreams beside this during my whole life. It must be also pretty early memory, or dream, because i lost my mom when i was 4 years old.

I’m going to school, but my legs are very heavy and weak. I can hardly move, and i’m embarrassed. (This theme probably comes the times when the muscles of my legs were painful after intense running, etc)

The similar theme is my “being chased dreams”. For example, i’m chased by a huge raven. Again i feel weakness/heaviness in my legs, but luckily i manage to run into my home. I try to hide myself while i see the windows darkening, as the shadow of the raven are covering them.

Nowadays, i still have some horror dreams. But unlike in the past, i try to manage in them in more rational way. I give a two examples of my recent horror dreams:

1. i’m in a certain room that is haunted. I notice some ghosts in human form sitting around a table. Instead of being afraid (why should i be afraid of the dead?), i ask them politely to leave the room;

2. i’m peeing in a toilet, but a group of women are trying to break in :happy: They manage to break the door, and i step out. Their eyes are looking weird, so i know that they are not usual humans. I explain them calmly that there is also a women’s toilet near-by.

As far as I can remember (Which is quite much) My dreams have always been either crazy (Funny sense of crazy, not insane sense of crazy) or scary (Which happened less)

I do seem to have more structured dreams, but only when trying to have a DR.