EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 127
LD4ALL 23rd Anniversary Party

What does everyone think of Scientology?

Author  Message 
Amused Himself to Death
pretty close...
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Fri 04 May, 2007  Reply with quote

The guy who founded scientology is quoted as saying: "If you want to become a millionaire, try creating your own religion."

That pretty much sums up my view of scientology: it is a scam to extort money from people who are desperate in times of loss or suffering. It is one of the most despicable things on the planet, because all it does is take advantage of down-and-out people. Basically, what happens once some is initiated into scientology (I refuse to capatalize scientology), is the inner beliefs of the church are slowly revealed to the person joining. They must spend many hours per week at the church, studying, and a high priority is spent to donating money as a way of worshipping. What happens then is that the person who joined lies to themself so much so, because so much effort, time and money was invested in the cause that is scientology, that they refuse to believe that it is a scam, because it would mean that they had wasted say $200,000 dollars, hundreds of days and so much effort. They basically brainwash themselves into believing it is a worthy cause, and it is not. It is a scam.

I read a website a while back on a person who was in the church for 20 years, and had a hell of a time getting out. Couldn't find it again though. Oh well. Now you know the inner truths of scientology, hahahaha :D

The Nameless One
Sleeping Man
cookie lover
LD count: 2 crappy ones

But since they got the money nobody's going to do anything about them, right? Money is one of the best protections you can have.

jagsaw
Dream Deity
Dream Deity

I hate money. The human race is obsessed with it. I would throw mine all away if I didn't need it to live. I hate the stuff. It makes people greedy and stuff and makes nice people into MONSTERS!! Erm, sometimes.

Amused Himself to Death
pretty close...
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Sat 05 May, 2007  Reply with quote

Paradise Lost wrote:
But since they got the money nobody's going to do anything about them, right? Money is one of the best protections you can have.
scientology has some of the best protection in the form of lawyers. They sue the pants off of anyone who tries to speak out about them. Subsequently, people are afraid to speak out, and a chilling-effect is created. These people are crazy man, I'm telling you. I get some comfort, however, from knowing that the higher-ups in it are going to burn in hell for a while, before they atone for their sins. Yes, I am Christian, hahahaha. grin

They say money is the root of all evil. I disagree with that. I believe that it is human nature, greed for self-survival that leads to all this negativity with money. In a perfect world, so many people would not be materialistic, ie. because then people would have less lust after money, because they wouldn't need it. I would rather go for a run than play on the Xbox 360 anyways, but I suppose I am a bit of a hypocrite for owning it in the first place tounge2

<mod>respect other belief systems even if you don't agree with them.</mod>

Bruno
a smiling haze
Globahead
Chat Mods
LD count: a bunch.

PostPosted: Sat 05 May, 2007  Reply with quote

Scientology— lachtraan Pffffffffffffffffffff! tounge2

What I really don't understand is how can people actually buy that. I mean, alien spirit who takes over your mind so that you'll need bloody expensive purification classes to get the thing to bugger off of you? And the guy whom this revelation happened to being an admitedly failed sci–fi writer?

And that doesn't ring any bells to about 10 million people worldwide? eek2

(Then again, there's still people using Hell as an argument, in the 20th century, after it's been academically proved that Hell–as–we–know–it was a medieval folk invention; and after the Holocaust made it clear that judgements of value attached to irrational belief should not have any social roles whatsoever. rolleyes But I stand corrected; in fact, why don't I just poke my conscience with the finger and smell it... I too live in the 20th century and still believe in peace & harmony. Really, we humans do know our way into the realms of fiction...)

jagsaw
Dream Deity
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2007  Reply with quote

bodhibay
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

I think it sounds fun!

Petter
Suddenly Around!
cookie lover
LD count: 5ish

Bruno wrote:
(Then again, there's still people using Hell as an argument, in the 20th century, after it's been academically proved that Hell–as–we–know–it was a medieval folk invention; and after the Holocaust made it clear that judgements of value attached to irrational belief should not have any social roles whatsoever. rolleyes But I stand corrected; in fact, why don't I just poke my conscience with the finger and smell it... I too live in the 20th century and still believe in peace & harmony. Really, we humans do know our way into the realms of fiction...)

Haha, great argument grin

I hadn't heard of it before this topic, but heck. HEY, give us a lot of MONEY and you'll get to KNOW anything, sounds as a *little* fishy.

MadeDCMA
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Tue 15 May, 2007  Reply with quote

hey, i been watching this topic alot and it's a very interesting, i personally believe scientology is a little nutty ( everything i know about scientology comes from "That" south park episode ) but yeah, this is just a question for some of the Americans.

How can these lawyers sue people who speak out about scientology, i thought you guys had an amendment (1st or 2nd) that allowed free speech? what i'm getting at is how would these lawyers go about sueing people?

it'd be great if someone could clear that up for me cheers.

The Nameless One
Sleeping Man
cookie lover
LD count: 2 crappy ones

Cause they don't want to be exposed and don't give a dam* about freedom of speech. Why? Because otherwise they'd lose their huge source of free shinies.

Slinking_Ferret
eh lef THER ee oss
Astral Explorer

No no, you see they gave me a FREE personality test. It said I was depressed and needed to pay them money to fix me up.

I really don't understand how you can believe the stuff Scientology says, now I know there are some freaky religions out there. But Scientology says that if your family tried to get you out then you have to relinquish all contact with them.

Now in all churches you need to pay money so they can work, help people and the such, But how many churches make you spend thousands of dollars to hear their secret doctrine? That is available on the internet.

(Whether the information I got is wrong or not these are my views and do not reflect the views of LD4all or it's affiliates. Please don't sue. - John Doe)

Fadem
Dream Deity
Dream Deity
LD count: Not Enough

PostPosted: Mon 21 Jan, 2008  Reply with quote

Project Chanology: I aprove.

Scientology is just a for-profit organization, far from being a religion.
Proof. It's just some stuff L. Ron Hubbard made up for fun -either that or he is very delusional!-... and people are still believing it today?

Draginvry
Living on Hado
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Mon 21 Jan, 2008  Reply with quote

Chris.I wrote:
i thought you guys had an amendment (1st or 2nd) that allowed free speech?

Free Speech doesn't mean you can say anything you want. For example, I can't yell "fire!" in a crowded theater. Unless there is actually a fire.

Scientology can sue people for slander and violation of copyrighted materials, among other things.

Sakoda
That's my name.
cookie lover
Scribes
LD count: '09 about 4
Location: Terhe is an icaseinrng duobt of the rtiealy of tihs rlieaty

PostPosted: Wed 06 Feb, 2008  Reply with quote

hey , has anybody heard of the raid various "anymous boards plan ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCbKv9yiLiQ&feature=re lated

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_3DpGT1roU

I ask myself howmany will really come and demonstrate ....
what i definetly dont agree with is DoS'sing another organisations site for lack of other measures ...

Mighty Mutant
Paszynski For All
Somniologist
LD count: Around 20

PostPosted: Wed 06 Feb, 2008  Reply with quote

I want to make some money.

Now... what sells to gullable people?... aliens.... possession... self improvement....

Ok... now what about a nice exotic name for the evil alien.... something with an 'X' or a 'Z' will do the trick.. how about 'Xenu'... yeah that sounds cool, I use that.

print