Going through mirrors

One time when i looked in a mirror, I told it to show me my true self. What followed was a weird mental “cutscene” that showed images I interpret as a sort of “precognition” (though i don’t believe in it) of me going insane someday and there was an image of a murdered boy with much blood. I then returned to standing by the mirror. It was like, “flashbackstyle”. I didn’t see it in the mirror. it was, well like in movies when they have flashbacks or visions. I guess it isn’t directly related to mirrors. Examine your image! You might look different. My hair is often different in dream mirrors. It’s also weird when you have no image.

Never heard of mirrors in LD but I will definetly try this out :grin:

I’m going to try this out…
once I have my first LD! Gah!

What does usually happen when u jump into a mirror? :eh:

Read the topic. Usually it might lead you to a place you want to go, or a place which is beautiful and fun. Sometimes it drops you off the scene into a black void.

It’s all pretty random. You cannot really know where it leads you until you try it.

It’s definitely one of those things that’s different for everyone. It used to be that it always guaranteed an entrance into a magical dream realm for me, but in the last few years it has sometimes meant entering a void of black nothing. So perhaps you could report back to us and tell us what happens when you do it…

When I tried to jump through the mirror in a normal dream, I actually could not jump through the mirror, it was solid :o

I’ve only gone through a mirror once, but when I did I ended up on my side, like I was sleeping, and I was trapped in this white box, and then I guess all the sides enclosed or something, it was kinda like a feeling of glass shards coming at me, but it didn’t hurt, but I couldn’t see the glass shards, and I was randomly transported somewhere else afterward. Very hard to explain. You’d have to be there :tongue:

I had a lucid dream yesterday morn, and I remembered to try and walk through a mirror! Somehow I couldn’t immediately conjure up a mirror coz I felt like I’d wake up if I tried too hard and tried to go through a shiny floor :razz: but then the mirror appeared on a wall as I had intended. I first put my hand through it and when it went through, I walked through it. As I was crossing the mirror, I saw myself change. My skin turned purple and decayed. On the other side was a room. An empty, damp, mouldy, dirty, dark room. It was creepy.

Suddenly I felt scared that if I wake up while on the other side, real life would be like that room! So I felt like walking right back, but didn’t. I walked around the room but soon found another mirror, so I went back and woke up immediately.

It was an eerie experience!

I have some experience with mirrors. At LC there is few mirrors and when i want to go to LC I am going through mirror or doors.

You and me both.
I can’t wait for an LD - when I think about it, it’s so simple. I know that I control myself in my dreams, and that i’m aware of it, but when I wake up, I think: “OH DAMN! Why didn’t I RC?”, and get a bit annoyed. I can’t wait to control everything in my own little universe :happy:

I been reading that mirrors are some kind of portal. I’m also trying to become lucid so I can have an OBE and jumping through a mirror is a great way to do it. :mirror:

i’ve never thought about going through a mirror before though the way people have described the feeling i don’t think i’d want to :bored:

That is absolutely why I wouldn’t do it. I read a lot of horror novels when I was younger and I really like supernatural programmes and films but far too many of them use mirror imagery as a catalyst for ‘the scary bit’. There’s one book, I think it’s by James Herbert called Mirror where there was a whole other universe behind them, strangely paralleling our own. Ah,No, couldn’t do it. I don’t fancy dieing of a heartattack in my sleep thankyou very much. :scared:

I had lots of ld’s before with mirrors but was too scared to go through them. even looking at them wud freek me out cus it would show me but something moving in the background sometimes. a few nights ago i looked in a mirror while lucid but it just showd myself normally so i decided to just stick my hand through it. i put one finger on it but it was solid. i tried putting my whole hand into it but it was solid only for a wierd estatic feeling all over the mirror, and around a centimetre of wierd tinsel that i cud put my hand through but not the mirror. wierd lol

I have had some amazing experiences from doing this thanks to Q’s input. Going through mirrors the first time didnt work but my reflection talked to me, a few other times it has felt like moving through tingles and water and the last time i melded with the mirror it waas like jelly and then like the old show sliders when you go through a portal, i usally end up in a black void and wake up or in another place all together sometimes with lucidity sometime with out interesting

Going through mirrors in lucid dreams is not a bad thing. I have been doing it in my lucid dreams since 1980. I figured if Alice could go through the looking glass and have such a positive experience (well, with a few iffy moments), so could I.

Last night i had a lucid dream :happy: Hoorah, as my last one had been on July 16th.
Anyhoo, i had forgotten my intentions, but i was randomly levitating around, and i saw a mirror which reminded me that I’ve always wanted to go through one.
So i sorta ran up to it and pushed myself through it.
It was kind of cold and it was swirly and silver around me. Like moving through a metallic gel. Anyway this options things popped up and it gave me the option of what room i would like to go to. This was a surprise, and i picked Lion Cavern… but that is another story. :content: Anyway!
My question is:

What was it like for you to go through a mirror? Did you get a selection on where you wanted to go? Did you find it hard to get through?

Just wondering… xx

I have just experienced the going through the mirror the 16th of July in a lucid dream and what I found behind looks like what you saw too : I enountered a thick and silver-coloured substance. This scared me a little and I went back into the room.

I went o t thrrough a mirror in the internet, that wqas the end of the Ld bec. as i want to meet s.o by coming to his Hp i just saw pictures from Mario (i lost the lucidity)) and then my ´mind was on a side of the hp able to create pictures from 3 Persons i know by walking through a lake, but this persons dont like e o. So i rememberd to meet him but it didnt work so I woked me from the dream bec. it was all black (if ya want you can read how i induced it etc. in my DJ)
^^