Shadow beings

I am not a hundred percent sure I have understood what you mean by “creatures of darkness”. Are you speaking about a being from another realm that can embody humana form - but without details such as faces? Or are you speaking of normal people making deals with satan? Or are you speaking of demons and angels?

I must say that, regardless of my question, you should not see light and darkness as aligned to either good or evil. Because it is a common stereotype, that does not make it true.

I know my statements kinda layed it out as left or right…

Although, I have a similiar sentiments to your words…

Recently I have been learning to understand that regardless of alignment everything is one…Light and Dark, Good and Evil, Happiness and Sadness, etc…
However, that idea has been a little bit disconcerting…

As in, if we were all to become one then what happens to identiy and uniqueness.

I cherish the separtion of the choice between one or the other… unfortunately it seems this reality has created this definate separation between the two (+ the little grey in the middle)

I don’t have anything against those that choose opposites to I… I completely respect them, and love them… At least they have made a choice…

I am curious to understand what you mean by that… like, do you mean earth is traveling through a “shadow” space now? or something else…?

I really enjoy hearing other peoples perspective on things… :smile:

There was a point in that spiel where you said people might think your nuts, but I don’t think your nuts. I think your crazy! :grin:

But in the best possible way!

Edit: Damn, this is a lot longer than I was expecting. Try to read it anyway though; I promise it will be worthwhile.

Ok so I’ve done a lot of personal mind exploration and experimentation. On top of that, I’m kind of crazy. I’ve always been. I think I’m bipolar or something, but I’ve always (yes, always) felt like I had a close connection to the spirit world. Raised a Roman Catholic, and very intelligent, I questioned the beliefs of the Catholic Church, then eventually threw them away. My exploration and journey is a living process, but what I have come to believe now, is that human life is an embodiment of good and evil, the light and good, whatever. We have plenty of ways to say it, I will call it good and evil. I’ve recently began questioning what makes the good so good? What makes bad so bad? Nothing is the answer. Society has simply trained us to believe that the right way is good, and perhaps that is better, because it will ensure a longer survival of our species.

Now I’ve heard voices. Sober and not, but the clearest ones were sober. I’ve heard a voice that’s obviously come from above, questioning me and making me realize how “bad” what I’ve been doing is, but in a way that makes it seem “okay” because this voice is forever-forgiving. I made this voice out to be that of God. I still have my qualms about whether God is personal to the individual consciousness or if God is a shared infinity. Now we’ve always learned to listen to that voice of God, but isn’t that a bit biased? Here is where I begin to step on my Catholic teachings. One day I was zoning out, with my eyes (not eyelids) going lower and lower. I let it happen; I looked at the ground and heard what I made out to be the devil.

“Hi Brian,” it said. “I know you’ve been thinking about me.”

Yeah, it was kind of creepy at first, but how else would the Devil begin a conversation? I still haven’t let myself hear him out completely, but what I have come to conclude is that I (and I believe everyone else, as well, although I haven’t experienced anything from someone else’s consciousness of course) have and equal good and bad side. [Every] human does. Other entities in this world may be good or bad. Entities not limited to certain spirits, energies, and the like, but also actions and events. There’s either a “positive” or “negative” result.

I’m becoming increasingly interested in the dark side. We’re surrounded by all these messages telling us to be good, be good. You read the Bible and learn how to love. You go to mass and learn how to forgive. I find the light to become a bit suspicious. There’s no letting us in on what goes on in the dark side. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT GOES ON. I WILL FIND OUT. I promised myself I would not harm anyone else and I would not harm myself in this journey. As long as I abide by those rules I believe I can venture deep into the realms of hate, regret, fear and learn to control them as I have learned to control love, forgiveness, and trust.

So about these “shadow beings” or shadow people as my druggie friends like to call them, I believe they’re always there. You know the whole etheric/astral plane thing? I think about it like this. Through our human senses, we know of 3 dimensions: x, y, and z, sometimes t if your considering time a dimension, and you can go ahead and do that if you want. I believe sometimes, we are able to, with powers that we are less aware of than our 5 senses, experience a 5th, and maybe 6th, 7th, etc. dimension. Let’s say we had x, y, z, and w. Forget about time right now (although perhaps it is equivalent to w). Our physical, “perceived” (through our humanly 5 obvious senses) image of the world is what I will call the physical plane. Perhaps the etheric/astral (I don’t know too much about that terminology. Some of those readings kill me because I disagree so much with them) planes have the same x, y, and z coordinates, but a different w. Making the plane in the same physical place, yet somewhere else. Maybe a different time if t=w.

Maybe, just maybe, we are always subconsciously accessing a 6th sense that lets us experience a positive value of w, bringing us into a heavenly, “good” earth experience. We know about drilling things into our subconscious by repetition, vocalizing, reading, experiencing. These are things that are influenced upon us by the media, church, and government…different forces with different programs for us. If we truly wish to open our minds, shouldn’t we be able to zoom out, subconsciously as well as consciously, and make that w value negative. Maybe we can have our perception in two of these “w” locations at once. We will be able to experience the good simultaneously with the bad, and see things for what they really are.

There’s so many ways I can go with this. See, if t=w…then is heaven the beginning, and hell the end? The story goes that God created the world, right? Maybe to ensure survival of this world we are to follow the good, so that the evil never takes over, for when it does, the Devil will destroy it. Maybe that conclusion is way off? I think there’s more we have to think about. The human race could make so much more progress if its thoughts weren’t plagued by such bullshit (pardon my French) on a daily basis. Just telling yourself you want to lucid dream effects your subconscious, so does everything the programmers (gov’t, religion, etc). Keep it in mind, and think about it. I think the shadow people are always there, but we can only see them in certain states of mind that let us experience them.

I learned a lot just typing this, it helps to get it out somewhere. There’s a lot of ways to look at this, just make sure you’re looking at ALL of it.

See, shadow people are most commonly seen when : A. You are on something green, or B. You haven’t slept in over 24 hours.

Shadow people are hallucinations. That is why you never really see them. You will catch a glimpse most commonly amongst other shadows of different objects. You aren’t seeing creatures from another plane. Of course I cannot prove this, and would like to think otherwise, but I firmly believe they are simply products of our mind.

Yes, i must agree with Lizard King here. There in no explanation for Shadow people, because they are simply tricks our mind is playing. Maybe sometimes we can feel the presence of something dark, like bad energy or a spirit but not actual people. There are evil humans, psycho killers, ones who tend to harm others and cause pain, people who send bad energy vibes but not ‘creatures of the darkness’. But that’s of course just my opinion, i could certainly be wrong.

i personally believe they exist as i have on a few occasions seem them; and not just out of the side of my eye or always while tired (though in most cases i admit i may of been), but directly

though i have never perceived really a threatening feeling from any of them (with one exception but i have no idea why that one time was different)

Hm, Im gonna throw in my two cents. I just wanted to say that I have seen a certain shadow being twice at my old house. And I wasnt on anything green(and never have been) and had plenty of sleep. One of these two times, my brother saw the exact samething at the same time as me. Im not saying this couldnt be a trick of the light or mind, just thought it is an interesting experience to throw in. Of course that was many years ago and I havent actually seen anything (besides tricks of the mind after watching scary movies:-P) in years.

I have to disagree. The two cannot exsist without each other, but that certainly does not make them the same. Male, and Female, are different, but we would die if there was only one. They aren’t the same, though.

Nature has a wonderful way of surviving, some species are capable of laying/growing/fertilising their own eggs in the absence of the opposite gender. Whether the absence of one gender may cause humans to evolve in such a way is unknown, but just remember hermaphrodites do exist already. It would only have to become more common place with the ability of fertilisation via ones own sperm.

Likely? No. Impossible? Definitely not.

I see what you mean by that.

Yet I think what I was trying to say is that male and female could be perceived as one because essentially they are both human. While they may have their obvious differences and one could not exist without the other, they are still both one thing we call, “human”.

Just like good and evil they have their very distinct differences yet they may both fall into the same general classification. This is where I come to a hard point by thinking about what classification may fit well with good and evil.

:smile:

Good and Evil is a human term to define right and wrong. The problem trying to classify it is because it comes down to nurture.

Western culture would call cannibalism evil, yet there are still some tribes that follow such practises. Do they consider themselves evil? Did Hitler consider himself evil? Good and Evil is more an opinion than a fact, our views of what is good and evil comes from our upbringing and those we are around. Can good and evil really exist, if there are no global agreements from each individual as to what is good and evil? Or is Good and Evil no more than a concocted dream. Inevitably, good and evil is individual and it is our choice what we are and what falls under either side.

well said!

These “shadow beings” sound to me like astral vampires. An astral vampire (also called an energy/psychic vampire) is basically a spirit that vampirically saps energy from the living to preserve its own astral body and therefore remain earthbound. They are often described as dark, shadowy figures, humanoid in shape, & sometimes with glowing red eyes. There are plenty of books on this, and thankfully, purification rituals that can rid oneself of his/her vampire problem.

May I recommend Vampires, The Occult Truth? It’s very informative & provides self-defense instructions. :garlic:

I used to see shadow people plenty. I would lie awake the night seeing them standing over my bed, waiting in the doorway, or flitting through the hallway outside. It should however be pointed out that I suffer from severe insomnia, and at the time was not taking any medication for this, leaving me prone to dreamlike hallucinations. Now I should also point out that at the time of these hallucinations I had also been playing around with ouija boards. I began hearing things and seeing things more frequently, became heavily paranoid and ever more frightened and introverted.

My GP says that I had a minor nervous breakdown from not being able to sleep, a perfectly rational explanation. But then, at the same time, what about the ouija board? I closed it down properly a few days after I started taking meds for my insomnia. Since then I haven’t I had any instances of “shadow people”. I don’t think I’ll ever know whether it was down to the insomnia or dabbling with the occult.

But what I would suggest, is that if you are seeing “shadow people” whilst you are awake it might be worth just getting yourself checked over by a doctor, or just talking to somebody who’s point of view is based more in science than in the occult.

By shadow people, do you guys mean the glimpse of something ( not always a figure ) out of the corner of my vision? Usually when I turn to look, there is nothing there, but you all seem to be talking as if you can sit and stare at them.

I’ve really only heard people mention Shadow People once before and it was after friends of mine had eaten a certain fungus of Mario and Luigi’s choice.

Shadow beings…hmmm. That’s intriguing.
Does anybody have a link at all? I’ve never heard of other people talk about them but, when I was a little girl I used to see all sorts of shapes and shadows. I just dismissed it as my crazy imagination but…if other people see them too, perhaps it wasn’t just me.

There are a few websites on shadow people if you search google… its even on wikipedia.

My understanding is that these are demons (or rather evil entities) existing in the lower astral planes. They feed on fear and negativity and I have fought with many of them many times. There seems to be some sort of heirachy as each time I defeat one I am presented with a harder one to beat the next night. It eventually got to a stage where I was facing a very difficult being to overcome and after beating it the attacks stopped altogether.

EDIT: click the link in my signature to read my encounters in my DJ

what are the difference between seeing a shadow being in real life then seeing one while within a lucid dream?
you cant call em hallucinations when people are awake!
possibly the ones you see while in sleep paralysis could/might be hallucinations
but dont simply say its this or that, because dreaming is still a freaking mystery!
when people make out there a dream expert or something, it pisses me off
i have only experienced shadow beings within lucid dreams and not while i been in sleep paralysis, i have also never seen one in real life, i wouldnt want to.
i’m guessing the ones people see irl and the ones people encounter while lucid could be the same ones, but serousily people are intitled to there opinions
just dont make out your on your high horse or something, and say its this or dat
because we dont know everything do we? and if you claim you do, your just making your selves look foolish & ignorant
im not saying the things people see while in sleep paralysis are real or are hallucinations, im saying we dont know

Meh… they don’t exist. Plain and simple.