What questions do you ask DC's?

I’ve never really had much experience with DC’s. But i do have quite a few things i’d like to ask…Random questions…“whats the meaning of life…” “what cures cancer…”
I want to see what my subconcious spits out at me.

I also want to ask whats going to happen in the day that i dreamt this. I want to see if they can somehow predict a certain situation that will arise in that day.
The only thing i’ve managed to do with DC’s so far is tease them for being fake. :content: I just cant help it sometimes.

“What’s your name?”
Responses I’ve gotten:
The funny (“Why, I’m Bowling Bonnie!”)
The sincere but a little off (“I’m Propellor. Prop, if you want.”)
The evasive answer (“What do you want it to be?”)
The mumbly refusal to answer clearly no matter how many times I ask, and, of course,
the complete refusal to even acknowledge that I’m talking to them.

There are a few other things, but I don’t remember them.

DC’s i usually ask “can i speak with my SG” or “can i speak with my DG” then when I see my SG i ask things like :
“whats it like to be a spirit?”
“what happens when I die?”
“how do i ascend?”
“what advice can u give me?”
DG’s i ask things like :
“how can i stay lucid for longer?”
“can you take me to or ?”

Why bother talking to a DC when you can talk to your DG or SG. Dont get me wrong, DC’s have a lot to offer - just not as much as a DG or SG can offer and we talk to DC’s all the time.

I had a wierd conversation with a DC in an ND a while back… I think it went something like this…

Me: Can you tell me the answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything?
DC: Yes.
Me: Will you tell me?
DC: Yes.
Me: Tell me, then!
DC: The answer is 42.
Me: Really?!
DC: No.
Me: Then what is it?
DC: You have to find out for yourself.

And then I woke up and had a headache all morning. :razz: Weird.

I used to ask random DC’s , “When will it happen”. None of them seemed to like that questions they would always give me glares, or run away, or tell me I shouldn’t be asking about things like that. Subsequently I’ve stopped asking that question. shrug

One of my most memorable question \ answers was with one DC.

Rare: “Which do you prefer. The normal world, or the dream world.”
DC: “Well the dreamworld is nice and all, but on the otherside, (where you exist), you get to be free”.

I didn’t get a chance for any follow up questions, and my mind as been curious as to the meaning of the answer for a while now…

(BTW: great thread!! would be nice to couple with a “Questions that DC’s ask you” thread as well.)

Well, I usually don’t talk to DC’s, because it’s not often I get the chance…

On 23rd December: Some of my idols were in my dream. I talked to one of them:
DC: Guess what! Guess what!
Me (very happy): Hi !
DC: Eh… Hi Lars Anders (That’s not even my name. He looked at me as he didn’t like me)
Guess what!!
Me and some other people: What?
DC (smiles): I got the Streptrons Syndrome!
Us: What’s that?

Then I woke up.

I don’t know what “streptrons syndrome” is or where he got “Lars Anders” from… Nice talking to him anyway.

Oddly, when I am lucid, the majority of people I talk to listen attentively, but don’t have much to say. They just smile vacantly and pay attention to me.

The Rev

I generally ask them things like, “Do you know this is a dream?” though I also like to ask them what sort of advice they can give me (though I haven’t actually gotten any really deep/insightful responses, as far as that goes :tongue: ).

L :woo: L (Made my day)

Pretty deep response, seems like it wasn’t a regular DC.

That was funny too. :content:

On my case, i asked a DC: ''What is a DC?", she just petrifily stayed there staring at me and chaging her appearance from Madonna to a blurry woman.

Yah, I stumble across them from time to time… Great conversations though!

I normally don’t ask my DCs questions. I more make comments to them. My most memorable conversations with them:

Me: Hey there, how are you?
DC: Mumble mumble mumble
Me: …What?
DC: MUMBLE MUMBLE MUMBLE
Me: …Uh, ok…
DC: Mumble mumble
Me: Blink blink Walks away

~~~

Me: In a classroom full of my friends in my dream …Hey, wait a second… I’m dreaming!
Every DC: Glares at me as if I’m crazy, but simply nods
Me: What?

~~~

Me: So, what’s it like to be a dream character?
DC: Well… It’s a bit depressing, really. Everyone who comes through my diner has some problem and I’ve got to break it up.
Me: I see…
DC: And ever since my husband died, I’ve been running this place. Did you know back in the 60’s we met Elvis Blah blah blah
Me: Mmhmm… Listens politely

My dream characters are so rude and indifferent that I’m thinking about giving THEM the cold shoulder first, before they even get a chance to give it to me. There have been precious few of them who were actually talkative and lively in response to my conversation with them.

I ask them questions relating to the situation (I’m usually quite logical in dreams). If there’s a problem, I ask them for advice, unless I’m shy or I don’t trust them. It’s the same as I would do in reality.

well, sadly, i haven’t had a lucid dream yet, but here’s an idea-

-Magnify your voice (however you want), or just yell, and say “whoever spontaneously combusts first get a nickel!!” and see what they do… they could glare at you and give you dirty looks, appear as if constipated in a futile attempts to gain a nickel, or they could erupt in flames or candy, or whatever :slight_smile:

my dc’s lie to me and tell me i’m not dreaming

ill usually tell them why arnt u telling me its a dream!?!?!?!
then they say its funner if you find out on your own…
and then i bust em into flames >:)

I should talk more with my DC’s… I usualy just say “I’m dreaming!!” and they say “Really!?” in a sarcastic or truely curious way, lol…

My DCs have varying responces.

If they are a person I know in real life, they will have no idea they are a DC. In addition, my lucid powers will shut off by talking to them, and I will not be able to use my powers to show them.

If they are a person I do not know, then they do one of two things:

1. Nothing, as in they don’t do anything different from a “normal” dream dream character.
  2. They tell me I’m lucid. Very rare though.

In my last two dreams I’ve asked: “Did you know that I’m dreaming?”

In the first one:
DC: Really? (not very interested)
Me: Yup. So I’m going to fly away now.
DC: Cool.

Tonight the DC didn’t care. She just said: “Ok”

Wow, interesting answer. Must have been an extraordinary DC. you should follow up with them. :razz:

My DC tend to be people from RL and think they are actually that person…so its never too fun. :sad: