Why would I do this?

A few weeks ago I became lucid within a dream. It was based around driving cars and racing motorbikes. There were a few of us in, what felt like, an American town at night just basically hanging out. During one of the Bike races my ride got smaller and slipped out from under me, still traveling forwards. I held onto the grips, stepped onto the floor and flipped the bike right over. It continued to get smaller until it was like one of those micro mini bikes. At this point I became lucid realized what I’d just done and looked around me. I then made a conscious decision (if you’ll pardon the pun) not to continue with lucidity because it didn’t look very interesting! :confused: I know that I could have taken control and moved it on somwhere else but it was as if I really couldn’t be bothered. :ack:

So as I say, Why would I have done this and is it going to affect my LD ability in the future? I mean I never really had to try too hard to DILD or even MILD but I didn’t think that I would ever had thought it wasn’t worth it.

:cry: Please have pity on a poor forlorn Angelmouse. :sad:

Aww. Too bad, don’t worry. This happened to me too, and it was far more stupidier than yours.

On my first LD night (My LD lasted basically the whole night) I woke up into FA. I did a RC and noticed I was dreaming. Then I decided to just go back to sleep. I was really tired. :razz:

Now what a waste is that?

And for why you didn’t want to continue the dream.

Maybe you were just half concious. Like, your sub concious and your concious were battling between control. Then you felt like it was a bad place to stay and decided to leave.

But I’m sure you’ll get more LDs.

Sorry to hear! :sad:
I’ve never done that, but I’ve done many other things that made me want to kick myself when I woke up… Yeah, you were probably half conscious. There are lots of different levels of lucidity, so maybe you just were not “lucid enough” to think straight, if that makes any sense… I don’t believe it will affect your LD’s in the future… it’s probably just a random thing. :tongue:

It happens. We often have faulty logic when we’re in dreams. It’s like if you wake up in the morning and talk to someone and tell them a whole load of gobbledygook. The dream happens mainly in the subconscious creative part of the brain, which isn’t particularly gifted in thinking straight. I had a similar dream recently. I was watching birds in my garden, as I often do when I’m home from uni. My uncle was there too. Then these really strange exotic birds started coming into the garden, and my uncle was surprised and asked what was going on. I remembered a similar dream that I’d had where strange birds and a dinosaur came into the garden, and casually told him “It must be another one of my dreams. Remember the last one with the dinosaur?”. I had just told my uncle that it was a dream but hadn’t listened to myself, and just carried on normally, watching a parrot and a dozen parakeets in the garden. I kicked myself when I woke up :grrr: .

Don’t worry, it was probably because you weren’t fully lucid and weren’t thinking straight. I had an LD once and I told myself to wake up because people were fighting and I didn’t like it. I could have made them disappear but no, I chose to wake up. lol.

Thanks peeps I feel loads better knowing that I’m not the only one. :cool: I definately need to work on my control though.

I’ve had dreams like that Mighty Mutant. It’s mad to see them all sat in the trees like they belong there. :eh: Mine had loads of love birds in one tree, there must’ve been about 30 of them.

I guess there are different levels of lucidity I was just a bit thrown with this one because I remember very clearly thinking ‘this dream isn’t very interesting; I can’t be bothered being lucid’. Nevermind, I’ll have one soon I’m sure. :smile:

You’re not the only one. When it happened to me, i was sitting on my bed and i looked at my hands and knew that i was dreaming. I looked at my clock but i wasn’t looking at it :confused: Then I said, i’m lucid so what? and i went back to sleep in my dream bed and woke up. I felt really stupid and then i just fell asleep and got a ND :sad:

I have no idea why the heck i did that either…
Like jagsaw said, prolly wasnt thinking straight er wasn’t fully lucid.

Ya a couple times i went back to a ND, but i dont know if thats the same as yours. I didnt have control when this happened though.

What really got me…the dream carried on anyway!

Hasn’t affected my ND ability though so I’m sure it wont have had an effect on my LD’s. I’m just really looking forward to my next one now. :wink: