Religion forcing survey

ok, this may not seem like a deal to you, but this abolutely annoys me!

I don’t know how they get away with this stuff. So here I am taking the free survey from the little ads i always click on ld4all. (what…? everyone does that.)

and it takes me to this survey. So im thinking cool and taking it, until i get to this one question that just rips at your guts mocking you.

img61.imageshack.us/my.php?image=whatxu2.jpg

move over hitler, adyieldmanager is taking over.

:neutral:

Dangit. Where’s the “Yes but I meditate” option?

Why, God? WHY!!

:rofl: which is where my religion comes in handy.

put short (in an unprecise yet valid way), i’m my own god. so, yes! i do have spiritual guidance from god. what? you didn’t ask which one! :razz:

you must be in the midst of spiritual crisis or something to be affected by that question like that…

or is there something im not getting?

sure, the question oversimplifies the most complex and important question, ever, perhaps, but how is that new to western society?

what’s the problem with the question?

hahaha, why does that offend you so much? Is this an atheist thing, something like one of em dog whistles, that can only be heard by dogs?

That is a pathetic question.

It suggests you can only get spiritual guidance if you believe in a deity, or if you go by the phrasing of the answer, only if you are Christian.

Such a close minded fool that wrote that one. I pity them.

You honestly can’t see it?

Lots of people have a spiritual outlook on life, but don’t necessarily believe in a god. This questions leaves them unable to express that. The best they can do is “No, but I meditate”, which, from the quiz’s point of view, is the same as saying, “I have no real spiritual guidance.”

You’re forced to pick between, “I believe in God and therefore have spiritual guidance,” or, “I don’t believe in God and therefore cannot have any spiritual guidance whatsoever.”

It’s only an online quiz, so I wouldn’t take it too seriously, but the question could have been written better.

what’s even the point of that quiz?

how does spiritual guidance, extreme sports, and anxiety fit together? it makes no sense!

i bet it was made JUST to cause unnecessary conflict on forums.

But to anyone who would argue either way, i say, who cares? It’s a dumb online quiz, no more meaningful then finding out which final fantasticy character you are or which onkie bongo song you are!

You gotta learn to put up with closed-minded idiots… I know I have…

Ever been told that you’re going to burn in hell because you’re an athiest? That’s a fun one.

“Yeah, i’m going to burn for all eternity in a place I don’t believe in… Brilliant threat there, mate.”

There is something worse than close minded people.

I know someone who declares anything spiritual to be the devil, unless it is something to do with them directly, then all of a sudden it is of god.

ever been told that you’re an ignorant moron who is lesser then dirt and only lives to cause misery to others because you’re a theist? That’s just as fun, i assure you

The door swings both ways, never forget that.

What if you tell a theist: “God told me to be an atheist”?

I never said that you didn’t get that sort of abuse. I was simply stating that some christians take things way out of hand, and I have actually been told those things.

I’m not having a go at all christians, just the ones that deem everything different to be evil, and speak without thinking. :smile:

hahahaha yes i see it now. i just naturally associate God with conepts like this and id not realize anything amiss. Guess the writer of the survey isnt the only person being close minded, eh?

Wow, that was a fun one to read thru. :bounce:

Anyway, yes guy with the hitman avatar, you were right on the money (no pun intended) with the reason this upsets me. And yes I get that its an online quiz, but I expect nothing less than perfection if i go thru 10 pages of clicking ‘no’ on the ad offers just to take it.

And finally, extreme sports, spiritual guidance and anxiety were questions to a ‘when will you die’

and of course yes, i was expecting it to be pitifully corny and inaccurate.

:wink: