How did YOU learn to LD? - Part II

Page 1 of 12Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Author  Message 
Serith
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

How did YOU learn to LD? - Part II
PostPosted: Wed 27 Feb, 2008  Reply with quote

<mod>This is part II of the "How did YOU learn to LD?" topic.
Part I
dragon </mod>

I think I might have first learned lucid dreaming as a way to deal with nightmares, but I'm not certain, as I was very young when I first began lucid dreaming. Back then, I only had lucid dreams about once every few months, but over the past couple years, I've managed to increase that frequency to once every few days by using auto-suggestion and reality checks.

Freya
-closer in dreams-
Novice dreamer
LD count: EverySoOften

PostPosted: Fri 29 Feb, 2008  Reply with quote

By just learning about it, and then some months later or something I got one so I started reading about them again...
I procrastinate so much ;_; I need to do the wake up early for an hour then go back sleep thing x_o I did that kinda once..but by accident :3

thundhar
LD count: 2

PostPosted: Mon 17 Mar, 2008  Reply with quote

i learned to LD just by reading about it on this site. and tonight i think (no i know ) i had my first LD. and the best thing about it is it was awesome, this site rocks and all you people here rock also. if i keep going this way ill post my DJ soon. thank you all for your advice and your tips on how to LD. your all just awesome smile

chickenleggz
[AT,C] Mo Fo
Somniologist
chickenleggz has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 10

PostPosted: Tue 18 Mar, 2008  Reply with quote

2nd try smile tried WILD first time didnt work to well for me... scary as ***

Termal
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
Termal has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

I red about LD's in Esquire. I found a lot of webpages about LD's ... So I was trying it and first day I try it I did it smile

Tundra
Wolf of The Dawn
Dream Deity
Tundra has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

I have always LD'd...I never knew what it was until I found this site... I'm very lucky actually, its a shame that not everybody can naturally do it..one person at my school paid £299 for a machine that gave him LD's and it doesn't work that well either...sadblauw

Kristopher
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 1 i think :S

PostPosted: Fri 02 May, 2008  Reply with quote

I mixed WILD with MILD

It worked until I chickened out confused

Chris01
Just some random guy
Novice dreamer
LD count: 63

PostPosted: Fri 09 May, 2008  Reply with quote

I found out about it on www.psipog.net, then started reading www.dreamviews.com, writing a DJ and doing RCs. Had my first one after 3-4 days. It lasted a couple of
seconds and then I had a FA. angry

Stricken
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: Dozens.

PostPosted: Mon 02 Jun, 2008  Reply with quote

I'd already had several lucid dreams on accident as a kid, and at that time just saw them as a way to occasionally have superpowers. Never really knew about the concept of lucid dreaming, and at the time I didn't actually think it was possible to dream more than once or twice a month. Yet somehow, I managed to accidentally realize I was dreaming once every year or two. After awhile, one of my dreams really got my interest, and that's how I ended up finding this site.

bob917209
Hey, I gots a star!
Novice dreamer
LD count: 4.5 thus far

PostPosted: Fri 06 Jun, 2008  Reply with quote

Well, first I was on Wikipedia ( bow ), looking something up for school. And as such, the temptation of links was irresistible. So, I eventually found the page on lucid dreaming and Googled it (bow). Then I found this site. An d have been trying to LD since then.

flyinggirl
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 12

PostPosted: Sat 21 Jun, 2008  Reply with quote

I am fairly new here, and have had about 6 LDs so far (in the last 6 months or so)
The main thing that led to LDs for me was journaling EVERY dream I had, even if it was just a snippet I could remember. I think this was a BIG bridge to bringing awareness to dreams and "building a bridge" from waking life to dream life. I also fall asleep saying "May I awaken in my dream and grasp the fact that I am dreaming..." to myself. I also think reading this forum helps to get LD-ing into the psyche.
When I don't do these things I mentioned, the LDs go away.

EDIT: PS Stephen LaBerge's book is VERY helpful too....

<mod>Edited in double post, please use edit. dragon</mod>

L.Dreamer13
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 10

PostPosted: Sun 22 Jun, 2008  Reply with quote

I first was reading up on Astral Projection and was reading bout that and then ended up reading an article on Lucid Dreaming.

luciddator
OBEoligist
Somniologist
luciddator has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
LD count: 100+

I had an LD about two years ago and didn't know what it was so I googled 'controlling your dreams' and then I got here and found the necessary information that I needed to induce my first LD. BTW I use MILD.

Brownman
Padawan Dreamer
Somniologist
LD count: 101+

During August. I was reading the dreaming entry on wikipedia randomly. I saw a link to lucid dreaming. I clicked it, youtubed it, then ended up here. Ive tried lucid dreaming since kindergarten but I didn't really understand the concept. Just thought I could fall asleep playing a scenario and then dream about it. But I've had a few lucid dreams before visiting this site.

Lucid_Sockhat
Level 4 Oneironaut
Somniologist
Lucid_Sockhat has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: Lost Count

PostPosted: Mon 30 Jun, 2008  Reply with quote

I was eight years old.

I had a dream about being at a crowded picnic.

And just as clearly and suddenly as any thought, I realized I was dreaming. It wasn't shocking, it wasn't breathtaking.

It was just a clear and confident feeling of awareness. I casually went around telling my dream characters I knew I was dreaming. They reacted the way most people do when a child has something to say that it's proud of.

After that, I randomly LD'd but I didn't know what it was called.

Finally, Stephen LaBerge was in the national news introducing the world to his pioneering of lucid dreaming and his Lucidity Institute.

I took it and ran with it. My mother hated it (as she hates mostly everything) but I didn't care.

It was a real turning point in my fascination with dreams and I've never really quite gotten back to that saturation of interest, that openness to what the LD field promises... much the way we never recapture the sparkle of a first love, or rediscover the wonder of a fairytale when reading it the second time.

Page 1 of 12Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

print   ShareShare