The FILD tech (was HILD) part III

The very first time I tried this technique i had a LD :happy: ,and in it i actually completed a quest :content: This technique is awsome!next time i get a LD using it ill post it here :cool:

I really like the simplicity of this tec, but I have a problem. Whenever I try to do it, my mind eventually wanders and I stop concentrating on my fingers or stop moving my fingers or both :sad:
Anyone have any tips to stay focused?

I finally got around to trying this technique again this morning. I counted the wiggles of my finger to keep focused. I decided I would count to 100 and then do an RC, and lo and behold I could breath through my nose! During the count I could feel myself drifting and knew my body was falling asleep, but I kept counting to reach 100 and make sure I was well asleep before I tried moving. I opened my dream eyes, but then an outside noise woke me up.

So tips: Pick a number to count to, so that you don’t forget to do the RC. Depending on how long it takes you to fall asleep, it could be 100 or 20 or 500, but pick the number you’re counting to ahead of time and promise to stick to it, so that dream-logic doesn’t make you forget to do it (you can always adjust your number for next time).

You do NOT count while moving your fingers, you just estimate. It says so in the guide.

I’m improving on the guide. Hargart came up with a good idea but his technique isn’t perfect.

The most common problem is that people lose focus and fall asleep, forgetting to do an RC. Counting will help you keep focus so that you will do your RC after a certain amount of time. Counting isn’t necessary, but it helps. I strongly recommend it.

Yeah, counting works very well for me when I try WILD. I guess maybe I’ll try it with FILD sometime…

This method sounds good. I’m gonna try it tonight!

I’ve only tried this technique a few times, and one time when I tried it, I ALMOST became lucid.
I’ll try it again tonight.

I fell asleep. D:

I fell asleep too xD

im gonna try this tonight :grin: :grin: :grin:

This guide is really good, I love it.
I got my first LD from it.

Ive almost done this “accidentaly”. I was lying in my bed and moving all 5 fingers of my right hand. Then I sort of…started to fall asleep, while still moving my fingers (note I wasnt trying to do FILD). Strange feeling. Then I realised I was falling asleep. I started to pay attention and that woke me up. Immediately I realised “OMFG I almost did FILD!!!”. I felt angry that I didnt just continue moving fingers :neutral: .

I have tried this technique twice. Unfortunately, I am a light a light sleeper and the small finger movements kept me awake. Perhaps I was too excited waiting for something to happen? I may try this tehnique again since so many people are having a great success with it.

I tried this technique last night, and it almost worked!

I woke up in the middle of the night and felt veeery tired. I remembered this technique and started moving my fingers up and down, but very slow. I wasn’t so excited since I just wanted to go back to sleep. But after just 10 seconds, my whole body got a really strange feeling and I felt really wierd. I knew I was in a lucid dream, but I got a little scared (because I didn’t expect anything to happen) and excited, so I woke up.

Good job so far Revolve! :woo:
Next time when you think your in a lucid dream do a nose RC! It should work, if not then your still IRL.

Thanks Miles, I’ll try to remember doing a nose RC next time.

wow reading through all these post (starting from like 2003 lol) this is defintaly one of the best techniques i have read about lots of posotive results. Hopefully this technique will induce my first LD!!

I tried this a while ago, and it was a bit odd because I fell asleep and entered a short dream without realizing it. Now the reason it’s odd/I didn’t realize I was dreaming was because I could still feel my head on the pillow even though I was in the dream.

Thats exactly what happened to me when i tried it last night…