What huge dreamsign have you missed lately?

Hello, I’m pretty new to this so I hope this post isn’t already up somewhere
I think my subconscious is making fun of me. In short, I was dreaming that I was at a university and a group of students were making a presentation about “Lucid Dreaming and how to get it”. I woke up and told myself I’ll be back there and this time I’ll realize I’m dreaming
When I came back I was talking to a person that happens to be DEAD saying how I’ve missed the biggest dreamsign ever, retelling my dream…D’uh
I might as well be dreaming about pink elephants jumping around singing “you are dreaming” I’d still stand there grinning like an idiot…
Anyway I would really like to know what kind of dreamsigns have you missed. I find that really amusing it makes me laugh like the guy who saw his co-worker get lucid, besides it makes me feel better to know that I’m not the only one who’s a little slow on the uptake :smile:

I heare you bud.
I had this dream one time wher I saw Jupiter, and venus like the moon.
they wher so close to the earth like half the distance of the moon away from earth. I woke up and I realize " hay jupiter and venus arent thet close!!!. Do’h!, wut a big ass dream sign!!!" :scream: :baaa:

I experienced the same last night.

The teacher in my dream, (I was in school), asked us, the students - if we knew what lucid dreaming is?

I shouted right out: “I do!”. And waved with my book*, then another student directly said “No you don´t!”.

I just like, “OK”.

*Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming.

I REALLY, REALLY outta get myself a better critical faculty. (the mental-suspicious-thing)

Well, I think this is quite a huge dreamsign that I missed…

I was at my school, wandering around, when suddenly I found myself on this spiraling staircase that seemed to stretch out into infinity both directions. I looked out from the ledge and noticed this…and I said to myself “This looks like something out of M.C. Escher’s work!”

Despite all that I didn’t do a RC or anything. :sad:

i had a dream that these indians came in my room and told me to keep a secret. then they said that i was asleep… so i thought that they were ridiculous and said, “what are you talking about, my eyes are open!” :eek: then we argued back and forth about that the whole dream. Dreams are crazy! :cool_laugh:

Dreams SO do play tricks on you and mess with you! Whenever I look back on my dreams, I will SWEAR that all the dream characters are all like snickering at me behind my back. And I remember this one time when I went lucid, the dream characters that were there were all staring at me in shock because I knew I was dreaming. It was REALLY weird!!! :cheesy: Another time I actually argued with MYSELF right after a lucid dream ::I had a false awakening:: about whether or not I was awake or not! And finally I was like “duhh of course I’m awake!” …I wasn’t. LOL.

Lately, I’ve had a lot of weird school dreams, like my elementary, middle and high schools are all mixed into one. I know it’s not possibly real, but I just accept, then wake up and kick myself for thinking that’s normal. Also I keep seeing celebrities. One time I was protecting Bill Cosby from Agent J from MIB, then another time Oprah Winfrey’s talk show set was in the school auditorium. While technically I’d think Oprah would make it a nightmare, I still don’t notice it until I’m awake.

About two weeks ago, I had a dream where I was travelling on a coach with some members of this forum. We were discussing our lucid dreams and talking about one of the experiments.
Did I even stop to think about the fact I might be dreaming?..of course not!!!

Just last night I had a dream sign I totally missed!
I was at my school, and the first dream sign- My teachers were being NICE to me…thats not normal, because I am the one that gets in the most trouble. They are never nice to me.

I was at an assembly right, and the kids were going haywire (not normal for an assembly) and ever one was leaving and running around, so I left too. Then my friend came over to me and said- “Theres this boy picking on me” (that is quite normal for her) and so I went out to find this guy. When I found him we started yelling and somehow got into a fight. Oh…I just realised something…during the fight…i was Lucid!!! :content: :content: :content: :content: :content: :content: :content: :content: :content: :content: :content: :content: sorry…i havent been Lucid before…anyways, I know that I was sortof lucid at least because I was more aware of everything and it was like it was real…and i was choosing to do all this stuff, different from just a normal dream…
anyways, dream signs.
All of a sudden, after the fight, my memory of him picking on joyce dissapeared and was replaced with: he planted a bomb in the school somewheres.
anyways it was all weird this dream was, and there were too many weird things for real life, and i never noticed

and im babbling, so ill just be leaving now :cool: :content: :grin: :tongue: :cheesy: :bored: :smile: :happy: :wink: :cool_laugh:

one time i had a killer whale in my back garden and i was looking after it then after awhile it bounced onto its tail and jumped over the fence :wow: … how did i find this normal!!

LOL LucidMonkey! That’s rich…

One time I was dreaming that I was on the beach and there was a crocodile in the water…well, i was in the water when i saw it and for some reson i couldnt get out…and then the crocodile got out and it was wearing a purple/red colored t-shirt and a pair of sunglasses…it had a surf board…

and i thought this was just another day!..
:bored:

I don’t know, maybe I’m wrong but one of my hugest problems seems to be that my dreams do try to be real, in other words: no jumping animals, no flying, I’ve even read a book in a dream (although I never looked away), once I looked at my watch (Reality Check anyone?), not only did it have everything in place, it was showing the date, and the date turned out to be right! :grrr: (I found out later in the morning)… So yeah, my imagination should stop playing up a bit so I’d be able to go “that’s weird, am I dreaming?” But so far so bad, it’ll be a month I’ve been trying (and I used to be a natural before I researched - how annoying). Anyway I’m going to go dreaming now…of pink elephants holding up “you’re dreaming signs” :wink:

um… I dreamt I turned into an elephant. I don’t remember if i was pink or not. But it seemed normal. All the other elephants turned zebra-striped. :blush:

lol you are lucky your dreams are normal, i have a lot of freaky dreams… last night i came under siege in my house by loads of crazy horses and i still didnt get lucid! the one time i did become lucid was one of the most normal dreams i ever had, and another time when i almost did that was very normal too… maybe you notice the smallest little things when you are having a “normal” dream?

LucidMonkey, it’s true that my dreams tend to be very detailed, especially when I focus my attention on something. Maybe that’s why my Reality Checks rarely work, for example I’ve read countless times in my dreams.
And the books always tend to be really detailed with tons of pictures and pretty text. The weird thing though when it comes to larger pictures I rarely get anything detailed. I guess it’s just my luck…

I miss so many dreamsigns… every night i miss them… i started trying to have lucid dream about a month ago havnt had one yet… its so hard to have one i have to be doin something wrong… since then i have been in wars (lots) and just the other night i was on the edge of earths atmosphere pretty much in space… sitting on this cloud trying to breath lol and the night before that arnold shwarzanegga was in it and he was on this metal platform like 50m off the ground… jumped off did some flips and landed on a car body… lol wierd

i read somewhere that if you put a picture of something or someone under your pillow your very likely to dream about it/them, then you would know what to look out for in your dreams. keep telling your self before you go to sleep that when you see what the picture is of, you will know you are dreaming. or if the wars are with guns every day when ever you see a gun or hear a shot (on tv or irl) do a RC then if you keep doing it even tho you know that your not dreaming youll do one in your dream and become lucid.

big dreamsigns i’ve missed? well, a lot considering i havent had a lucid dream yet:

• bunny hopping 5 feet into the air along a path
  • seeing my mother wearing a big red wig running around on stilts
  • seeing a horde of gigantic swans
  • waking up at 3 o clock in the afternoon in a classroom from my old school

that was all in one of last nights dreams :sad: :neutral: :confused:

last night i dreamt that me and my family were flying on a frisbee. not a designated dreamsign but jeez.