Movie thread Part III

Last few movies I saw:

Apocalypto - Amazing. Even if the animatronics of the panther were pretty bad… I felt a connection with the main character that many recent movies have failed to create.

There Will Be Blood - sure, it’s a bit slow at times, and the overall picture of the movie is pretty evil, but I LOVED IT SO MUCH. I laughed so hard at the few jokes and I liked all the characters, even if some did make me angry.

Jesus Christ Superstar - This was the first time I watched it all the way through and I enjoyed it much more than Passion of the Christ. :lol: Judas was definitely the best… and all the singers were soooo good. It makes me miss all the male singers that would BELT into the microphone instead of whining like some whimpy whimp.

Mary Poppins - It never, ever, ever, EVER gets old. STEP IN TIME!! STEP IN TIME!

Beowulf:
It was good!!! good fight scenes, scary moments.

The Invasion:
It is a zombie alien like movie it is OK not great but good

I just saw the Science of Sleep. Excellent movie. The way they did the dreams is probably as close as one could get to watching a real dream.

I just got done watching Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, and am going to watch Return of the Jedi soon. It’s always nice to go back to the classics.

The last movie that I’ve seen was The Spiderwick Chronicles.
I’ve read the books a few years ago and went to see the movie with my brother and cousin.
I was expecting it to be boring and nothing like the book, but I liked it. Hopefully they will make a second one.

Here is the trailor for M. Nights next movie “The happening” I wasnt crazy about “Lady in the water”, but I think this movie will make up for it. Its enteresting how he talks about the bees dissapearing. youtube.com/watch?v=-BRZ0u01KwQ

I allso cant wait for “No country for old men” Theres something about the villans haircut. I think thats the only reason I want to see it.

Sweeney Todd
Woah, love the story, Gothic tone and tragedy. Very entertaining film.

Also recently saw for the first time The Green Mile, exceptionally well done, the classic A Streetcar Named Desire and The Big Sleep. I’m really enjoying the older stuff where the story mattered because they couldnt fudge 90 minutes of special effects.

Maybe it’s because he looks like this guy:

:rofl:

I just saw that movie too :smile:
I thought it was good

So far I’ve only watched the first half of ‘Vanilla Sky’ and I’m already hating it. I don’t think I want to continue watching it.

Natural Born Killers is now probably my favourite movie… Brilliant film, and actually a very clever satire.

I want to see “Speed racer” I remmber watching the cartoon in the early 80s. Oh god I feel old.

I found the movie “Cats Don’t Dance” from 1997 by Turner Entertainment. It’s a really good animation. I can’t believe that I didn’t see it in the past before.

speed racer looks like it might be disappointing with all the cgi
(and those hot wheels tracks they drive on haha)

the show was awesome though

Awesome movie. Painfully underrated and unknown.

The Speed Racer movie makes me sad. I absolutely did not…REALLY did not like that show, and making a movie of it is the wrong thing to do.

I’ve been watching a lot of Coen brothers’ stuff lately. No Country for Old Men sparked it. Fargo and The Big Lebowski are great movies. At the end of the day, though, Scorsese is the greatest director ever. Goodfellas, Raging Bull, The Departed…this list could go on aways. Movies are awesome.

See The Diving Bell and the Butterfly if you get the chance and you can handle French w/ subtitles (unless you SPEAK French, then well…whateva).

the last one i watched was a scary movie called [REC]
it’s a Spanish movie, but the subtitles didn’t affect it at all.
it was actually pretty scary, and the last movie that i was actually scared of was The 6th Sense.
I recently watched Total Recall and Logan’s Run too
they’re so awesome I’m watching them again

if you recognize the avvy then you will know that i saw We Are the Strange, a very much insane animated movie.

I loved it, lot of people didn’t. I’ll admit, the dialogue was awful.

It’s on youtube! You can watch it for free subtitled in 17 different languages, including English, Japanese, Spanish, and 1337. I kid you not.

youtube.com/watch?v=5jlD7EVSJFw

this is the English version.

It’s really hit or miss, i warn you

I just finished watching 21. It’s pretty good. Now I’ve gotta get good at card games.

Well acted, strong movie. Funny as hell too. Any other fans?