Does this mean Im getting close?

Lately the topic of lucid dreams have been appearing my dreams. Ive discussed lucid dreams in my dreams, and Ive had other DC talk about LD. I really get upset because I dont become lucid when this happens. Im pretty sure Im geting closer, but is there something else I can do when LD appear in in my dreams?

either train yourself to realise its a dream or… i dont know =\

I believe you are getting closer. Soon you might have a FLD, you’ll dream that you are having a LD, but you’re not actually lucid. It’s even more frustrating, but can be fun.

You could maybe try to get used to doing a RC everytime the topic “lucid dreaming” comes up…

Well last night I almost had a lucud dream.
I was in a summer University program out of state, and it was my last day there, and I was getting my airplane ticket. Then I realized that I didnt know what time I was leaving, and I should have signed up for a transportation shuttle. Then I did a reality check by asking myself how I got there. I knew that I had not filled out an application to even attend the program, so I knew I was dreaming. To make sure I was dreaming I went up to a guy next to me and I asked him, “Were dreaming right?” and he said, “Yeah youre dreaming” and immeadiately I woke up.
Everyone keeps telling me that I get too excited, but its not that. I barely realize that Im dreaming, and then everything is blank, and Im awake. Its getting really frustrating because Ive done various reality checks in my dreams, and the second I become lucid, its gone. Please help!!!

thats very strange indeed well try spining around or looking down at the ground that may help

I can’t do any of that. I lose wake up the second I become lucid. I have tried rubbing my hands and spinning, but since I’m already awake, I just think about it, but I can’t actually do it in my dreams. I imagine myself doing it, but by that time I’ve already woken up.

I think eventually you will just get used to becoming lucid, and then there will be less excitement, and the length for which you can stay in the dream will slowly get longer. It was thus with me. I used to wake up the very instance of realisation, but now I’m managing a little longer, still only about a minute, but it’s an improvement. In fact, this morning I became lucid, and actually chose to wake myself up (for a particular reason), before it could happened involuntarily, and that was at least a minute long.
Just stick with it and you’ll get there eventually.