Has anyone noticed time moving faster

Well, I’m sure Daylights Savings Time and Global Warming (and my approaching final exams…) are big factors, but you have a point.

And if all of time and matter were speeding up, there would be no matter-based way (including nuclear clocks) of telling. :tongue:

After all, space itself is expanding at an accelerating rate, and space and time are related. I don’t quite know what to think about 2012. My current opinion is that there will be a social change, but one only visible in retrospect.

I hope if time is accelerating, 2012’ll bring something awesome!

It is 2 years and 3 months.

Time appearing to go faster is just the result of getting older :content:

Well, I have noticed time moving faster, but I think it is the effect of aging. If you are 20, then a year is a 1/20 of your life, if you are 10 then it’s a 1/10 of your life - much more. I think we perceive time relative to our age, that is for example you will see 1/10 of your life as of the same length, no matter how old you are. So 1 year for a 10-year-old will be the same as 2 years for a 20-year-old.
I don’t know, if I’m right, but it seems possible to me, from my own experience.

it does seem to go faster and faster…
though DST cant help, they say we are going to get rid of it in 09 :yay:

why do they do that? I think Benjerman Franklyn was a scientist, and wanted to expirament with how changing the clock up an hour would effect people. If you think about it, you are actualy effecting the space time continum. We actualy move an hour of daylight to evening. Allso what would happen if we didnt have a leap day? Would it start changing the seasons. Like July being in the winter?

no they said they where going to stop accepting it, meaning we don’t have to wake up an hour early

Time is an illusion… so… no. In a related comment I hate Daylight Savings Time. Why can’t it be Daylight Savings Time all the time? Damn Arizonans don’t know how lucky they are shakes fist in direction of Arizona.

umm, no, time IMO does not exist and is a creation of man, time will not change, and according to our clocks that do not measure time but keep counting in a pattern at a certain rate, nothings changed at all. Its all in your mind.

Ill try to stay on topic here, but I think Im finaly starting to wrap my mind around 2012. As a lucid dreamer I allready know that amazing things do happen. I have a theory that as it gets closer to this date they will be so much conserversy about it, everyone will be on a spiritual, and emotional journey. I think we will be in a state of euphoria when realizing that life truley is a gift, and we allso realize that we are about to witness something huge. We will expirance time moving faster. We might go into the 4th dimmension. What will that be like. Or maybie nothing will happen, and I would be dissapointed, but I would still be inlightned by the expirance. The past ten years have been so… I dont know how to describe… Overwhelming might be a good way to put it. I just wonder if anyone else is excited as I am. I will say this, God has been there with me the whole time. So Im not afraid.

I think time has definitely been getting faster. Like many things in life there is the eventual point in which things just start cascading and taking giant leaps. I forget the exact term for it.

But in the end I am not a fan of our time system here. It gives a way to measure existence, separately from the whole. It is used to prove to the mind that there are separate instances in time instead of just a singularity of existence. A single moment. Who ever created it sure knew what they were doing.

As for 2012, I think that the worlds reaction to the idea of a possibility is what will be central to the event. As in the past, we have a large group of people waiting and hoping, and wondering and thinking about a date \ time \ event. Thought is a powerful thing and when you get a great number of humans thinking positive thoughts about change \ evolution etc well then something is just bound to happen.

If we are to move into another dimension I would think it would be moving into the fifth not the fourth. I see ourselves in the fourth already. XYZ, and time.

How are we in the 4th dimension? I thought this was the third. I cant imagine what things would look like giving it another dimension. Ive seen it in cube form, but that still dosnt give you an idea of how it would look. No matter how much you change the shape of the cube its still a 3 dimensional energy. I think its like trying to imagine a new color.

the 4th dimension is time
this is a Tesseract, i don’t understand it :tongue: but apparently it is the analog of a cube in the 4th dimension (the analog of a square in 3d is a cube)

I love Wikipedia :tongue:
In common usage, a dimension (Latin, “measured out”) is a measurable aspect of an object. The most commonly used dimensions give the measurements describing the size of a roughly block-shaped object: length, width, and height. However, dimensions can also concern other physical aspects, such as the mass and electric charge of an object, or even, in a context where cost is relevant, an economic aspect such as its price.

^^^ awesome gif, dude. I thought they were called hypercubes.

Aren’t tesseract and hypercube synonyms?

spend a day with my spanish teacher miss benton i promise you time will feel so incredibly slow you’ll wish you were dead.

OK, now I know for a fact time is moving faster. I posted this topic on the 13th of March, and April the 13the will be this Sunday. Now that month really did zip by. I mean seriously this is crazy people. Im seriously blown away by this. My ride for work overslept today, and a friend at work told me that he woke up this morning thinking it was Saturday. Somehing is up.

Guys, time definitely exists…go read “A Brief History of TIme,” I promise you will think differently. Space and time are directly related.

I feel the exact same way in my spanish class too…

If time were speeding up, so would you and your thoughts. There wouldn’t be any way to tell, because it would all feel the same to us. Also, I agree that it’s probably just getting older that makes time seem like it’s going faster.

Also, tesseracts are awesome. There’s a video on imagining up to 10 dimensions (here) that is also really nifty. I figure some of you in here may be interested.

:rofl:

I guess I agree with you, Kava. Time never hangs heavy in the air for me. Not even in Spanish class. I mean, for an instant I’ll feel as if the week is moving along slowly but the next thing I know two weeks have gone by since that original instant.