Galantamine + Choline= lucid dreams

Someone should test this once and for all. Have a group of people taking the pill but not knowing whether it’s the real deal or a placebo so they can switch back and forth and see which gets better results. I personally want to achieve all natural LDs.

Personally, I agree with the decision that you should learn it naturally, as with any skill part of the sense of achievement is that you’ve stuck at it and you feel good with the results, and if you want to go further, you might feel inclined to just “go for a pill” with any other things you want to achieve in life.

Well, for those of us who very rarely achieve lucidity, I think there is nothing wrong with taking the pills. If they worked to where you got an LD every time you take them, then you will begin to learn to recognize you are dreaming. It IS a way of learning, so you in the long run will have a much much higher chance of becoming lucid if you have LDs that often.

Do any drug stores sell galantamine pills? I would like to try these as apparently they really do help, but I can’t seem to find them anywhere. I can buy the choline from GNC, and I’d really rather not have to order anything online as I don’t personally have a credit card.

Edit: I found out they sell galantamine at Walgreens, but do I need a prescription?

LD411-please reply if you have any more results…I am really excited about trying this.

Galantamine acts almost as a sort of brain enhancer kind of. It increases dream vividness by a lot and has your brain on a slightly more awake level making it much easier to LD.

Choline acts as a memory booster, making dream recall excellent. The two of them combined is an all-star lucid dream team.

yea i got another short LD with this but this is best when taken with WBTB because you have a better chance to become lucid. Only take 1 pill though because if you take more it will keep you awake. No you do not need a prescription for this(i think)

I only take this like 2 times a week because if you take them to much there can be side effects :grrr:

If i dont get a LD with this i get very vivid dreams and that helps with my dream recall :smile:

You take it like an hour before bed or something?

no i usually sleep for about 4-5 hours then take 1 pill and go back to sleep. You can take it before going to bed but that won’t give you as good results. I suggest you should sleep for like 4-5 hours then take 1 pill and go back to sleep for better results! :smile:

That would work better for me anyway. When I initially get into bed, theres no telling when I’ll fall asleep. It typically takes over an hour, however when i do WBTB it only takes a few minutes.

hope it works for you! :grin:

I bought this product call GalantaMind for $40 at a little nutrition shop not too far away from me. Came with 90 (4mg) capsules.

Stats are:
200mg Choline
4mg Galantamine
100mg Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5)

I’m going to try this tonight and I’ll post back tomorrow and tell everyone how it goes. :content:

and I would say you had some positive results using this. I dont think choline alone will give you any real benifit but the galantamine and the b5 will help increase dream recall and vividness. Take too much and you will make yourself sick though. choline helps boost galantamine so is useful when used as a combination, if taken by its self I think you would only notice a difference i f you have enough galantamine in your system

Galantamine and Choline definitely worked for me. I really struggled to have lucid dreams until about 2 years ago. I would have 10 LDs in a good year. Then I discovered the the book ‘Advanced Lucid Dreaming’ and started looking at this method. Now I take them at weekends and get about a 50% hit rate - but on successful nights I might have several different types of dream experience - LDs, OOBEs, visitors etc. I now get about 40 dreams a year but because I know when they are likely, I can plan more for what to do. In this way my LD development is progressing much quicker. I usually sleep for 5 hours and then take the supplements.

I’m a board certified doctor of pharmacy and I would love to share some information on galantamine with this forum. First of all, it is a prescription that is written for patients with alzheimer’s disease. This brings me to it’s properties as a memory booster: it is known as an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor, meaning that it blocks the enzyme in the brain responsible for breaking down acetylcholine into it’s components: acetate and choline. This results in extremely high levels of acetylcholine in the neuronal synapses and is believed to boost memory. When coupled with a choline supplement this effect is more pronounced. However, this Rx rarely works for alzheimer’s sufferers and merely slows the progression of their disease. In terms of lucid dreaming, nightmares and intense “realistic” dreams are some of the side effects that I counsel my patient’s families to watch out for when giving this drug to their loved ones. This not a placebo effect and has very real cognitive and biochemical effects. I do not endorse taking this recreationally for the purpose of lucid dreaming and I would strive to achieve a lucid state naturally, but that does not mean that galantamine coupled with choline is inherently harmful. You know your bodies better than anyone else so you all should be cognizant of any effects or changes that may occur.

1 Like

I think some supplements can be help you start your journey towards Ld because, if you have almost 0 recall, some kind of boost can help you remember your dreams and write then down later, in the purpose of traingin your brain to remember the dreams more often. It’s like a supplement when you go to the gyn. Only the pills don’t help, but the pills + exercise helps more than only the exercise.

Thanks for the input, docod44. It’s great to see the point of view of a professional. I’ve never taken any of these suplements (besides some vitamin B6, but for other reasons…), but I don’t think these drugs are the best way to reach lucidity. Anyway, it’s something that should be carefully researched before taking.

I am flummoxed by all these people who reject galantamine and choline as unnatural. They are like people who would elect to walk to Chicago from New York rather than drive there in a car because “walking is more natural”.I can only say that galantamine and choline are very effective and if they are not natural, then nature should take a lesson.

I think I’d agree that achieving lucidity through the tried and tested methods-dream diary, reality testing etc is the best way in terms of an understanding of the lucid dreaming process and the great feeling of achievement when you start to make progress. However, once there, Galantamine and Choline offer the experienced dreamer a way to progress rapidly since becoming lucid is no longer a random, unexpected event. Knowing you are likely to be lucid on a particular night allows a more structured approach to what you are going to do. In my experience, this allow the dreamer to better master the environment he is investigating. As far as I know, there are no problems taking these supplements in the doses suggested.

I found this on wikipedia:

Some people who practice lucid dream (LD) or out-of-body experience (OBE) use galantamine to increase their odds to achieve LD or OBE.[12][13][14] By taking small amount of galantamine (around 4 to 8 mg) after five to six hours of deep sleep and practice an induction technique such as meditation, MILD or WILD [1] many people report more success with galantamine.[15]

There are also reports claiming that taking galantamine without proper induction technique will not lead to LD or OBE but will result in only a vivid dream instead. It should also be noted that, due to a long half-life, galantamine will stay in the body for a period of up to and over 48 hours. As such, it is advisable to space out the use of galantamine over a period of three days so that the body does not build a resistance to the drug, ruining its effectiveness

I have used Galantamine (8mg) plus choline in the form of about 500mG of Alpha GPC. This does indeed work. As the last posted put, Galantamine should only be used about every 3rd day because of the speed at which it builds resistance in the body.

I am about to undertake a new experiment involving Galantamine and Nicotine patches, based on the study here https://dreamslucid.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/substances_that_facilitate_lucid_dreaming_-_a_case_study.pdf
Page 13 is the really important part (for me) as it shows the results they got and which substance combinations were used.

I will report back with results.