How did you get here?

On another forum were discussing other forums we were members of, and someone mentioned he was a mod here. I decided to check it out, and realized I’d been here before via StumbleUpon. I looked into it more closely this time and found it pretty nifty.

Which Mod was it?

I’m not sure of his username here, he didn’t say. But over there his name is MMN.

Ah MatrixManNe0 would be MMN

StumbleUpon, great tool! :smile:

link off of erowid.org

I found this place in a dream I had. I was walking through a very crowded city street from my home town which had a giant advert banner arched between buildings which we often have above the people, which said what I remember as “lucid dreaming for all”… when I thought I woke up this made me very curious and made me think maybe all these people are having lucid dreams, this is lucid dream city? and so I walked over to my computer and searched the phrase … found the website… however when I (thought I) actually woke up I had found that I had actually registered on the website, which left me very confused indeed… I may be posting this from a dream… :mirror:

We were talking about dreams on another forum and someone mentioned lucid dreaming and posted a link to this site. :cool:

This site was mentioned in an article in 'De Volkskrant", a Dutch newspaper. :razz:

if i remember correctly i found a link to this site from otherkin.com

A link from DreamViews.

Comparing LD4all to DreamViews, this place is much more pleasant. On DreamViews, they constantly had to flame,talk about pot for some other illegal drug…Reasons why I never joined.

It’s all good here. :content:

Is there an option for “don’t remember”? Because I honestly don’t. I ran across this place years ago and lurked for a long time, using a BugMeNot account to view the member’s only forums (which has since been banned for whatever reason. Maybe someone else used it to troll).

I believe it was the lucid dreaming wikibook. (Also, I got tired of going on dreamviews…)

I think i saw it mentioned in a comment on a youtube vid about lucid dreaming

I was reading a NiGHTS retrospective and it talked about how the game sparked “A following of lucid dreamers”. Curious as to what that was, I wikipedia’d it and it BLEW MY MIND! So I did some searching and was eventually linked to this site through wikibooks, so I decided to join.

I was watching a video on youtube, and he said to come here for a really good LDing site.

What eventually led me to discover this site, was a program on the discovery channel. It was about the super powers of the human body or something. They then did a segment of it on the brain, and how knowledge is stored in it that we don’t know about. Then it showed someone using the NOVA Dreamer. The thing that covers your eyes and flashes light at you to inhibit REM. I look this up and I came across LD’s. I think just randomly stumbled across this site, and so now, here I am :peek:

To be honest I don’t even remember how I got here… I don’t even know where I got the idea of lucid dreaming.

The earliest chat logs I have are from October 2005, when I started saving everything. I did a text search and found that I had been discussing lucid dreaming at that time. I know I first got into the idea when I found LD4all, but at the time I didn’t get much farther than just the main site. I might have had a quick look on the forums, but it wasn’t until 2007 that I actually registered here, when I wanted to attempt it more seriously.

A friend linked me… and I couldn’t stop reading…

It started when I had my second lucid dream, and I wanted to know what was going on, I spent almost an entire week looking for an answer, and I found Dreamviews. That was boring, so I kept searching a day later, when finally I came across LD4all and I thought, “whoa!” But that was in April, so I kind of dropped the whole thing for a few months and here I am, returned and finally registered!

I posted on here earlier ago, but now I"m going to do it in detail.

One day, I was just looking at random stuff on wikipedia. I remember looking up ‘dream’ in wikipedia. Soon, I somehow got to wikibooks, which I then put in dream, to see what I would find.

I found the lucid dreaming wikibook. I didn’t know what a lucid dream was at the time, so I just thought it meant Normal Dreams. That’s when I saw the ‘control’ section of the wikibook. I was shocked. I never knew you could control dreams! I further researched this subject, and got to the lucid crossroads. I decided to have a lucid dream that night. (I didn’t, but…)

Soon I got to dreamviews, but was bored of it. I started lurking ld4all, and found it much better than dreamviews. I registered, and, here I am today. looks back all the way to July 2008 haha! I was such a LD newb back then.