What Book Are You Reading? -- Part V

I am currently at book three , its not as good as Wheel of time , but really nice , the characters are nicly made - what annoys at times or( to use a less sharp word:) dissapoints , is how “jumpy” the plot gets in sertain sections.

I’ve never actually read that particular book, but I heard it’s quite good.

I’m reading As I Lay Dying (for English… :tongue: )and I love it - I’m such a big fan of stream of consciousness books (including the fabulous Only Revolutions)

I have a small paperback titled
Daily Readings with C.S. Lewis
I felt like getting a bit of inspiration :content:

it is just extracts from his books

I’m reading The Chronicles Of Narnia by C.S. Lewis

Currently reading “Travels” by Michael Crichton. It’s an autobiography by him, it’s really good. Also working on “K is for Killer” by some random woman. It’s mindless reading, fluff really. Although I do want to see who murdered that woman…

I love mindless fluff! :yay:

I’ve never read her book personally, but I do know that the Alphabet murder mystery series is written by Sue Grafton.

Currently Reading: Lost in a Good Book, by Jasper Fforde.

I have seen these books in the bookstore but had never bought them thinking that I might not like them but when I saw this post and realised Sakoda liked the books, I decided to try them, I bought the first one, one day and then the second one the day after, it only took me 2-3 days to read the first one so now I’m reading

“The Novice” in The Black Magician Trilogy by Trudu Canava

“Late in November”/“Moominvalley in November” by Tove Jansson.

Final book in the Moomin series.

well now i have finished with the 3rd book in the maximum ride series, they are really very good.Unfortunately, i have nothing to read for OAT week! i hate pageturners, especially because most of them are short, and i can read 1 ENTIRE DAY and not get tired of it.

Where are you in he books now ? (end of the novice i would say …)
Currently reading LOTR The Fellowship of the ring … those ppl have a “ok , lets go save the world …maybe :yawn:” attitude .

started reading the High Lord today, the last book in that trilogy

I am currently reading a lot of H.P Lovecraft short stories.
This guy was amazing! :content:

tottally :yes:
Remeber to look if you have “the dream-quest to unkown kadath” in your collection , if not , go download it at www.gutemberg.org (its free , and legal)
its really interesting (LD related too :wink: )

A Briefer… not much news as yet, but it is fun. ^^

I know its a bad habit … (is it :tongue:) i have started to read Robert Jordans New Spring paralell to LOTR now …
interresting comparison acctually

I just finished His Dark Materials, and now I’m working on The Archetypes and the Collective Unconcious (The Collected Works of C. G. Jung)

Eragon and Eldest , two very good books if you are into fantasy.

I love those books - but I have to put up with a lot of crap from people who point out the similarities to Star Wars. It’s worth it. :tongue:

It just irks me that on the map he put a lake called “isen star”… or something LOTR. I personally love the Star Wars archetypal hero cycle. (my friend did a report on that… :grin: )

Just finished “Endymion”. Currently working on a for-school book about writing college application essays. :razz:

Reading David Copperfield right now by Charles Dickens. I like it a fair amount so far :smile: