First Steps to WILD part IV (Basic WILD Q&A)

[mod]This is part IV of the First Steps to WILD Topic.

Please use this topic for all basic questions about the WILD technique.

Part I
Part II
Part III
:dragon:
[/mod]

I recently started trying to do a WILD, whenever I do it after a couple of minutes, I feel like I really need to move and it begins to feel like my bed is shaking, then I start to feel sort of hot and cold, and I usually twitch around this point though. I have noticed that if I try to move and end it forcefully, it takes a while for me to get moving. I don’t really experience much HI and I was wondering whether this Is border of doing a WILD/entering SP or if it is just me being weird.

Hey, I have a question. I feel like I’m getting really close to getting into the dream state, I can see the HI (flashing lights and colors in my case), and I usually can get to the falling/spiraling feeling, and don’t really feel anything like the blanket on my arms or legs. This seems to last about 5 or 10 minutes by my perception, and the spinning feeling usually fades out and comes back a lot, I have some trouble maintaining that. However, I can’t seem to get past that, and give up because I don’t feel any progress, even though I am getting pretty vivid HI, still the swirly colors though. So, any tips to get past that very annoying stage?
Also, similarly to Muzzius, I can feel a delay, and feel a little numb and desensitized whenever I try to move to another position after giving up. Is that the onset of sleep paralysis, or something completely different?
Edit:
After practicing this some more, I feel I am getting even closer to the REM stage. After being in the spinning and numb state (I don’t believe it’s sleep paralysis, because I can move, it just takes some will), I have noticed that I get really really hot. Is that normal? And I still can’t seem to get past this stage, so the previous question is still open to answers.

ok, so everytime I try to wild, I try it on my back and I think thats how I got my first one, but its not really working do I have to be perfectly still in order to see images? After I go into my dream and I know i’m dreaming I can’t really do anything I want to do and I certanly can’t feel myself doing it,what happens is things happen the way I want them to but i’m not really controling it sorry if this is confusing but I dont really know how to explain it and also can I wild on my side? :bored: any help is very much apreciated thank you

The feeling of movement being sluggish is was quite common for me once I had lay absolutely still for a while. It seems not everyone will experience HI when attempting WILD, some people can enter a dream without even realizing; at least until they get board of trying WILD and give up. :tongue: It is possible that you are experiencing the onset of SP. Although “a few minutes” gives me the impression it might be happening a bit too quickly.

With the HI I used to get two different types. First there was the swirling colours stage. Where the colours formed random patterns, but nothing more. Then a very different stage where I would see fully formed images. Often with a distinct storyline. I know that for some people the colours would transform into images, that has never happened for me personally. The only tip that comes to mind is to keep yourself relaxed and carry on with whatever technique you are using to stay aware. I don’t think you should ignore the images/colours, but just acknowledge them and flow passively.

Personally I can’t say I’ve felt odd heat. In fact at the stage you mention I don’t really recall any feelings from my body except perhaps a little numbness. I think this will feel different for each person though.

The position you WILD in only affects you, if it is easier or harder for you to get to sleep in. If you find it harder to sleep on your back then you will find it harder to WILD on your back. With the control you describe there are two possibilities that may cause that. One is that you are dreaming you are lucid dreaming. This means you dont actually realise at the time you are dreaming, it is usually more like your mind playing out what might happen as if you were lucid. (It can get confusing at times :tongue:) The other possibility is that it is a low level lucid dream. Meaning you realise that you are dreaming, but you don’t necessarily realise all of what it means. (You don’t realise that you can control the dream for instance.)

Thanks for the tip Dragon. Ima try that tonight, and I guess just try to ignore the heat like the itches… Hopefully my attention span will last long enough to get to a fully formed image :tongue:.
Edit:
So, the colors didn’t turn into the fully formed images for you, but were a different “scene”? I can’t really understand if there was a gap between the two or what. Clarification would be nice.

thank you dragon 73 once again, your right and im going to try on my back thank you so much very thankful

i can’t sleep on my back
i get a weird feeling like i’m being stretched out or something and it’s just uncomfortable

did you mean that doing WILD on your front or side won’t work?

From my understanding, any position will work, but going to sleep on your back is supposedly the easiest way to WILD. Personally, I have gotten the same distance into the sleep cycle on my side and back (still no dreams yet…), so I don’t really see much of a difference. Just do whatever is comfortable for you.

On my own progress, I have another question. So, I think I may be feeling the vibrations that have been mentioned, but I’m not sure. They just felt like isolated super-rapid twitches in a few muscle groups, with a minute(maybe) or so gap between vibration, and then twice, I think my entire body started shaking for about half of a second. Are these the referenced vibrations? AND, if so, how close am I? 2 weeks of practice had better be paying off… :wink:

Well they might vary from person to person, but for me it’s more of a waving or pulsating feeling… and it usually takes a few seconds…

In the end it will. :tongue: Keep in mind the big picture, lol. Imagine yourself in x years as a WILD master! yeah, I have to practise more WILD, really… :shy: pictures self as a WILD master

For me there was a definite gap between the two, I’d see the colours and they would seem to fade, to be replaced later with full scenes. Some people seem to have the the colours transform into the scenes though.

Thats good to know… I’m pretty sure I got to that step last night… :smile: But that heat… I was fighting not to move, and getting really sweaty, but when I finally collapsed, the heat pretty much went away, and there was absolutely no sweat to be observed. (by the way, I have a pretty light blanket, and the fan turned all the way up, so this shouldn’t be a problem) So far, I haven’t had problems not moving, but this is a killer. :grrr: I know (99% sure) its a hallucination, but it feels really weird, and I actually felt my entire leg jerk because of a tingle(?) at one point, so this feels pretty darn real. Anyone had a similar experience? If so, any advice?

^ my EXACT experiance

So last night I tried this and after I had counted all the way to 580 I felt REALLY REALLY weird. I got all tingle and my muscles twitched and after a few minutes it went away, am I doing it right? If so what do I do when that happens?

Yeah, you seem to be on the right track. If you saw a bunch of swirling colors or fully formed images, particularly the latter, you are very close. You just need to keep from moving, and you should eventually drift away from feeling your own body and be teleported into a dream.

I need a quick answer, I didn’t see any colors just kind of faint movement and my fan got REALLY fast and I heard a big noise and I got all tingly but I didn’t know what to do

Just wait. It was probably a hallucination, which means you are very close to entering the REM state. So… You just need to acknowledge them, but just keep still and relax.
For me, anyone had the heat problem other than Kristopher?

it looks like you were getting some sort of HH. i dont see any colors when i try to WILD, but my body gets tingly, i hear lots of sounds, sometimes conversations even. its all perfectly normal and nothing to be afraid of.

the more you practice, the more you will get used to the sensations and the easier it will be to just ignore them and go with them. let the tingly become vibrations or jolts, or whatever you may get, and keep with it, you will eventually achieve SP.

the key is…dont let yourself get startled or afraid or excited or really anything. just passively observe and try not to get to involved. let the process do as the process does

i find that i get really warm while doing WILD. i just turn on my fan before i even go to sleep at the beginning of the night so i am used to it by the time i wake up for WBTB. i am also cooler when i wake up, and i find that WILD does not make me as warm as normal.

Yeah, I think the heat just kind of dissipates after a while, and I have gotten used to it over a week now. Last night, I got the the whole heart pounding, everything is really loud, but I couldn’t get past that. I could hear the volume of the fan increasing and my heart rate going up, and I just kept breathing steadily, and I must have heard an increase in volume 20 times in about 5 minutes before I realized that that was going nowhere. Should I just keep at it until something happens, or does the ambient volume need to go up until my head explodes or something to that effect before I enter REM? I hope I’m getting closer.

Hey people mind if you give me any advice on my lat nights attempt At WILD

Went to bed at 2:44 am
Laid down on bed head to pillow and arms under head (felt ok)
After about 45 mins my legs were numb /hands and arms, was a little tingly at the point when suddenly my right leg kicked out and settled again, I didnt respond to the sudden movement , and went on for another 15 mins, this is were I realised the hands under head was bad… just pain up my arms lol.

So I gave in at this point checked the clock and it was exactly 3:44 I was attonished.(At the fact that i was at it for an hour and that it was exactly an hour passed (disregarding seconds:P))
I decided to have another whack at it but didnt check the clock from further onwards.
This time same thing jsut with arms lapped over stomach, went numb very fast at this point and felt a weird sensation of pressure just above my right eyebrow (not third eye direct) .

I was tired at this point and after at least 30 mins when I closed my eyes (sorta opened and closed them through out to see what wud happen) again I started seeing these words in a vortexual swirl. so I concentrated on them saying to my self that I would LD and other stuff that is motivational to me:p.
These swirls didnt lead any were but i did feel like my head was shaking side to side but like only by a cm or so(This shaking of the head happened 5 times throughout the night at short bursts)

Suring both tries I knew I was not in SP. Also i did feel hot during some parts of these attempts.

I gave up sometime after the swirls died off and layed on my side trying it that way (the way i usually sleep i thought , might offer results) by this time it was getting daylightish and I drifted off to sleep

No dream recall.

Woke up at 2:44pm to my mother phoning me ( Was such an interesting call -.-)
went back to sleep and lapsed into a dream, I started seeing old teachers of past in my secondary school education and they were talkign about a reunion. I knew I was dreaming because I knew I was just in sheffield. I was talking to them and having a laugh and thats all I can remember.

So umm any help or advise to stick this to the floor and get it right before i try tonight would be nice

Ty all

Jacobite

Does anyone know what to do if you get a really bad urge to itch during a WILD like I did last night? Also, is it normal to get twitchy eyelids - and were they even actually twitching?!

jsf